The things that make me go :( about this game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by the pestimist, Mar 13, 2013.

1. the pestimist

The payment
    Im not saying be like bf3 where gamers have to spend $200 to get everything. No just a $30 to $60 done and membership would allow players on a test server. They can keep the cert system in only slice the prices by alot. Maybe PS3 (Planetside 3). The only reason ps2 needed the f2p boost was it was crappy on launch and is kind of to this day. PS2 isn't a failure just some things don't work.

The balance
    F2P and FPS don't really work with Cash grab guns it may work in other mmo's but to late to go away from f2p now sigh. So real balance here is impossible with F2P because of the fact they need to make cash grab guns.
  2. Duff_Chimp

The average forum user and the wider community.

General lack of brains and tactics

People in the game

In fact I would go so far as to say that 98% of the problems I have are due to players in this game. If it wasn't for other people, this game would be really good.
  3. Sapare

I am not trolling here but what exactly are these cash grab guns we are talking about?

Because if we are talking about the imbalance of rocket pots/HE/Tanks/Rocket launchers. Idk if this is really cash grabing or simple balance problems.(As it never was a case of the game being outright unplayably badly balanced, just frustratingly.)
  4. Agent 47

He wants to get everything with $60.
    Actually, the cost of each weapon are very expensive, considering that they did say the weapons sold in depot shouldn't give a some or any advantage. So basically, what they have in mind is all weapons are balanced and slightly tweaked of each clone. But if they changed the cost, people would want a refund, like i do.

Edit: Now that they made account-wide unlocks, it makes much more sense. Except for the empire-specific weapons of course.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gavyne

I'll play. Btw I disagree with OP, neither of the things he brought up are issues for me. I gladly pay money for a game I like and spend a lot of time playing.

Anyways things that make me go :(

1. /re chat still doesn't work half of the time, and without it, it's hard to communicate within faction. This is possibly the most silent FPS game I've played in the recent years. A big reason for it is because /re doesn't work, so people can't talk within factions during certain battle encounters. Oh and /yell is just a stupid thing people are forced to use.

2. Deconstruction, I've had many many vehicle kills taken away from me because someone deconstructed them right before I blew them up. I've put several sunderers on fire, with 1 shot to go to blow it up, and they deconstructed right in front of my eyes. It makes me rage when that happens, it's one of those things I just can't understand why it's even in the game. When a vehicle has been in combat in the past 30-60 seconds it should not be able to be deconstructed. It's not that hard.

3. /suicide, yet another command that shouldn't be in the game. Same issues as the above.

4. HE/rocket pods, ever since the launch of this game, it has been a race to find the best mass infantry farming techniques. For the first 2 months, it was ESF & Liberator spam, along with Magrider superiority. For the past month it has been Prowler HE spam. HE & Rocket pods are the reasons why there are such big balance problems with the game in the first place between air vs ground, and MBT vs MBT/infantry. Way too many vehicles in this game have access to mass infantry killing weapons, and some of these vehicles have little trade offs for having such power. Balance means if someone gets a mass destruction weapon, that something should have a big trade off, a big downside. Such as Lightning, a light vehicle with access to HE, makes total sense because Lightnings are also easy to kill. It's called balance. Unfortunately the devs in this game gave all vehicles weapons of mass destruction, and so far it has been a race to find the next FOTM of whatever can mass kill infantry best.

5. Base & terrain design, this ties in with the issue above. The whole design of this game seems to be made so people have no chance at defending, and that if they try, they would get mass killed by HE/pods. There are only 2-3 places ingame where majority of the players can enjoy infantry combat. Bio labs for obvious reasons, the crown when you don't see hills lined with HE tanks, and amp station which is possibly the best designed facility ingame. The amp station has an outer wall and vehicle shield, this blocks vehicles from rolling through like they do with all other bases. Defenders get a chance to defend, foot soldier vs foot soldier, all on equal footing. If the generators drop, it's the defenders' fault, you can't blame anybody when the tanks roll in because you should've defended the generators. Terrain design is also bad in that the sky is open everywhere. The maps seem to have been made by devs & artists that enjoy flying & aerial bombing in this game.

I have high hopes for Hossin, from what the devs said during FNO it sounds a step in the right direction. I just wish the game didn't have to release with 3 badly designed maps and bases & facilities that can't be defended.
  6. SgtBreastroker

The weapons are expensive, don't look unique and have minimal differences to other weapons.

That really rustles my jimmies.
  7. SpecOps Delta

I don't understand that ever ongoing discussion about the costs.
    You do not need real money to get all the guns. Just some playtime and the certs.

The only things that are real money only are vanity items, which bring you no bonus ingame. If you pay 50 or 60 bucks you can buy everything you need. This would also be the price of a normal computer game. So whats the deal? I don't get it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tobias

NC Maxes. The be-all end-all of infantry, easily the single most broken thing in the game. They instagib ANY unarmored target, whereas the TR max at least has to keep shooting you for a couple seconds and the VS max actually cannot even hit other infantry because the AI weapons have a bullet spread and a deadzone that takes up over half the screen.