[Suggestion] The 'T7 Mini-Chaingun' takes too long to spin up!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, May 8, 2020.

1. karlooo

The T7 Mini-Chaingun is a weapon which cannot aim and only hip fires. You got this sort of an aim which increases hip fire accuracy but drastically decreases movement speed so it's not worth doing in a duel because it's still not accurate to where you can hit headshots.

From my experience the best way to use the Mini-Chaingun is by strafing in a duel, like you would do while hip firing a TRAC-5 with the Laser Sight.

Aiming in PS2 with the headshot damage is extremely powerful. You can down a target instantly by hitting the head.
    For a weapon that cannot aim that's a huge handicap.

Something I noticed is that the spin up time takes way too long for it to reach a high fire rate, which it needs because it's inaccurate.
    Why don't I use the upgrade 'Ballistic Rapid Refire Toggle'? Because the 'Laser Sight' is much better at strafe hip-firing. Without the 'Laser Sight' I am pretty much required to 'aim' the weapon if the target is not directly in my face.

The Mini-Chaingun is actually hard to use, I would say hitting headshots is as hard to do as using this gun but it feels very weak and sometimes unplayable due to the headshot damage.
    All I'm suggesting is to decrease the spin-up time for the weapon, making the 'Ballistic Rapid Refire Toggle' reach max fire rate of 845 RPM almost instantly.
  2. Liewec123

dont go for headshots :)
    it also has half the headshot multiplier, so just dakka the body and spam ADAD
    but i do agree that it spins up a bit slow :)
  3. OneShadowWarrior

I want a Minigun like Jessie the Body Ventura in Predator with Old Painless.

That being said, the MCG cracks me up, it really sounds like a lawn mower, seriously.

It’s amazing what you can do with cosmetics, same can be said with NS-11 but then you use the Diamondback from Arena and you feel like you have a beast in your hands.

I want it to feel like a real weapon too.
  4. karlooo

No I didn't mean it like that. I meant it's a handicap to not be able to accurately aim cause you know how headshots hits do broken damage. The Mini-Chaingun in duels will always lose to an experienced player with an accurate gun.
  5. Liewec123

true! but at the same time i can be spam ADAD hipfiring like a madman, more than i could if i had a weapon that needs me to aim,
    you can spam ADAD all you like with MCG and you'll still land most of your bullets,
    while your enemy will have a harder time hitting you, especially if he's going for the head :)
  6. Luhcs

the Chaingun is actually a very powerful weapon capable of winning almost any 1v1 given the player has the awareness and wit to do so. prefire is the name of the game with this weapon.
  7. AmericanEmpire

meanwhile, the lasher melts you without even needing to hit you.