The SW warpgate isn't the problem...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sosolidshoe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. sosolidshoe

The problem is the legions of complete fools who will endlessly and pointlessly zerg down the canyons while totally bloody ignoring the organised outfit lock-on squads camping up on the cliffs.

Stop whining that your Scythe gets blown up as soon as you leave the WG and spawn as a bloody Light Assault, who don't need a vehicle to get up there.

Every time your mindless zerging waves manage to take one of the bases near the WG, we lose it again two minutes later because every Sunderer we spawn lasts less than a minute, and we have no air cover. I honestly don't understand why this is so hard for people; do they find it fun to fight back and forth over the same 50 square metres of dirt, or is the general populace of this game just so completely obtuse that it doesn't occur to them that they can spawn with a bloody jetpack.
  2. Richard [PG]

Actually it's the latter; I know, it seems difficult to understand. But the fact that this is F2P and P2W probably makes the population abit less.... able to understand the point of large-scale warfare rather than 8v8 CoD>?
  3. Rentago

battlefield audience getting wrecked by planetside veterans
  4. Izriul

Who was whining?

I mean, if someone was whining, wouldn't it have been better to post in THAT thread?

Because ATM, it's just you.
  5. Iksniljiksul

People are unable to play light assault units, if they could there would be no other units in the game.
  6. Obscura

Not all of us have a LA with a decent gun and certed jetpacks/C4. Without those the LA is useless
  7. Cortosis

On miller tonight we had this problem so we were ferrying two full squads in gals on top of them from the WG constantly till they were all dead :D
  8. R-A-B

IF your referring to arc bio engineering, just to let let you know that cliff counts as restricted territory that if you try to advance upon in any way you have 10 seconds to leave or die. So yeah, It's a tad more complicated than 'spawn as a bloody light assault'
  9. ABATTLEDONKEY

Whoa whoa whoa! can you please re-phrase that? BF3 audience (similar to COD audience) getting wrecked. remember, the true BF vets I would call that vets of anything prior to BF2), and the PS1 vets want the exact same thing. we sympathies greatly with PS1 vets complaints.
  10. jshaw

there is a problem with that WG. if you can be shut down by a squad of HA with lock-on rockets there is something wrong.

not mentioning the fact that that WG is the easiest to contain because of the 3 or 4 choke points it has.

on connery when the NC had that warp gate it was a constant TR pushes us back to the chokes, NC zerg arrives and takes the amp station, then goes to crown.
  11. kill

Are you talking about the SE or the SW gate?
  12. Leer

Hah, you have the old NC gate. Enjoy the geographic penalties.

Your enemies enjoy easily accessible and defensible high ground that over looks long stretches of open ground with a number of choke points for vehicles...oh, and almost no place to put a sundy so you need to run back from the warp gate. better you than me.
  13. Turelle

While i've not yet been pushed back to the WG, I really love the bases on the western side of the map. While I can't tell if they're more or less defensible, they're a heck of a lot more interesting and fun (crimson bluff/sunken tech plant i'm looking at you).