The Sunderer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xind, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Xind

I'm back after about a year off and I've found I have virtually no desire to run any of my vehicles anymore. The only thing that I could see myself doing is shuttling students to and from battle class through out the day. However, I really despise explosive splash infantry farming vehicle weapons, so I'm wondering what are and how viable are the other options on the Sunderer?

My old build had two fairly upgraded Basilisks, but it seems like they've undergone a lot of revision and are/may no longer be the armor fighting power they once were. And yes, I am still interested in opinions on explosive splash weapons, even though I may not like them it is for gunners moreso than myself, I suppose.

Bonus: How is the Harasser Vulcan?
  2. Tommyp2006

Kobalts are pretty good, easy for gunners to aim. Dual walkers make great AA.
  3. Ronin Oni

New vulcan coming out tomorrow should be pretty good actually.
    • Up x 1
  4. NoctD

Don't go there - we don't need Enforcers, Sarons and Vulcans on sundys!
    • Up x 1
  5. Ronin Oni

I was answering the bonus question.
    • Up x 1
  6. NoctD

Quote, always quote! :)
  7. Ronin Oni

Fixed then ;)
    • Up x 1
  8. Thornefear

Was gonna say, we don't get ES weapons on sundies... or any dedicated AV for that matter.
  9. _itg

Basilisk sunderers are still considered viable compared to the other options, since the sunderer has the durability to make use of their sustained fire potential. Bulldogs are still good for close-range AV, but they're crap vs. infantry now. Furies are a better close-range AI/AV combo option. The Kobalt is the best pure AI option, and Walkers are still best for AA. The Ranger is terrible.
    • Up x 1
  10. Xind

Thank you all for your input. Probably stick with Basilisks until I can afford to try out a dual Fury or Dual Walker AA build. Always feel like an AA Sunderer would be annoying as hell for pilots.
  11. LibertyRevolution

I run dual thermal basilisks with extended mags.
    Any random I pick up can at least hit things with those...

Trusting randoms with dual fury just ends badly for me too often.
    • Up x 2
  12. zaspacer

You picked a good time to try the Sunderer. Sunderer is the new OP in the Standard game.

Once people figure out more and more how to break it, we'll see it progressively dominate battlefields until a change is made.
  13. CNR4806

A few words on the secondaries, especially if you don't have dedicated gunners who play with you and don't plan to solo.

Basilisk, Kobalt, Walker and Ranger (which sucks but still) have a very low, if any, skill requirement for effective usage, while there is a much more notable skill floor for the heavily-arcing and slow-firing Fury and Bulldog.

In other words, a random pub hopping into your Sunderer is most likely going to suck real hard if you give him a Fury or Bulldog. This does not stop them from sucking with the low-skill-requirement guns (which still happens more often than not), but at least they are more likely to actually achieve something with those.
    • Up x 2