The Striker is ruining air game

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Tar, May 10, 2013.

1. oherror

I say nerf them all or remove them. Less bi tch ing then.
  2. Taser

As of now, I am that noob and every time I've tried pulling out a reaver. It goes down with damage received from 2-3 different striker users! I ain't flying until this weapon gets addressed.
  3. War10k

Striker is the best AA rocket launcher YES, Striker is not the best AA.
    I don't have the striker, because i think that Heavy must prioritize ground targets, and leave AA duty to MAX and Skyguard.
    In order to be maximum effective against ground targets you must have a lock on ground and dumb fire launcher in one.
    If they have to nerf the Striker in a way that will make you fly boyz happy, then they should make it lock on ground and dumbfire!
    Then i will use it, but for now i stick to my trusty Skep N9 and vehicle kill-steal from everyone who uses Striker vs ground HAHAHA!
  4. Shellana

Yeah, you are right, the striker lock on time is 2.5 seconds. The dedicated AA launcher lock on in 3 seconds, and the Annihilator is 4 seconds(I think). So the striker is actually better than that math shows. I was working under some worst case scenarios, but I found some better data after I posted that.

That is just the math and is completely discounting the bug where flares only seem to cause one missile to miss if you have multiple shots in the air. The striker is the only launcher that can take advantage of this particular bug.
  5. Kastrenzo

You have one, It's called the Annihalator.

And don't complain that it's garbage. the NC and VS were responsible for it being nerfed after the Mattherson VS/NC cried their eyes out on the mass Annihlator strikes on their tanks and air.
  6. Shellana

And completely beside the point. Why should one faction have an AA launcher that is better than the dedicated AA launchers while still being good against ground vehicles?

The striker should not outperform a dedicated AA launcher against air targets, period.
  7. Sabreur

Complain? I'm glad that it's garbage. No anti-everything launcher should be as good as the original Annihilator was, let alone how good the Striker is now.
  8. Shellana

So, funny CSB moment. We were pushing the TR from Quartz ridge to Indar Ex. We were putting together a push, and my outfit PL said, "Oh wait, we are attacking the TR, forget using vehicles, grab your maxes and lancers for an infantry push..." The really sad part is that it worked.
  9. Kastrenzo

Think of it this way.

TR's Striker is apparentley unbalanced, Lancer and Phoenix is meh. personally IMO, Lancer>Phoenix

Now with GU09.

VS ZOE is ridiculously broken, NC Riot shield is a lulzfest. and the Lockdown mode is the most useless peice of garbage to grace auraxius, Unless you want to deploy on a landing pad and shoot bursters or something.

Point is. SOE does't know how to balance their game, so everyone is going to get something that's stupid OP. ZOE's can wreck all kinds of vehicles now. NC is the only faction that is falling behind in this.
  10. Blackwater

Wait, people actually USE the Striker?

AAAHAHAHAHAHA
  11. Ruvan

At bare minimum the current Striker bugs need to be addressed immediately as they are blatantly unfair. That is the Striker:
    1. Passing through terrain to hit you.
    2. Being fired from behind LoS.
    3. Not respecting flares.
    Additionally, the red missiles need to render, but that is a problem with ESRLs in general.
  12. Xander Payne

I'd give my left... Well that an my Striker for the Lancer. As would most of the guys in my outfit. You give the lancer to any slightly competent squad and you would be see nerf the lancer threaders all over the place
    • Up x 1
  13. Sabreur

Did you even bother reading the thread? The problem isn't the power of the Striker, it's the "locks on to everything" nature of the Striker. You can't go within a hex of any TR advance without Lock-On warnings lighting up the cockpit. Every other launcher in the game has to either specialize (ground only or air only) or sacrifice damage (Annihilator). The Striker doesn't, and it's making life hell for non-TR pilots.
  14. Xander Payne

OH I get yah so your actually just complaining how you ACTUALLY get as warning for 4s before you get shot at. Silly me. I mean I just love cresting a hill into a lancer trap and with no warning at all just vaporize, or passing by a base that appears to be empty only to have some poor NC scrub whose got a phoenix just waiting for someone to pass by, and you get to hear a nice lil high pitched shrill coming for an instant before you explode. For shame of me thinking getting a lock on warning could ever be bad
    • Up x 1
  15. Akashar

I think striker's versatility is indeed a real balance issue, nobody can say that HA is an underplayed class, and the fact that whenever you cross the path of a TR squad you get locked-on is really annoying. I have no problems with lancer or phenix spam though. Here's an example of what can happen: Last time we got on with our lib, got locked-on, and while fleeing, I was on the 3rd seat, and saw an incredible amount of rockets flying at us, an unstoppable swarm, like more than 20... If the lancer was so great it would be spammed, and TR would whine, but I can't see any thread.... So? would you make me believe that VS and NC are whiners?
  16. Satanam

Exactly. And still there are guys like the above saying that Lancer is not a threat.

When Helios and Connery mixed this week, I heard proximity chat of at least 3 guys raging on Lancer because they got their aircraft fried up instantly. I dare say they were from Connery server and met the Helios' VS Lancer squad we had to fight against eventually. To be honest, I don't even know why the Lancer squads were not as popular as Striker squads, maybe because they couldn't stop focusing on the same targets to get the kills and then got bored about it. I don't really know, the fact is that I hate to be flying my ESF and suddenly it's blown up. I already played a Lancer squad with my girl's character, and I must say it's funny and all, but it gets boring after some minutes. It's effective, funny, but boring after playing with them for many minutes. Maybe because I don't like VS design and theme.
    Most of the "nerf the Striker" threads/post are about the lock-on and lots of rockets flying on the target's perspective, but is it a problem that you get a warning instead of dying instantly when you don't even see the rockets coming, neither a warning? The reason we TR always have the best air superiority is that you VS/NC guys don't use your ESRL every time like we do. Even though I'm all up for readjusting the Striker (as you can see in my post, I proposed some increases and decreases in advantage for different aspects), the Phoenix would still be the ultimate threat against ground vehicles while having their shield for Vanguard (you can compare this to Mosquito flying safely when getting cover by lots of Strikers' users), and the Lancer would still be the effective-as-hell launcher in groups. I think it's all about your last phrase: NC and VS are whiners.
    I need to repeat it again: I'm not against adjusting the Striker, but then do it bringing some advantage for TR instead of nerf it all the way. Just in case a VS/NC guy don't understand it again.
  17. Akashar

Not sure if you can say so, I play the 3 factions and I can't really say that striker is overpowered. In facts, as you say, lancer should be more played and is more dangerous, but still speaking about facts, most TR use strikers, and 0.1% VS use lancer (on ceres where I play VS) So I understand the problem being anything else than TR when it comes to be overwhelmed by G2A launchers, swarming from everywhere. Then , striker is balanced when you use it in same numbers as the other 2 I think.
  18. Sabreur

Pilots actually get hit by Phoenixes? Huh, learn something new every day.

Again, I question your ability to read. As the thread title states, this thread is about the effect the Striker has on air (aka, completely shutting it down). If the Striker is underpowered against ground targets, that's a separate issue and you are free to make a thread drawing attention to that.

To make things a little easier on you, I'll summarize the main points of the thread.
    • The Striker performs better at anti-air than dedicated anti-air launchers.
    • Because the Striker can lock on to ground targets as well, there's no real downside to carrying it. Other launchers must specialize (anti-air or anti-ground) or sacrifice damage (Annihilator)
    • Because the Striker has no downsides, it is by far the most-used launcher.
    • Lock-Ons make life hell for pilots, because the only counter is to pop flares and run. Even if you fail to shoot them down, you've effectively removed them from the battle. The score-per-hour doesn't tell the whole story.
    • Striker missiles are currently bugged, flying through terrain to hit targets and somehow regaining lock-on after losing it.
    Put the above points together, and you get a weapon that makes life hell on any non-TR pilot. For obvious reasons, the weapon is fiercely defended by any TR who enjoys automatic air superiority.
    On a related note, ESFs currently have the lowest score per hour in the game - lower than any vehicle and lower than any infantry. So trying to defend the current state of anti-air is a bit insane.
  19. Shellana

More people use the striker more often than use the lancer, phoenix, or any of the AA launchers. you might want to check up on the usage stats before you post comments like this.
  20. Shellana

You get 2.5 seconds before the projectiles are in the air, but thanks for playing.