The Striker is further nerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, May 2, 2015.

1. sustainedfire

Since the last "large" patch, I have been using the Striker, and its performing terribly.

I have taken on the task of trying to auraxium the Striker. I will position myself in a mountain, or high hill, where enemy ESF will likely take as a flight path. I score some good surprise attacks, but then at other times, it is just complete fail.

The lock on feature is not working consistently, and there are times where the missiles will go right through a close proximity ESF.

What is going on here? It seems to happen with specific enemies. Is it possible that its some sort of lag issue, or "cheating" lag switch?

Its frustrating, since the only thing the Striker has going for it is the coyote feature- and if that's not working, the striker is just another TR turd to flush down the toilet after auraxium.
  2. boey

I remember the very frustrating times of the old Striker. When you're flying around in an ESF, getting locked by multiple Striker HA's, flying into cover behind a mountain and still getting hit, because the missiles literally flew right through the mountain. Also Flares were bugged and 90% of the time not working. And that not only for a few days, but for weeks or even months.

So, sorry to say, but no pity with you.
  3. SlamBamBOOM

Maxed Stealth.

Coyote Missiles are also affected.
  4. sustainedfire

I considered that also, though why are the missiles going directly through the esf? I would think they should still be able to make physical impact.

I will have to record next time im using the striker.
  5. FLHuk

It's a little like trying to road kill, sometimes running someone over is worse than aiming for where they might be!

I've had plenty of Phoenix rockets go right through things.....