The State Of The Sovereignty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Myka, May 1, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

As I mentioned previously I NEED other factions to be happy to have people to play against.

Some people are too short sighted to realize what will happen if one empire gets all the cool features
    • Up x 2
  2. iRhuel

Judgement from a scrub. Funny.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bennybones

People aren't listening because the problem isn't nearly as great as many seem to try and make it. Right now the VS is in a great position. The Swagrider is good, the saron is hands down the best secondary mbt weapon, VS accuracy and versatility in weapons is fantastic (having access to all RoFs, all damage except the 200 one, all velocities, all everything). The VS max is currently the only thing in the VS arsenal that's not really up to par. I've been told by people who have tried it that this ZOE thing is good, but I don't know so we'll see.

I will concede that this whole 'alien tech and amazing stuff' isn't really true. I mean it is, visually at least, but stats wise it's not like the VS are unique in any way. But then again, the TR doesn't have an edge in RoF either.
    • Up x 1
  4. SgtBreastroker

One of the final nails will be the faction specific pistols.

SoE want to make the VS a charge pistol.
    • Up x 1
  5. Van Dax

and you know what there are rumours of? A charge mbt weapon.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bankrotas

Shotgun pistol for NC is as bad.

Honestly, it's kinda difficult to say, how to make VS look more advanced in the day and age, where Nanites are in play and all factions are practically spacefaring.
    If you have ideas, how to make them look technologically supperior but not overpowered, you're welcome to try.
    • Up x 1
  7. SgtBreastroker

As the OP said the trait for Vanu is applied very inconsistently. There are some things that make VS unique in its own way but none of these would compare to some of the faction traits of the other two factions. Our Scythe is most maneuverable? Perhaps, but flying the Scythe is like sitting in a gyroscope. You can twist and turn all you want but you aren't moving anywhere. Trying those fancy spins and fast turns only result in the ESF stalling. The empires are slowly losing their special traits due to this community continually demanding nerfs.

However I would have to disagree about the NC Shotgun pistol being as bad. It depends on the perspective you look at it. Pistols are usually used as a finisher type weapon. You run out of ammo? Switch to the secondary to finish the enemy off. The shotgun pistol should make quick work of that if you are in close proximity (As this is usually the distance where getting a kill or killed is the difference between reloading or pulling the secondary.).The charge mechanic is going to put a cap on the RoF and if SoE **** it like the lancer then no one will want it.

However I can't give opinions yet, I haven't even seen the pistols or know what the stats are and how they behave.
  8. NinjaTurtle

Poor SOE do they have no fresh ideas?

There isn't anything wrong with having the charge mechanic for a single weapon... but to keep using the same idea over and over across VS weapons is just poor on their part.
  9. Bankrotas

I have no idea, why you did bother quoting me, but didn't bother format your post so it would be clear, why you quoted me.
    Here's a thing, shotgun shouldn't be an empire trait. It's just stupid gimmick as far as I am concerned. Gauss system rail guns is something of faction trait.I'd rather have a rail pistol with somewhat 400 damage per shot with a firing delay.
    Nor I would say that charging mechanic should be VS trait, as it ***** you honestly. Now if pistols charging wouldn't increase damage, but damage would stay decent, only your CoF would reduce from charging, then I would say charging mechanic could represent VS faction trait.
    • Up x 1
  10. Flag

The Magrider has decent mobility again, and I appreciate that, but the Saron is -not- that good.
    Had some wall of text(with numbers) written down, but decided not to post it. Doubt people would be interested enough to actually read.

TL;DR version of it though was(backed up by numbers from ps2calc.com, based on HEAT/default guns):
    Magrider main gun does the least dps, has the slowest projectile of all MBTs and lacks the turret mounting, making aiming a bit of a b*tch at times(the more you use the strafe/mobility, the worse your aim gets).
    Saron is stat-wise not too far behind the Enforcer, but thanks to the main gun being so sh*t, and having a very narrow up/down traverse, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Prowler and Vanguard do the most damage over time, and has highest shell velocity respectively.
    The -only- thing that favours the Magrider is the fact that it hovers, but as some TR mentioned earlier, it's not enough to dodge enough shots to make it as good as the pure damage(prowler) or ease of aiming(vanguard) of the other two.

Edit: I want to mention that I actually liked the reversed design on the magrider, where the "secondary" gun was the money maker, and the main gun was sort of the secondary one.
    Made playing 2/2 feel rewarding.
    But that seems to be of a bygone age.
  11. Nogrim313

and from this post i can tell you have no idea what your talking about
  12. Myka

Let's keep it constructive guys! Thanks all who've posted.
  13. VSMars

The "agility" part of our MBTs is exaggerated by the simple fact that we have no place to use the agility properly. We have no water bodies where our hovertanks could just drive over while everyone else needs to take a bridge. We have no swamps where tracked and wheeled vehicles would get bogged down (reducing their speed and rotational speed by half or more) while hovercraft are just fine. We can't magburn up steep inclines anymore either. Basically, there is no environment in the game which would make the added agility and mobility of the Magrider count for anything.
    • Up x 4
  14. Nogrim313

i dunno being reasonable i think the reaver could use a little (5-10%) armor/hp buff to make up for its slowly accelerating chunky ***, (maybe better acceleration on their afterburner would help) i see them getting shredded when they try to get in close to use their air hammers and they look like they should be the A-10 equivalent, being able to take a beating due to their lack of manoeuvrability

vanguard i actually wouldn't mind them getting a slightly punchier MBT canon its should have more firepower (keep in mind this is IF the mag gets fixed if not it should stay as it is)

im a bit worried that with the attachments pass they will be hitting the recoil on NC guns by toning down the compensator and grips with the % reductions those are quite generous when it comes to the NC recoil etc.

TR... seem pretty fine as is having the best fighter the highest dps tank with smallest silhouette, extra rounds in every clip and once lock down hits the strongest max out side of scat max ranges, playing with them in VR the dps output is pretty terrifying
  15. Nogrim313

thats ******* stupid on a pistol, a pistol is a fall back weapon when your out of ammo (either your mains clip, or you totally ran out) any sort of delay on a pistol immediately back benches it to an infiltrator only role, and even then if it needs to charge before firing it would need to be a OHK weapon to be using. charging to gain accuracy again would make the weapon completely pointless in any situation that youd fall back to it

i dont want some stupid gimmick pistol thats thrown in as an after thought because they had two cool ones and had to do do a third just because, we already have that with the ZOE and look how well thats going over
  16. Van Dax

I agree but lets try and stay civil, you're in vanu's house right now we prove people wrong calmly like gentlemen.
    • Up x 1
  17. MikeyGeeMan

The real problem is that all the nerds are meant to cater to the mean population.

We all know good players adapt and bad players cry.

The good players are punished for being effective by reducing the effectiveness of weapons.

The bad players benefit because now the good players have to go find the next best weapon. That takes all of a few weeks. And then we are back in the same boat.

It's all about the tyranny of the majority here.

We should stop needing and add new content. New content will make all the rebalancing worthless. So why not get the new content in and then look at balancing issues.

Stop nerfing and give those people ayre Cohagan.
  18. Riftmaker

I'm pretty sure they are planning to work on weapon looks and sound for the VS. No idea when that's coming though.
    And i agree with all the points,specially the no bullet drop. What's the point of having that trait if it doesn't apply when it's important.

Bullet drop on MBT main gun,bullet drop on snipers. Then what's the point of our trait? Most infantry fights are within the distance where said drop doesn't matter,and if it does,it's easy to account for.
    I'd rather have them replace the no bullet drop thing with increased bullet velocity. We're firing lasers after all,they should hit the targets way faster than traditional bullets.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bankrotas

I believe you're firing plasma, not l4z0rs.
    Well that was my only idea how chargin pistol would be at least decent. I do admit it's stupid, but any other way would be just to remove said charge or make charge release something like a lasher ball. Hell I don't know, I care enough to contribute, but not enough to get any other pistol besides Commisar these days and why wouldn't I?
    Anyways you can get revolvers nowdays for finishing of enemies.
    Some more stupid ideas by me from other forums:

20. Nogrim313

hmm the lasher pistol actually isn't that bad an idea, its leaps and bounds better than charge up at least.

trying to think how a lasher pistol would make sense, i guess smaller pojectiles with a larger than normal pistol clip?
    it would be lower damage than the reg pistol shot but would splash and you would get more ammo per clip to give it equal damage per clip, it would have to fire mighty fast though to even out the TTK,

maybe do a burst fire with lasher pellets

lol the sound effect could easily be pew pew pew if it were three shot bursts of mini lasher

see SOE that is something we might actually buy