The state of PS2 and what I feel must change.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Forumguy2

+1 for server merging
    • Up x 1
  2. KarMaSk89

I read all Buzz'z Posts and completely agree on all the points, these are all valid points. But have we had any acknowledgement from the Devs that they have read and thought about any of these posts?

PS. Not read all 40 pages of comments.
  3. Lyrencropt

Have you ever even been in a bio lab before? They can easily be held for hours at a time, and there's tons of certs to be had. Hell, even in a quick 20-30 minute amp station defense (which we lose) I'll gain enough experience to where I don't care about the capture bonus. Capture bonuses are insignificant garbage. Icing on the cake. Unless you're dying constantly and playing LA/HA/Inf (who can basically only get xp from kills), you should get enough experience from a fight to where the capture bonus doesn't matter. This is why ghost capping is dumb: Why spend 15 minutes doing multiple objectives to get a thousand xp when you could kill 10+ people in that time elsewhere?
    • Up x 1
  4. QuazarX

Bump, for rightness.
  5. Miggs

My point was that defenders and attackers get treated differently by the game reward system.

Consequently attacking is more "profitable" than defending, so why should anyone defend when you can get the same rewards for attacking PLUS an extra cherry on the top when you do take over the facility?

If it's easier to attack the vast majority of players will attack, the problem is that the force they are attacking will pretty much always be at a severe numbers disadvantage, this will lead to a number of things.

Smaller fights for one, but more importantly less immersive gameplay for both sides in the battle, less "fun" if you will. With less fun you get less players and we begin to spiral faster down a non-return route that will end up with every server eventually getting reduced below a player level where there is even any point in connecting because the big fights we all love so much will simply be unnattainable with a very small player base.

Damn, I've gone and typed another post aboiut this.

You can't trust me, I say I'll stop, but then I carry on again. I could just hit delete, but this is the internet and I just KNOW that everyone is hanging on to read more of my words of wisdom.
  6. KrystOutlander

Blah Blah blah
  7. GodlessGeek

An excellent post, all the way through. I particularly appreciate the insight you have into the problems I, as a casual/solo player, face when I log in to this game. I do believe the changes you suggest would improve that situation immensely.
  8. HadesR

9. HadesR

Only because it opens up constructive debate and not so much the OP's idea's .. Some are good, some are so so and some are bad (some were good, so so and bad when spoken about in the past, so not blaming the OP for them being bad ) but the debate is the best thing to come out of the thread
    • Up x 1
  10. xWarMachine

: ) the mods are watching this thread... reported a post and a few min later its gone... good job and thanks.

Your right it is about the discussion but we can agree that most of the suggestions would have a positive impact on the game's future.
  11. HadesR

Will have to disagree with that .. but not going knock anyone else's opinion just because it differs from mine :)
    • Up x 1
  12. RadarX

At least one SOE employee has read all 40 pages. That I can assure you of. This is a ton of feedback and this is pretty broad for a single thread but you guys are very obviously passionate about it. Please continue to provide us your thoughts.
    • Up x 19
  13. Flharfh

Another good post, good ideas all.
  14. HadesR

Poor git .. Hope you fed them coffee and cookies :p
  15. KarMaSk89

Thanks for the Reply Radar. Im happy guys are taking this onboard the amount of views/likes shows how popular and how wanted some of the idea in this thread are. If SoE takes one point and implements it ill be happy.
  16. Naivesteve

Server merges, not transfers. /beat dead horse
  17. KRE8R125

Holy BALL$, how are you such an a$$hole in your videos but so coherent here? I love (almost) everything you posted here. I really hope the devs pay attention to this.
  18. FailasaurusRex

Think of BCP as an Ogre and watch this.

The mans got layers.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ruwyn

I agree with everything except pain fields on the defenders. The SCU being destroyed should stop the defenders from spawning and Remove the Door shields allowing the attackers to clear the building. We already tie generators to much bigger shields. Tying an SCU to the building shields shouldn't be to difficult.
    • Up x 2
  20. WolfJHavoc

Part of me wanted to make a post playing devil's advocate and pointing out reasons why the OP's ideas might not work. Then I read through it and realized that almost every single point the OP made is pretty darn good. This is a terrific thread, and I wish I had more I could add to it. +1 definitely.