The state of aircraft in this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IamnotAmazing, May 30, 2013.

1. IamnotAmazing

Nothing should be able to one clip. ( you should read this as nothing should be able to one clip period) It takes the skill out of dog fighting and just gives it to luck and good situations. The vortek rotary should have it's reticule centered and have the damage lowered. The hailstorm should have the offset reticule as the vs have no bullet drop and the m18 rotary has so much bullet drop I have to aim the same as the offset reaver reticule. A quick bug is that if a gun has more than 1000 bullets it only has three digits showing. Also to any of you that bail you are setting a bad example for others and then they will bail on you.

(Now this next paragraph will be about aa and a2g) Flares should not allow more lock-ons to lock on 5 seconds more each time they are leveled up. Also aa is fine where it is ( maybe the ttk is a little to quick) but if you are going on the theory that aa should destroy air because it is ANTI-AIR which makes complete sense, then the dalton, rocket pods, and zephers should go back to the way they were. Some people just whine on the forums and never pull anti air. Well I have news, there are 7 types of aa in this game, find one of them. Anti ground weapons are meant to hit ground targets so the damage and splash radius should be way higher than it is. In case you missed the analogy or whatever the term is anti air is super effective against air, then anti ground should be super effective against ground. It makes no sense that the same amount of rockets kills a tank kills one infantry.

These are my thoughts and I know this will be down voted by every player in this game but I might as well try to help you.
  2. KariH

Yesterday I flied more than half an hour before I get shotting down and midel of enemies. I am terribad pilot. It totaly depends what kind of server and how determined groups there are. One server - instadeath. Another - "hey - here are peacefull!".

If changes are made you canot tell are they balanced or vbalance them already too steep in some servers.
  3. IamnotAmazing

Also at max altitude sometimes the gun doesn't fire when the mouse is clicked
  4. Benton!

If everyone is going to disagree with you, don't you think it might be an indication that your wrong?
    • Up x 2
  5. TheBillOf3D

Why don't you get your Devry degree in video game management and create this futuristic WWI simulator.
  6. Benton!

I wish the only people who could participate in balance discussions had to be a game developer, or have a degree in game design.
  7. Jestunhi

By the same logic the vast majority of the weapons in the game are designed for use on ground targets. It doesn't stop entitled pilots whining that they no longer have an obvious advantage on the battlefield like they used to.
  8. IamnotAmazing

I didn't say I could change this I am suggesting what could make this game better. Also I am not wrong the people that disagree with me are idiots that aren't smart enough to pull aa or just sit in burster maxes all day. Now I have a decent amount of experience in this game ( about 500 hours) it is the only game I have played sense it's beta back in September. I think I know what is op and how to balance things, now could I do these things myself, no. The only people that would agree with me are people that never fly and just ***** on the forums, which I am guessing you are one of those people.
  9. IamnotAmazing

there is no obvious advantage if both types of weapons do their jobs
  10. IamnotAmazing

May 30, 3:58:08 PM Hiroshino Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    M18 Rotary
    May 30, 3:57:36 PM LoAHS Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:56:46 PM EzraBlayden Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    M18 Rotary
    May 30, 3:51:25 PM TankgunnerPzIVH Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:49:23 PM TheLostMiner Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:48:20 PM JohnnyHobkins Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:47:03 PM Zorpley Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:46:51 PM Zorpley Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:46:35 PM Lordoftheidiots Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:46:03 PM Zorpley Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:45:54 PM staplefood Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:41:58 PM HarbingerDog Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:40:52 PM CharlesDeGualle Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:40:49 PM TantumOssa Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:40:36 PM Coximus Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    M18 Rotary
    May 30, 3:40:33 PM Shiver107 Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
    May 30, 3:39:27 PM Pronam Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    M18 Rotary
    May 30, 3:37:16 PM LikaSomeBoooDee Amerish
    [IMG]
    Mosquito
    Hellfire Rocket Pods
  11. IamnotAmazing

that was a small fraction of half an hour
  12. SgtBreastroker

Mad respect for them using it. Rocketpods are garbage in their current state and AA are insanely powerful in their current state.
  13. IamnotAmazing

that picture pretty much sums up what I want to reverse
  14. THUGGERNAUT

lol. no further comment necessary.
  15. IamnotAmazing

I want to be clear this was supposed to be an update to esf's post not a post to get more people to ***** about rocket pods
  16. SolLeks

umm, I don't agree with anything you posted.
  17. IamnotAmazing

could you say what you would change then?
  18. Chubzdoomer

LOL @ "Game Design" degrees.
  19. Benton!

And what experience do you have developing and balancing massive MMOFPS's?
  20. IamnotAmazing

It's called consumer sovereignty