The Slacker cloak roster

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Godsmangamer, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Godsmangamer

Just wanted to see how many infils use the "stalker cloak" to stop, go grab a snack, drink, use the latrine.
    Sometimes when I am Stalking I leave my character in a good hiding spot, sometimes even in the middle of being hunted and go do something else for a moment. Come back to the game and continue on my sneaking little way.
    who else? and anything comical like walking back and arriving for a perfect kill.
    • Up x 8
  2. Hafnor

I actually had just such a moment this evening. I had to go AFK to change my 1-month old's diaper while sitting on a point I was trying to defend from a few wandering NC. I came back to find a single LA sitting a few feet in front of me, seeming to be waiting patiently for the point to start flipping. Seeing that he had no friends with him, I shot him a couple times in the head.

Not only had I blocked someone from capping the point, but I still managed to get the kill upon my return. The stalker cloak is actually the perfect tool for new parents or anyone else requiring frequent, unexpected AFKs.
    • Up x 6
  3. VonStalin

it was fun for three days, but then I got bored and started rush with LA + c4..
  4. TekFan

Well, I'm not using it, but I had some fun moments with it. Basically because I tend to equip a flashlight on my commi since the patch:
    Example A:
    Vanu-berries: Found these rare examples in some bushes after their base got capped. Three berries started to glow as soon as I picked my pistol. They didn't show any reaction. Just for the lolz I took five seconds to carefully aim directly between the eyes of the first one. He only realised I saw him when the first bullet hit.
    The other two seemed to be afk, so quite easy to pluck.

Example B:
    Crouching T(ige)R: Just capped a biolab as NC when the few remaining soldiers started to drop dead occasionally. Hearing the sound of the Crossbow I knew what was game. It became so friggin easy when the TR-infiltrator started to cap the points.
    As soon as the next one started to blink I got there, took my commi and switched on the flashlight: There he was, sitting in a previously dark corner like he had to take a dump. While the other NC didn't notice the red glowing figure, the TR looked at me, then the other NC, apparently not informed about the new functionality of the flashlight(Or he didn't find his zipper, don't know).
    When finally the first bullet hit him and he began to move, I learned the truth: My fellow NC where Tyrannosaurus Rex's, only capable to see the TR infiltrator when he moved...and boy did they see him. Was a bit scary though since it kinda had the flair of a execution-squad taking down the guy who stood at the wall.
    • Up x 4
  5. Mustarde

Yep, me.

Check map for new fights. Change baby's diaper. Get another beer. Camp vehicle terminals.

Best ability ever.
    • Up x 6
  6. Benevon

Definitely conveniant for me since my dog has to go out at the absolute worst times. Nice to come back to see enemies still running right past me.
    • Up x 3
  7. Dragonblood

Kinda funny, when they run against you and still dont notice you.
    • Up x 2
  8. MarkAntony

guilty. definitely guilty.
    • Up x 1
  9. Benevon

I laugh every time somebody comes and stands/crouches right next to me and I knife em to death.
    • Up x 1
  10. Godsmangamer

Currently my favorit slacker cloak episode was while watching a open field battle unfold I got up left got a cold glass of water came back and was with in cross bow distance of a enemy sniper looking the other way. head shot :) then I went on my sneaking little way. I love this cloak. I know it's terrible for team play in almost every situation but it is fun to play. At least for me who likes sneaking about where I am definitely not wanted.
    • Up x 1
  11. Raka Maru

Stalker is definitely the cloak of choice for me. Reminds me so much of PS1.

The de-sync is causing problems however when I uncloak and realize I CANNOT shoot or they just flinch and don't take damage. Then I try to cloak and get killed because I cannot and someone unloaded a magazine on me.

It's close, but there is still work to do here for the devs.

Let us shoot while cloaked ( perhaps only for stalker, and maybe drain the stamina bar).
    Give us C4 so we can do the boomer thing again.

So bug fix and features above and it will be almost perfect for certain game play styles.
  12. cruczi

I can't say I use Stalker for AFKing but I do use it for taking a break in-game. Sometimes I like to take a deep breath and watch the battlefield for a while, and plan my next move. One time there was a huge battle going on with NC approaching from Coramed Labs towards our platoon at Indar Excavation. I was right in the middle of the battlefield, sitting still and thinking about assassinating an enemy tank driver the next time he repairs it. Then I see this Heavy running in a straight line all the way from Coramed spawn room, directly towards me. He literally ran 200 meters without changing direction, his path cutting right through where I was sitting, by sheer luck. Needless to say, he wasn't expecting an arrow to the knee and a knife in the throat. The battle around went on like nothing happened... :p
    • Up x 1
  13. Rohxer

Be careful with this - if they actually brush against you, your helmet and weapon lose their deep-cloak. At least on their screen. Still not sure if it's just a client-side bug to them or if it's server-side and applies to everyone from that moment on, but you'll be clearly visible to at least that person if they are paying attention and have med+ settings.
  14. z1967

I like to just sit there and watch a battle from another side's perspective. Its like an observer cam except I don't have to ask Luperza RadarX to use it. And then some guy with a flashlight has to ruin it :(.
    • Up x 1