The regrets of buying NS-11A

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by VanuSShooter, Jun 27, 2014.

1. VanuSShooter

dam ... could have just gotten 11P for free
  2. Ryker

There is no way you could have known. You got the most surgical weapon in the game and now when you auraxium it you can do it over again.
    • Up x 4
  3. Iridar51

^ that. It's free 200+ certs from medals.
  4. VonStalin

one of the worst weapons in the game anyway..
    • Up x 1
  5. Sagabyte

It's a pretty good gun. It's like an enlarged T5 AMC. The iron sights are great too, it has lots of modularity, and it has the coveted .75x ADS multiplier.
    • Up x 4
  6. Chris Bingley

You don't know real pain unless you were one of those poor souls (like me) who spent 1000 cert on the full auto scout rifle for your faction only to have SMGs released shortly after.

Oh well, at least SOE gave the FASRs a slight tweak to make them more mid ranged than close ranged. Still kicking myself though.
  7. VanuSShooter

Aren't they only 250 certs?
  8. AnuErebus

These days, yes. For a few months after launch though they were 1000 certs along with a lot of other weapons which are cheaper now. SOE made some cert price changes over a year ago, but there's still plenty of us who got the guns before the changes were made and that's not something they ever gave a cert grant for.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rogueghost

Not always, SOE often lowers the price for weapons over time, the auto scout rifles were once 1,000 certs.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Lots of modularity is meaningless when there are few meaningful options.
    Scope: x2 if available, otherwise x1
    Rail: grip or sometimes laser
    Ammo: spa if available
    Barrel: compensator

That is what 98% of guns use.

I find it boring that the platinum version doesnt look metalic. Its just white with the side taking a solid fill from the surroundibgs, beige or yellow almost all the time.
    • Up x 3
  11. Badname3073

Why would anyone need an NS-11A, when there is the Carnage with 750/143 damage model and the advanced forward grip + compensator on top of that?
  12. Leftconsin

Because more stuff is better.
    • Up x 1
  13. Epic High Five

It's a great gun

For the VS

Because their ARs are crap

Dumb as hell for an NC to be using it though
    • Up x 3
  14. Kulso

Sad but true.
  15. LibertyRevolution

Because VS Assault Riffles are lacking...
    I like to run an NS-11a on my VS medic, in full white camo, shooting bullets with a suppressor.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheKhopesh

Auraxiumed the NS-11A and NS-11P.

I love the thing!
    (Just a heads up, the two worst AR's available for the NC are the Gauss Rifle Burst (It was once a good weapon, but it's been nerfed to helI and back) and the A-Tross (The A-Tross is supposed to be better at range than the Reaper, but it's not thanks to the hidden stats.
    Even with HV ammo on the Reaper, it's still more accurate than the Tross without HV ammo).

Gotta say though, the best AR IMO for NC is the Reaper DMR.

For CQC/close range I run:
    -4x (basic crosshair only) scope and Adv grip (Sometimes the silencer if I never have to engage targets past 20m).

For everything else:
    4x basic crosshair or 6x scopes, compensator, adv. grip (HV ammo only when I won't be engaging targets closer than 50m).

If you get good at CQC/close range ADS with a 4x sight, you'll be planting every last round right up the enemy's nostril.
    That's why I love this thing.
    The ADS accuracy combine with 200 damage per shot allows for the easiest kills on HA's with any shield.
    Four headshots and anything short of a max is history.
  17. Neo3602

Just wondering how od you get the NS-11P for free?
  18. Noktaj

I bought it on my TR as soon as I got the 1000 certs (almost a years ago).
    Too bad they didn't gave for free something else. :(
  19. cruczi

Just wondering how you get any Platinum weapon except for free?
  20. cruczi

Yeah totally... no point using H-V45, a 800/143 weapon with right angled recoil, over the NS-11A, a 652/143 weapon with left angled recoil. It certainly doesn't help that the H-V45 also has the 0.75 ADS movement factor.