The problem with Pump Actions...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Chiss

Definitely go for a semi-auto. Also, try the Piston first, you may like it more. Just personal preference. Don't bother with a PA.
  2. TeknoBug

Actually the RoF on the PAS are a bit on the fast side, the same goes for the new pistols, the Commissioner has too fast of a refire rate for its power. One problem I've noticed with the PAS is that it robs your mouse control for a split second after each shot, it's extremely noticeable for me (and I spotted it when the first PAS came out and was watching BuzzCutPsycho's stream of him using the Uppercut and I even asked about his mouse control in the chat). I've used PAS in other FPS games and their rate of fire are much slower.

PS- Thanatos is my preferred, fast ammo reload is important.
  3. Aisar

Cheap really isn't the point and I am not interested in arguing that.
  4. TeknoBug

FAS are terrible, incredibly inaccurate with a very wide CoF and slow reload time.
  5. FnkyTwn

So you're saying the Blackjack is.. a gamble?
    • Up x 2
  6. Ranik

"Just use proper tactics and planning to kill a PA user"

Yeah. A lot like tyring to kill an NC max in a biolab. You can't do it with "tactics" as much as trying repeatedly due to the 50 other people in the base interfering with tactical play.

Oh yeah you can outmaneuver one guy but that's if he's alone. If outmaneuvering means you have to engage 5 more people then it's pointless.
  7. LT_Latency

One shot weapons don't really fit into this game in CQC because of time to kill for most weapons.

I love one shot weapons in games like counter strike and day of defeat. But they have very low TTK. So it's still a good battle.

You can't have close 1 hit kill weapons when in takes like a second spaying hipfire to kill the guy with another weapon
    • Up x 1
  8. VexTheRaven

Yup, so I'll just avoid all buildings, all capture points with buildings nearby, and generally every object in the game, instead staying out in the open where I can kill LAs before they get to me... Only to be owned by a tank or sniper.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sturmwaffles

Your killboard backs up a lot.[IMG]

Proximity mines are crazy.
  10. Selerox

Pump action shotguns were a mistake to include. Adding a second set of pump action shotguns was an even worse mistake.

There was nothing whatsoever wrong or OP about the original shotguns. Adding PAs was an idiotic cash-in with no thought relating to how it might affect gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  11. xGreedFuSioN

All capture points have 15-20m around them. Don't stand right in the doorway, and besides, you don't have to stand on point anymore. pretty much 5-7m is where shotties lose they're realistic OHK range, so just keep ADSing on the doorway. when they come around the corner, BAM.

Towers are supposed to be cqc, that's what shotguns are for, get a shotgun or an smg.

ermagurb weapon for cqc is good at cqc wat du guise
    • Up x 1
  12. xGreedFuSioN

Have you ever used the commissioner?

It wouldn't even be op if they reduced the RoF by 50rpm and made it a 2 shot kill. it loses half its damage past 8 meters, so it's essentially useless at its intended range.
  13. Rogueghost

I didn't bother counting but that looks like more then 15 kills does it not?
  14. Chiss

Grrrrr. I killed you right before that, right?
  15. FnkyTwn

Really? You're gonna bust out that video as an example? Why
    not just post that video of the Magrider riding up Scarred Mesa
    to prove your point about how they're OP?

That video is from right after launch when there were obviously
    a butt-ton of new players in the game. People didn't even know
    what the Lasher was, and their Sunderer parking where it did
    created the perfect death trap.

That's the only time EVER the Lasher has killed more than just
    the user and his teammates. :)
  16. Rogueghost

Did I say the lasher was OP?
    He asked for a lasher kill streak so I simply provided one.

Also the lasher is a very viable weapon, its arguably better then the mcg or jackerhammer, granted thats not saying much.
  17. TeknoBug

Yes I ran around as a medic just carrying the Commissioner the other day, I was racking up kills it was a little funny.
  18. Chiss

It's really quite sad how these weapons are so bad. They were such a staple in PS1, really defining each empire. Now everyone is just using guns that are more or less the same.
  19. Kuklakot

It's possible, but "easily" is not the perfect word to describe the chances of that happening. Most of the time it doesn't. You need to land pretty much the entire shot plus some pellets in the head, which doesn't happen too very often. When it does OHK you, well, bad luck. I take consolation in the fact that many other PA users that came before didn't draw that lucky straw.

That's what I'm saying. Unless the stars aligned in favor of PA user, other shotguns are simply better, which is why I fear PA much less, the annoyance of OHK notwithstanding.
  20. RHINO_Mk.II

16 kills over the course of 104 seconds in what could not be more ideal conditions. With a long-range LMG he could have had that many kills easily (although admittedly not as many assists because no splash)

For example, over the same duration the Gauss SAW could fire 6 clips with 5 reloads in the middle, for a total of 600 rounds output. It takes 3 headshots for the SAW to kill (even at maximum range), and from that angle every hit will be a headshot. That's a potential 200 kills with perfect accuracy, but even assuming a terrible accuracy of only 10%, you would still get 20 kills.