THe problem with G2A

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tentakewls, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Tentakewls

Since the other thread was deleted while I was crafting this fine piece of art, here's a picture of the current problem with G2A Launchers.
    Ladies, please keep your pants on:

[IMG]

I would suggest that G2A function somewhat like IRL, and have them dumbfire straight up or straight where you are aiming and after a set distance, start it's homing behavior. Either that or if you just want to make it fast, make them ignore collision for a couple of seconds after fired or avoid collision for say, 10 meters from where they are fired.
    You are welcome SOE.
    • Up x 7
  2. RealityWarrior

That would be great!
  3. Akeita

Nice drawing, but yea, sure, as long as they don't always ignore terrain.
  4. Tentakewls

Nah, I just don't want them to TK someone standing near me. Altho it is kinda funny when it happens.
  5. Prudentia

i still remember when i locked Daddy in his mossie and he pointed straight down. the rocket got a very accurate hit. on the magrider on the hill with his rear to me, the 2 BR100 were very very angry and didn't want to believe me that i didn't shot the rocket at them :(
  6. axiom537

/Agree - I wouldn't mind if the player once lock was acquired was able to hold the lock and angle the rocket in another direction or straight up, then when they fire it, it will travel straight for like 10-20 m before it turns to the target. That way the player can angle it to avoid near by objects...
  7. Flapatax

No one is forcing you to pull the trigger when there's a sunderer between you and the ESF.
  8. kadney

I wonder why all Lock-Ons are able to "predict the flightpath" now. Was the pursuing mechanic so buggy?
  9. WyrdHarper

Yes. Yes it was.
  10. TheBloodEagle

Here's a Reddit thread about it (good posts): http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...anyone_else_dislike_the_way_lockon_launchers/

Here's the suggestion I wrote as well: Missiles should fly at least 5 meters out of the barrel before going to target.

It has been beyond awkward, not plausible and immersive breaking how they turn seemingly 90 degrees right away before even leaving the tube & now its even odder.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I wrote about the same thing back in May 2013: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...back_lockon_missile_trajectory_from_postgu08/
    • Up x 1
  11. Hosp

This is a thread about Lock-Ons not just G2A.
  12. VoidMagic

actually it's just about G2A. If A2A dumbfired first than began tracking, it'd be kinda crappy, and it's already pretty horrible.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheBloodEagle

Don't forget G2G.
  14. VoidMagic

G2G is an abomination IMHO... but then, I have a Lancer so... I don't "need" it.

Back in beta a HA could hunt and kill a tank in an epic cat and mouse game... that's back when men were men thou and tanks were tanks. Lock on's... pfft.
  15. TheBloodEagle

G2G Lock-Ons could be much more interesting; such as allowing players to arc the shot how they want (not just auto-doing it) by making the missile fly out straight for 5m to 10m before tracking & also cutting out the guidance halfway through, so it would glide to target, thus allowing the vehicle to move out of the way. That's just one way to do it. But I would not call them cheese because if I wanted a game where pure twitch skills were all that give you credit then I would have stuck with CS, Quake and Unreal. But that's just my opinion. I was there in BETA as well though.
  16. Tsukuyomix

must be a joke, straight line is the best option, at current missile speed, the less it has to travel the faster it hits a target, you know how missile work, but repeat the same mistake all the time?.
  17. AMARDA

Thing is that we can't even see the Sunderer, the missile just flies into it though cause that's where the ESF will be apparently.
    • Up x 2
  18. Tentakewls

Ummm...what?
  19. Hiding in VR

They kind of are, because you cannot predict where the rocket will go. The rocket does not fire from your rocket launcher, it emerges (immaculate conception) from the centre of your ribcage and zooms off at an impossible angle.