The plight of the siege medic

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Frosty7, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Arkanor

Not only that, but you get your grenade back and have full ammo. As long as grenades cannot be resupplied on the field the sunderer spawn is far superior.

I think I'd like to see medic revives not count as a death in your KDR. That would seem like it gives some more incentive. Also it would balance some of the infantry KDRs more with the people who sit 50 miles above a base with a liberator chucking bombs of doom to farm kills.
  2. Pyros

There's many situations where the field rez is better than respawning at the sunderer. First it's generally faster if you died next to a medic, second you can't drive sunderers up biolabs or up the stairs in tech plants and you can't drive them inside bases generally until you destroy the various generators. In many cases a field rez will save you 20-40secs of running back which is a pretty big deal when attacking. It's less important on defense though.

When you're attacking though, having a couple of medics with maxed tool to rez people up as they die is the difference between being stuck at the entrance and being able to progress inside. It takes less than a second to rez people, then maybe another second for them to accept and respawn and they're basically ready to fight assuming they didn't rez into a grenade and move into cover right away for their shields to regen(which starts right away after a rez). Yeah they don't respawn grenades, but between a 2secs rez and a 10secs rez(is it 5 at sunderers? not sure what's the exact time) as well as a 20-40secs runback, it's a huge difference that more than make up for not having new grenades.
  3. Silrace

Pyros above posts a good summary of why you want Medics in your team, and I'd like to add a few things to that.

- Healing. A lot of times people take a shot or two and back up into cover, you can heal them and they can continue fighting without respawning/running back. You can even heal them while they continue fighting. Don't forget that Medic is not all about Revive.
    - It's early. What I mean by that is that Sunderers are right now relatively safe still. Many (most, from what I can see) players have not put their Certifications into all the places yet. Think a few months to half a year in, most people will have C-4 on their Light Assaults. One suicide drop onto a deployed Sunderer and it's gone. Then you gotta bring in a new one, which takes time and vehicle resources.
    - Just reinforcing that you can't drive Sunderers into many places where you can take Medics with you. Ever done a Galaxy drop to a facility? If you don't bring a Medic and they have any amount of defenders... well, it might not be fun or pretty.
  4. Marinealver

Yeah, once I heard the release date I knew the clock had been shattered.
  5. DirArtillerySupport

My dreams were shattered during the game's announcement speech when they first announced F2P, side-grades and classes. I knew then they were taking the low road and I suspect so did the great majority.
    • Up x 1
  6. JDCollie=VX9=

Even in Bio-dome fights, having a medic rez you next to a point you're trying to cap/defend can make the difference between holding that point, and having to retake it.
  7. CII0P

In my experience one of the main strengths of a medic is to keep momentum going. Sure, a sunderer can get you spawning close to the battle, but not right at the door in most cases.

My squad/team/clan has a long tradition of playing the medic class in other FPS games since 2000. We usually run with a group of 8, containing 6 medics and 2 or 3 infantry with anti-armor capabilities. Never using vehicles. It has gotten us lots of success, even against teams with many vehicles, simply because we can keep the momentum going on offense, and because it's insanely difficult to push us back from a defensive position with that many medics.

Obviously games differ and it might be very different for PS2. I only started playing PS2 last weekend :rolleyes:
  8. Dornez

Wait what? I parked AMSs next to the front door of bases all the time.

I think medics just need more utility than the 1 trick pony green fairy dust gun.
  9. KiwiGuy

Please remember we are COMBAT Medics, this does not mean we provide medic support in a combat environment. We are Combat trained soldiers that provide a medical service to our combat team.

I'm from the Military and in the real world, you have infantry soldiers that are combat medic trained to provide front line first aide to get your buddy out of the crapper initially and if he needs further assistance then you backload him to a Field Medic.

So in PS2 terms, Combat medic keeps the fight going and as mentioned the momentum flowing hopefully in your favour and our Field Medic for those extra patch ups which are slower would = our Sunderer / Inf Terminal.

So as a Combat Medic, you provide a valuable asset to your team as a Firer with your Assault Rifle and backup with your med skills. The only time you break from your primary roll as a firer is when your picking up a buddy to get him out of the crapper. Otherwise your moving with your team and shooting at the bad guys.

Let the game evolve and things with change.
  10. SilentTR

until hasty respawns cost you increased cooldown, you should probably just role heavy assault for the increased offense/defense, and save rolling a medic when youre behind enemy lines and away from a terminal and longhauls when no one else will run as the lone triage expert for your squad.
  11. Marinealver

They promised only to charge for cosmetics, not to make it where more senior players dominate over newer players, and to stop the one man army.

We can all se we got Pay for Weapons, Upgrades, and Unballenced Classes with Lone wolf vehicles.
  12. ScorpDK

While I could agree that Sunderers make your job as medic harder (or the spawn rooms), there's still a lot of people who recognize the value of the distance they traveled through enemy territory and they will remain on the ground for you to revive them.

There's probably but one scenario where I always curse.
    A Max unit I'm trying to heal releases... seriously, why would they give up their Max like that? Remain on the ground, there's a medic and engineer right there to bring you back, rearm and repair and you're again killing dudes left and right. Don't waste your resources by respawning as a common soldier again.
  13. somerandom18

lol for one sunderers are pretty weak. They have a 100m deploy radius, no cloak, and really aren't that tough. As a medic with applicator 6 I can revive 3 people in the time it takes a half *** medic to revive one and at full health too. If anything sunderers need some serious buffage.
  14. Corb

Sunderers....XD More often then not they get blown up and you end up running back from the base in YOUR territory unless a medic is around to save you :p