The Plan to Save Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AJay, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roarboar

For some reason you seem to be under the impression the devs are in charge of the company and are responsible for the marketing strategies of this game. Thats a good one.
    • Up x 1
  2. Garantine

I would fully support an idea like this being made reality in the game, as it is, I am thoroughly enjoying this game, however, the utter lack of depth and rewarding objectives is clearly apparent. The game has solid gameplay, good environments, decent balance (imo) and a core of great players that really do a great job of enjoying themselves and making the game fun for others, but it is still an extremely shallow game that, once you've gained your bearings on the cluttered UI and overload of info, seriously lacks any motivation or reward for becoming a better player.

That is the biggest threat to the game imo, not hackers, not balance, not performance, but motivation to become better, motivation for three-way conflict, and motivation to get on and capture the same forgettable bases we captured yesterday.
  3. Marinealver

Maybe bring back sanctuary only in the form of an orbital space station instead of an uncapturable continent. If on a planet or continent then a faction themed city would be nice.
  4. Badgered

This post is made of win.
  5. Advanced Darkness

Uh not to intentionally bring up PS1 again but in your mentioning of doritors and mt. dew billboards..uh..believe it or not...we had something similar in PS1 AND we paid a sub. There were commercials running on the giant screen tvs in the HART station at your factions sanctuary. To this day i still have one of the jingles from one of the many many AXE deoderant commercials in my head......

So yeah they used Axe in the future.
  6. Advanced Darkness

Heh i guess this is what the gaming community is content with. Being given fragments of a game then being promised a whole game in 5yrs. Uh i watched this whole scenario in swtor forums for a year (there was only like 2 months of game to play..) and i'm watching it again but i wont be watching it for very long.

Having this "look to the future" method of game development has burned me out.
  7. Czuuk

We are not lost. We do not need a savior.

kthxbye.
  8. Czuuk

I am allowed to express my opinion in opposition to both yours and/or the original poster. Despite your own rather morbid perspective on the state of affairs or what you read/post here in the forums, PS2 is doing just fine. At least on Waterson where we spend most of our time. Our greatest complaints are that the queues are full for alertz and there's too many TR to shoot.

But that will soon be fixed. In both casez. ;)
  9. gigastar

Did anyone realise that this thread was made in December and that PS2 is in a much better state than it was back then?
  10. MuNrOe

WOW MAN YOU JUST SHOWED THE DEVS HOW TO MAKE PLANETSIDE LOOK LIKE PLANETSIDE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLANETSIDE WHEN PLANETSIDE 2 WAS RELEASED TO BE MORE LIKE PLANETSIDE THE GAME BECAUSE IT WAS THE SEQUEL TO PLANETSIDE. WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS IS MORE PLANETSIDE BECAUSE PLANETSIDE WAS AND STILL IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE IN PLANETSIDE. PLANETSIDE (ORIGINAL PLANETSIDE) VETS HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR THE SEQUEL TO PLANETSIDE SINCE THEY FIRST RELEASED PLANETSIDE 2 HOPEFULLY THE DEVS SEE HOW YOU REPLICATED PLANETSIDE THE WAY PLANETSIDE SHOULD BE REPLICATED AND MAKE IT MORE LIKE PLANETSIDE SO THE PLANETSIDE 1 VETS WHO HAVE ABANDONED THIS WHATEVER THE F GAME THEY WANT TO CALL IT AND START MAKING IT MORE LIKE PLANETSIDE TO MAKE ALLOT OF THE PLANETSIDE 1 VETS RETURN SO THEY CAN PLAY THE PLANETSIDE THEY WANTED IN THE FIRST PLANETSIDE PLACE.

On a side note awesome post man.
    • Up x 1
  11. RadarX

This thread has probably gone about as far as it needs to so we'll go ahead and close it. Thank you for your feedback!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.