The Pink Fairies [PINK]

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by SasoDuck, Aug 15, 2013.

1. SasoDuck

The Pink Fairies is a group of mature PS2 players that dates back to near the beginning of the Planetside 2 Open Beta. While we don't boast the numbers we once had at launch, PINK remains one of the strongest and most respected groups on Connery, with intelligent and dedicated members.

Unlike most outfits, PINK does not follow a structured order of command with a single booming voice issuing commands over platoon chat. Instead, each member of PINK is more than capable of running our squad or platoon and input is taken from every member of the group. Overall decisions are made by whomever is currently running the squad/platoon but ultimately it is a group effort, with everyone offering their input and ideas. A major benefit of this is that once the platoon leader leaves, the squad stays open and continues to operate exactly the same, as opposed to disintegrating once the singular leaders decides to log off and leave the platoon in disarray.

Since PINK is composed of mostly adults, the outfit is largely inactive during that day. Our OfficialPinkOps nights are held every Tuesday from 5pm-12am PST and Friday from 5pm-12am PST (during and after FNO). Although these are our official nights, most of us play every day and there is most likely a PINK Squad up and running on a nightly basis.

We impose little sign-up requirements other than to play regularly when you have the time, and be on our dedicated TeamSpeak server (open 24/7) when you're playing. We offer few tactical announcements over in-game voice, as all communication is done in TeamSpeak, so even if you can't talk please join the server to listen in on our tactics. That being said, having and especially using a microphone is a huge plus.

To join, simply message one of our officers in-game if you see the [PINK] tag and we'll send you an invite. From there, our TeamSpeak info can be found on the outfit message of the day.

Saso
    Pink Fairies Leader / Co-Founder
    • Up x 1
  2. Ultimatestormer

It's always fun to play with PINK. I've been with them for 48 Battle Ranks now, and haven't regretted a single moment.
  3. SasoDuck

Always good to have you Ultima
  4. Ultimatestormer

I would also like to point out we have an official website, there are forums here and if you don't see an officer on at the same time as you, then you can drop your name here. http://pinkfairies.enjin.com/
  5. SasoDuck

Right thanks for that addition. I don't know why these forums don't let you edit your post after ten minutes, so I can't really add it up to the main post. Really annoying.
  6. Ultimatestormer

This thread isn't getting much attention. Bump for great justice.
  7. Malebranche

Just wanted to say a big thank you to ddraig, one of the leaders of PINK, the outfit has grown considerably and is now regularly platoon sized even during off hours which demonstrates the excellent fun that everyone is having. I still remember the Lost Souls open squads that allowed anybody to join in and swelled recruitment considerably because of the fun times, heavy fighting and excellent leadership. PINK is so casual and so laid back that everybody enjoys playing with them.
    • Up x 1
  8. SasoDuck

For clarification, Lost Souls is Ddraig's personal thing, and has nothing to do with PINK. He explicitly does not allow allow recruiting for PINK or any other outfit in those platoons, and only invites new members if they actually ask to join Ddraig's outfit.

Thanks for the words of support though!
  9. ddraig

Yeah, I started the Lost Souls thing because I'd log in when most of my outfit was asleep (I'm in AU, they are west coast US) and running about with 1 or 2 outfit members was not as much fun as running with a platoon. Given that I hate being told what to do, I started running my own squad, and because there was no one else doing it at that time, it would rapidly turn into a platoon.

I did not feel comfortable running it as a Pink platoon when it was just me, so it was my personal platoon. I did not want other outfits recruiting from something I had built up myself, and did not feel it was fair to then go and recruit for *my* outfit in such a platoon, when Pink would have 1 out of 48 people present, plus I felt it would be a nice idea to have an outfit-free zone where people from different outfits could all meet and play on neutral ground, as it were. but, seeing as I was leading this thing every night, people would often ask to join my outfit.

Then Likeboomheadshot joined, started telling people in the pink public platoon who we were, what we are about, hey why don't you join, and we've gone from recruiting 10 people a month to recruiting 100-200 a month (110 in December, 150 already in January so far (20th today) - obviously advertising your outfit in your outfit's public platoons works! Who'd have thought that? [smacks forehead]

What this means is that I now have most of a platoon to play with late at night, and it seems to have killed off the Lost Souls Division - which is a bit sad, but my outfit is a hell of a lot stronger now, so I'm happy. I'm quite proud of the fact that this public platoon won about 95% of it's engagements, had a lot of very senior members from other outfits playing most nights, and was generally a hell of a lot of fun. The end result of this is an overall doubling of the pink membership and an increase in active players of probably 500%, I know most of the outfit leaders on connery and have a 700 person friends list. Eh, not bad.

From the OP:

"The Pink Fairies is a group of mature PS2 players that dates back to near the beginning of the Planetside 2 Open Beta. While we don't boast the numbers we once had at launch, PINK remains one of the strongest and most respected groups on Connery, with intelligent and dedicated members."

Right now we are the biggest we have ever been, thanks to likeboomheadshot's promotional efforts. Yay!

I'll take credit for likeboomheadshot joining, but the massive increase in membership lately is mostly due to him.

find us on connery, we're the guys in the stripy camo and the [PINK] tags, or online here: http://pinkfairies.enjin.com/

tl,dr: obviously you'd be better off on youtube.

[IMG]
  10. ddraig

................................../\.............................

it's a bump, sheesh
  11. Zavatun

A shame you are not on Emerald. My main character Zavatun, at BR 118 is on Emerald.I have just started a VS one on Connery so may look you up if yopu're still active. I'm 61 years old by the way, based in the southwest of New Zealand.