The Phaseshift for a returning player

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by KuroNoKitsune, Jun 12, 2018.

1. KuroNoKitsune

So I haven't played for a good couple years and I know the phaseshift has changed since I last played. When it released I wasn't too keen on it, as the charging mechanic didn't fit my playstyle as I relied on being able to shoot a high damage round on a click, and (I could be wrong, I don't remember for sure) you couldn't charge it whilst cloaked, but I think it worked fairly well as a semi auto sniper.

However I was hoping more experienced players, especially those who use the phaseshift regularly could answer some of my questions.

With the implementation of the ballistic computer (no sway on semi-autos) does this make it less effective than standard semi-autos as far as I know it doesn't have this capability.

Does it have a better bolt action firerate than other snipers?

What's the current range of OHK with it, the wiki says 255m on standard infanty, is this still the case, and does nanoweave (rank 1, 20% resistance to small arms fire) affect headshot damage, if so what does this reduce the OHK range to?

The bolt action mode, according to the wiki, doesn't have bullet drop, does this have any bearing on this weapons range? And does that lack of bullet drop come at a gimped projectile velocity, if so is it worth it, is it made significantly worse with a suppressor?

It also seems to have 10x the vertical recoil of the bolt-actions, does this have a significant impact on re-aligning shots, and is it mitigated at all by the vertical grip?

Thanks for your time.
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

I'll do my best to answer your questions, I've put a decent amount of time into the Phaseshift.

As a strictly semi-auto sniper? I'd say it's a bit less effective than the VS default. The Ballistic Computer, higher velocity and higher ROF make the Spectre a nice package. The Phaseshift's big advantage is that it can switch to OHK mode, giving it big versatility points.

In Bolt Action Mode it fires about as fast as the Daimyo and the new Battle Rifles (~185 RPM) but can only fire two shots that quickly before it overheats. It's faster than the other Bolt Actions but it's not SASR-fast by any means.
    Its greatest benefit is that the heat mechanic when combined with its RPM gives you a greater sustained rate of fire than any other sniper. You can keep a high tempo "shoot n' scoot" up far longer than with any potential.

Last time I checked NW does not protect against headshot damage. Your problems will be with Resist Shield users and Heavy Assault overshields.

Situational, Yes, Yes, and No.
    You can kill any infantry you can see from 0 to Render Distance by clicking on their head twice if they sit still for it. Don't expect them to.
    Velocity is 550, which is worse than the Spectre and tied with the TR and NC SASRs. Within the ranges that you can OHK targets, however, this is easily workable.
    Don't use a suppressor unless you are a clairvoyant that can see into your target's future. 550m/s is workable with a reasonable distance cushion, ~330m/s is not.

I wouldn't recommend using anything but the stock 6x scope for this rifle. The recoil is bad, but it's less noticeable with less magnification. Vertical Grip definitely helps, this is the first attachent you should get.

The Phaseshift can be described as a worse Spectre that can transform into a worse XM98, but with the benefits of the heat mechanic and no bullet drop. I think it's fantastic but your mileage may vary.
  3. Doc Jim

I myself use the Phaseshift together with the 8x scope and the suppressor. While the suppressor causes a ~20% reduction in muzzle velocity, the lack of bullet drop makes the Phaseshift the only 1HK capable sniper with high power scopes. 1HK range with the suppressor is something in the ballpark of 200m.

The elimination of the charge mechanic has made the Phaseshift a very usable weapon, while still remaining the single most sustainable sniper.

Nanoweave has no effect on headshots. But every single character has access to the auxiliary shield by default, those additional 50 shield points can make a difference to your effective range if your enemy sacrifices his explosives.
  4. KuroNoKitsune

Ah right, thanks for answering all my questions Kane, it's been really helpful.