The people who say they are leaving, but why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Jan 30, 2013.

1. JaxsonFive

If anyone is defensive it's you the fanboy defending your precious lil game. And you brought up Jersey Shore, not me. You're pretty dense for someone that's trying to sound intelligent.
  2. Degenatron

"precious lil game" - why the animosity?

Yea, but you are the one who hyper-focused on it to the expense of everything else was said. Try reading that post and replacing "watch Jersey Shore" with "do something mindless", and see if you can come away with the larger meaning.

Thanks for saying I sound intelligent.

Tell me, what's your favorite outdoor activity?
  3. JaxsonFive

I'm not even going to bother with you anymore. I already given you 8 possible reasons why people would be leaving the game but you can't get it through your thick head that it's anything more than "attention span". You know what I think. I think you're projecting. That's gotta be it, because everything you've already said is exactly what I wanted to say to you. But when you get called out on something you a) divert it to Jersey Show (you brought it up not me) or TDU2 (again you brought it up not me). You've even tried sharing your weak experience with being an admin to some lil crap game that provides no support to your argument.

Son, you are off in lala land if you think you've offered anything to this debate. You've come here to defend the game. That makes you a fanboy. And that's OK! You're entitled to being a fan of the game. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings. I'm putting things into perspective which you lack.

So yeah. Care to respond some more? Tell us how much you like the game and how it tickles you pink, I'm sure you haven't told enough people yet.
  4. chilly154

no one is being a zealous here.
  5. JaxsonFive

Degenatron believes that the game can't do no wrong and the reason people are leaving is because, and I'm paraphrasing "they lack the attention span." Pfft. I called him out on how flawed his logic is and he doesn't even know what he's arguing anymore. He's running in circles.
  6. Blackoth

I must be crazy or something. I absolutely love this game. I get enjoyable playtime every time i play. Granted nobody likes to be on the bad end of a large push but its exciting to be in a crazy battle but sombody has to lose. yea the game is far from perfect but its also multiple times better then any other shooter with multiplyer out there. and at least the devs have somewhat of a plan laid out for us for an ever evolving game.

People gotta learn to calm down and have fun within the current mechanics. Im sure there are some players from the world wide interweb that cant wrap their heads around the fact that this game is a continuous battle with no actual "winning condition" you log in, fight, and log out. the battle will be here when u come back. some people cant handle that and resort to calling it a "grind" i didnt know having fun was considered a grind.
    • Up x 1
  7. Degenatron

I addressed each of your 8 reasons, which you promptly ignored.
    You degenerated into name calling, which I did not.
    You fixated on an off-handed remark instead of talking about the subject at hand (which again you've dodged).
    I used the specific example of another open world game in which players are expected to set their own goals to help people understand how people could derive extended enjoyment without hand-holding from the devs.
    When I try to get you to elaborate in any meaningful way, you dodge.
    And finally, most importantly, you seem to take my comment about short attention spans personally, like it was aimed directly at you. It wasn't.

Boy, if you dislike the game so much, then why are you here? You come onto a video games forum hunt "fanbois" like you got a chip on your shoulder. No one needs that here. If you don't like the game, then go hang out on the forum of a game you DO like. I don't mind constructive criticism, in fact I encourage it and chime in with it, but that's not what you're doing here. You're just bad-mouthing. Trolling. You're contributing nothing. You don't like the game and that's OK! You're entitled to your opinion. I don't lack perspective, I lack YOUR perspective. From where I'm sitting, Planetside is rich game with plenty to offer and years of enjoyment ahead. You call that fanboi, fine, I'm ok with that. I'd don't need to be a cynical, angsty, edgy, or whatever it is you think you are.

"Surfing?! Talk about a lack of depth. You just paddle out and ride back in over and over. Jeez, how boring. How could you do that for more than 2 weeks?" I hope that illustrates how ignorant that line of thinking sounds.
  8. JaxsonFive

Every game has some what of a grind. It's the good games that make it less noticeable. The game has its high moments such as beautiful scenery and atmosphere. There's no doubt about the quality there. However the problem is the overall quality. Some feel it was released too early. There are graphical glitches, exploits, and hackers to deal with. There's really no metagame. Things that you can buy are getting nerfed and I personal hate when things get nerfed because it shows a lack of confidence in their decisions in the first place. Either that or they just forced it through showing negligence.

The gaming industry is a saturated industry. There's 50+ games coming out a month almost and only a few of them are block busters. Some of them are niche. There's too many choices to choose from to sit and linger like one person is suggesting which is dumb.

The game isn't all that bad, no but it isn't all that great either and that's what people who love this game have a hard time understanding. I've yet to recommend this game to anyone I know and don't plan on it until they create purpose in the game.
  9. Degenatron

First, double negative. It's "Can do no wrong".

Second, care to eat those words?: [Suggestion] How I would fix Planetside 2. (By Degenatron)

Third, I know exactly what I'm talking about, you're just having a hard time keeping up.
    • Up x 1
  10. CaptainRobust

Honestly, compared to its predecessor, Planetside 2 is a shallow Battlefield experience. That's why I find it difficult to enjoy, since I know it can be so much more. The roadmap as is just makes me scratch my head.

I still come back every few months to have a look, but I see a lot of the same issues that were there in beta and other things that have simply gotten worse.
  11. JaxsonFive

"The reason people leave is because they have short attention spans."

I've been attacking that argument this whole time. I showed you that there are AT LEAST 8 other possible reasons why people could be leaving.

You've already said the game isn't 100% fun and it's not for everyone. So these are reasons why people could be leaving. Which completely contradicts your original claim that the reason is again " because they have short attention spans."

Argument over. You lost. Give it up. Take a verbal poop else where. Go drink that coffee to make it so you're more attentive.
    • Up x 1
  12. Leroy Jenkens

The current state of the game is bitter and lack of depth turns out vets in as little as 10 days.
    • Up x 1
  13. Buntfunk

Your only argument is "short attention span" which to any thinking person makes clear how little you are to be taken seriously. It is ok to be a fanboy. It is not ok to make a dumb statement and then get all defensive when no one in their right mind agrees with you.
    • Up x 1
  14. JaxsonFive

Thank you!
  15. JaxsonFive

Oh how cute he's now resorting to being a grammar ****. Yeah...this debate is over. Was over a long time ago.
  16. ArcMinuteLight

The reason people are leaving is that this game does three things wrong:
    1. It claims to have depth, but it hardly has any, which brings the thought (Why am I even playing this instead of another depthless game? CoD.)
    2. It has too much of a grindfest but too little of a learning curve. (Lets just play Counterstrike.)
    3. This game is really not polished and its not living up to expectations. (Its basically Battlefield 3! Only... unfinished.)
  17. Moxin

I left already.

Just waiting for new patch to test it and rejoin. :D
  18. Degenatron

It's not 100% fun...so people with short attention spans leave...making it not for everyone. I stand by my original assessment. If you can't find something fun to do in this game, then it's because you lack the attention span needed to find it.

And then you said "Degenatron thinks this game [can] do no wrong" and then I posted a link specificly named "How I would Fix Planetside" that I wrote almost a month ago. SLAM! In your FACE! YOU LOST! Sit down chump.

See, I can play that game too. So, is that the level of discourse you're looking for? Or are we gonna speak like men?
  19. BuckStrider

I'm sorry, but I must say that I unsubbed my premium account today after 2 months

Reasons:
    1) Boring....Sorry, but doing the same thing, on the same maps over and over and over and over and over and over with no 'real' advantage or rewards for taking control of a base, let alone the continent.

2)Balance.... I don't think I really need to say alot about this.

3)Hackers.... Yes, I know that most every game has them, some more than others. I guess I got pissed off for the last time when some Vanu heavy assault kept killing me from 600m away with a LMG that never missed.
  20. Miuku

As do I - I still have the game installed, I keep it up to date but I rarely ever actually login. I just look at the forums, twitter and roadmap and it just.. fills me with despair.

The longer I don't play the game, the harder it gets to get back into it because of the inevitability of facing cert hoarding super soldiers and just login to get annihilated no matter how decent an fps player I am.
    • Up x 1