The people who say they are leaving, but why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dubious

I run the game on high with my "cheap" setup..
  2. Duff_Chimp

Surely for every one that leaves another stays. I wish more people will leave.

I just hope it's the dimwits that rocket me in the back, crash into my mossy, box my tank in and any number of ******** things that people do in this game, that are the ones leaving. Add engineers that don't put ammo down when asked, medics that don't heal and rez you into the path of a rocket or shell. Friendlies that just shoot you for no apparent reason, pilots that use A2A exclusively that's right no nosegun.

Finally the absolute scum of the earth bigshot sniper that snipes you repairing a vehicle in safe territory, making you have to respawn and then get all the way back to your vehicle which is in perfect health.
  3. Syphers

The game has it's flaws but it's a good game, they mostly need to fix the render distance asap
  4. Hot Kinky Jo

I see this game as Turn based meets FPS meets MMO, and it is lacking reason to commit time to.

I have only played this game for a few days and i have a level 16 at the moment, i am finding my self wanting more for the time i am putting in, after 3 Days the game is becoming repetitive.

So i take a look at spending some $$$ and getting 10,000 SC to upgrade guns etc..
    Most MMO's or server based games work out about $70-$130 per year to play thats fair enough its called business.
    So i do my math i would only need $50-$100 to unlock what i need not so bad..
    Then i find out its per character, and you can only have characters on one server without creating additional accounts.. HELLO!!!

There realy is no reason to fight for territory apart from to just fight to kill others..
    There is no guild system.
    There is no trading.
    There is no Crafting "Gunsmithing, Aircraft and vehicle parts and infantry shields etc.."
    There are no quests or Co Op challenges.
    Vehicles or aircraft that require cooperative play by 2 or more team members.
    There is no LOSS in the game...

Im not saying i am going to delete the game it has great potential, but lets face it you fire up the game jump in and its no different then CS, DODS, COD Battlefield etc, its always one side pushing the other back and fourth and the maps are stitched together.

My 20c worth..
    • Up x 2
  5. Hot Kinky Jo

And i want my own avatar on this forum... :mad:
  6. Jex =TE=

Not only that but the things you buy in certs aren't explained enough, what exactly is the difference between the adrenaline shield and the resist shield - wanna know? Don't rely on the game to tell you. Upgrades are confusing and leave you wondering if you just wasted a few hundred certs and on things like different vehicle frames - you want to know exactly how much more you get for your money. What about the scopes? Which one do you buy, all of them until you find the one you like?
  7. Calaerin

Considering your name is Hot Kinky Jo I'm not too sure I would want to see that... o_O
    • Up x 1
  8. Jex =TE=

After only 3 days?
  9. Monnor

They want you to know they exist, but nobody cares.
  10. Hot Kinky Jo

Dont get me wrong im used to farming in MMO's, I dont have a problem with it.
    I just hope SOE realises how much potential this game has and expands the game to its full potential and beyond..
  11. Jex =TE=

This is a FPS with rewards bolted on - if you're only farming then I think you need to go sit down and have a think about the reason you play games. When you work out it's for fun, come back and ignore the BS certs and just get on with it. Then maybe after a few weeks you can come back and say, "Well it was pretty good but it all got a little samey and there were only a few places where any good battles took place and as for Emerish and Asamir (see what I did there? ;)) well lolz... I went there once i think...
  12. chilly154

I know that, it just that I forgot to put in my post. Ya but modding community is dieing, more and more games are not allowing there games to be modded. Look what happen to total war. I just hope the pc market does not become a xbox360 market where they charge games for 60 dollars for games, and charge you 10 or 15 dollar for DLC.
  13. chilly154

It's going to be a long time before they fix the rendering. That's what I heard.
  14. Paincov3

1. Known, game changing, bugs
    2. Standard FPS controls missing (e.g. hotkey to switch to previous weapon)
    3. Breaking functionality for balance
    4. Server population (can't move character)
    5. MetaGame

I'm not leaving the game, my friends and I just aren't playing. We will hop back in to check out a patch or for 2x XP but the fun is outweighed by the frustration. The reason people are so upset about this game is that we all see the huge potential. I just think that there aren't resources to bring the potential out. The dev team is having to focus on generating revenue first when improving the game. Fixing bugs, merging servers, improving UI, removing cheaters, etc. does not make SOE money while introducing a new gun does.

This game is using a different model than most are used to. SOE is using the Free-to-play model that is better suited for small nimble companies without SOE's old business models and overhead. They released a beta and will likely not be to the old standard of a release candidate for over a year. Over the next 6 months, I'm sure I'll spend more time in forums than playing seeing how the game is progressing.

My guess is that in a year, this game will be pretty solid.
    • Up x 1
  15. OSUSentinel

haha awesome
  16. OSUSentinel

there are always people who dont like something for one reason or another especially right at the beginning of a release. Its going to take time to hammer out something things especially something so delicate as player driven content, what works and what dosnt. People are impatient and dont see the process.
  17. TheUprising

This, the game was released after too little testing, and whoever thought it was good to make bases look like swiss cheese, making infantry, the most popular role, completely useless every where other than bio labs should get fired if he thought it was a good idea. I mean this may sound harsh but if you were the head of a business, you would do the same thing, you've simply got the WRONG person in charge of base design.

Sorry if the person in charge of amp stations and such actually thought a lot more defense could go into the bases, but the state at which they were released was unacceptable.
  18. Degenatron

The reason people leave is because they have short attention spans. A vast majority of the people inhabiting first world countries these days have no concept of dedication, patience, or vision. This game isn't finished yet. That's obvious. It will likely NEVER be finished, and that's a GOOD thing most people can't understand.

But because it's not a a certain level some people set in their head, and it's not going to be at that level "RIGHT F***ING NOW!", then A.D.D. crowd washes out.

I say, "Good riddance."
    • Up x 1
  19. Crashsplash

You all sound like 'bitter vets'.
  20. JaxsonFive

And stayers gonna...stay?
    • Up x 1