The OP VS tanks?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zealluck, Dec 13, 2012.

1. zealluck

It's really hard to say that VS tanks are better, because they are so much slower and have fixed main gun. But it's safe to conclude that with the ability to move horizontally, they are the easiest to control. Therefore VS player tend to use their tanks more, while TR players finding it difficult to master their tank driving skill. TR's tank force are often overwhelmed by large number of VS tanks, leaving infantry with no protection from high explosive rounds.
    The superior maneuverability of the tank also allowed VS to find some more comfortable positions to fire their shots on infantry.
  2. zealluck

so basically, TR and NC tanks might be better in capable hands, while VS tanks are something that can be easily operated by beginners.
  3. Kroktar

Who wouldnt use tanks that can climb mountains.
  4. Luft

5. MilitiaMan

VS tank is a learning curve that is it.

Against the VG they are deadly with that booster and the ability to turn quick they can get a lethal shot into your engine easier.

Learning to counter that ability in a VG takes time and how well you know your VG.

Playing the Prowler I don't have this issue as much because it accelerates way faster then the VG.

Mag is fun but I just can get around the cannon and how weird it feels to me, weirder then the PS1 Mag imo. I personally love gunning for them though when they have that Lancer gun on top that charges for a sec then basically instantly hits the target. That is a fun gun to play with!
  6. overk1ll

Shut up and get better, perhaps?

Honestly, I don't think it has to do with numbers at all, it is tied to movement like you a say. I pilot Magriders all the time, and my main tactic is to maneuver behind a tank and to get more damage; however, I have seen experienced tank drivers from both factions combat this but turning the bottom portion, and this tactic is near impossible to pull off against a pack of armor.

The first time I tried a VS tank, I sucked hard at it (it was in beta); it took me a while to learn how to maneuver it.
  7. MexelVanMexelen

Ha! You should have seen the 50 tanks the TR pushed up from Excavation to Quartz earlier on Miller. It was quite a sight! And some real good desert tank warfare to boot. When PS2 is good like that, no other game can touch it.

Oh, and quit with the whining. The 3 factions are not just re-skins of each other. Like our tank? Roll Vanu. Don't like it? Learn to beat it. Slow, poor vision, light armour.
  8. HadesR

^ That TBH
    I think what makes them seem OP is their versatility in the field .. Coupled with their 4 directional movement ... BUT put tracks or wheel's on them and they would be no stronger than any other MBT ...
  9. Bill Hicks

time for a nerf
  10. bPostal

They're a pain in the *** to hit at long range distances with anything besides a SKEP, I'll give you that but I'm not ready to cry OP until the put water and bridge battles in the game :D