The ONLY thing TR won was the popular vote

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheUprising, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Haya jii san

I got drawn down to their level ... I'm sorry, i might be pro (~Vanu) but i'm still human <3
  2. Natty Boh

It's a little confusing. When I looked at the scoreboard I thought the same thing. "How did the TR win if they seem to have very few victories?"
    Then I noticed the note above the picture:
    "In addition to the live event, the player community was able to participate in three online challenges. Here's the scorecard from the three challenges:"

From reading the article, this is what I'm thinking happened.
    For the Main Event, everyone was able to watch the stream of the battle between the three official teams. People watching this battle were able to vote on who they thought were winning. The winner of the main event according to the voting by the spectators was the TR.

The scoreboard that everyone is mistaking as the scoreboard for the main event, is in reality, just a side event. An event that I'm guessing not a lot of people even knew was taking place. (I played all last night on Waterson and had absolutely no idea that I was taking part in an event)

So what they're saying is:

1. The "Main Event" played by the official teams was won by TR. - [Yes, this still may have been a popularity contest, but more spectators thought the TR won that online event]

2. The side competition battles that were apparently going on at the same time between regular players on each of the servers was won by the other factions.

The way they present the results is very confusing, but that's what I'm getting from it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thorvaldr

Exactly, because as the world knows, ALL wars are won by popular vote........right?
  4. Highduke

God... If TB in his next video he won the event through skill and teamwork im going to fracking flip a ****.
  5. pulse

What's the point of an event that features the amazing battle of 3 empires and shows a big fighting showndown, brought on a live (or not so live) stream that is not decided by the outcome of the actual event.

If you wanna make a popularity vote, why not make a poll on the website? It's a even a lot cheaper!

And i mean that TB guy.... did anyone watch him play on the stream? Such a joke.
    Even the NCs had more global wins then the TR...

As a european who stayed up late to see this **** i really feel robbed of 3 hours of my life.
    It felt like watching elections in Russia. ^^

<3 pulse
    • Up x 1
  6. Stark2081

I would rather they spent the time and money on fixing all the bugs, especially the ones floating around since beta. The least they could have done was have a legitimate competition.
  7. Goden

Why did they not just have the vote at the start and just skip the rest of the BS?

If the entire showdown was decided by a stupid vote then why did they bother with the actual gameplay?

The scoreboard-vs-winner shows that the gameplay was meaningless.
    • Up x 1
  8. Imnuktam

So when you add up the scorecard tr won 7 events overall, nc had 9 and Vanu won over 20 and the tr somehow won?

Was this all just decided by people that showed up to the event to play live? Or is it just more tr propaganda designed to make sure they have 50% population on every server?
  9. Jestunhi

No, the first thread on this topic cleared it up.

The other dozen or so just spammed the forums.

TL;DR of OP: competition was democratically decided (voted upon) and the OPs faction didn't win, therefore OP is unhappy.
  10. Uben Qui

If the TR guy was a stand up guy he would have declined the trophy. He seen the numbers and the way VS dominated that event. If he was a fair minded person he would not have stood for this. Shame on him for turning a blind eye.

Smedley was the guy that tweeted about Lance Armstrong right? Calling him names if I remember correctly. You know what is worse than a guy doping in a bike race? A fixed bike race with a predetermined winner. :(
    • Up x 3
  11. Imnuktam

He should be unhappy. I personally didnt care and didnt really participate, and am pretty glad I didnt seeing the results.

Why does a competition that can be quantified by how many victory points were achieved by a side need to be "voted on" to decide who wins?

Just add up all the winners of each challenge. Main thing that would throw this off is population imbalance but it looks to me like Vs had the most victories across the board and they are almost always the lowest pop on the server.

All this proves is that the majority of people out there favor TR, but we already knew that by the server populations and the fact that EVERY SINGLE real life friend I have has called themselves tr since ps1. Tr has the best propaganda and ironically the color red which is what drew most people I know there. The reason most avoided vs that I know is they dont like their weapons and the PEW PEW sound effects. Gotta admit, i do love the sound of my nc's acx-11 or whatever my La/eng has.
  12. Sian

So this was really a popularity contest between the three leaders on who could bring in the most facebook/twitter clicks.

GG TR congrats on your princess prize, but everyone knows who dominated the gameplay events.
  13. TheUprising

down with democracy, only our Vanu Overlords know the just path of action!
  14. Eric Smith

On Mattherson the TR didn't even really try to join the competition. While the VS were taking all the competition victories on Amerish the TR were busy taking Indar (which we still hold the benefit for) and Esamir.
  15. Daioh

how true is this post i wonder....