The NSO DEFECTOR

Discussion in 'MAX' started by lamsai, Jul 3, 2021.

1. lamsai

seeing alot of post saying how bad they are,i like them myself, i harry tanks/sunders and aircraft all the time. it got so bad 3 tanks surrounded me on an steep hill.i kept them busy for 20 minutes till they jumped out thier tanks and rushed me.for the love of vanu give me an an anti infantry weapon. hell i will take an pistal type weapon
  2. VV4LL3

It's because they can be melee'd to death very easily, have poor movement, and their weapons are terribly niche and weak.

Weapons:
    The hummingbird has a very short range, does very little damage, has very slow movement, has poor and ineffective pathing.
    Basically you can outrun the drones in a Galaxy. They have little to no effect.

Detonator is artillery that has a short range. You have to look up/ at a 45 deg incline wher eyou then lose sight of the target. The projectiles travel very slow, so it makes dodging them easily.

Granade printer, probably still the most useful, but has slow projectile speed and easily to dodge. Light infantry just fly... drop c4, go boom... If the enemy gets within melee range, you damage yourself more than they do

Melee -- Used to be the single best highlight with the defector... now there's a 2 second melee cool down to melee someone. Horrible nerf.

Let's talk abilities:

seraph shield -- IT TAKES FRIENDLY FIRE! It's not big enough in most cases and your own team smoke you on a push. The damage mitigation does not compensate for the increased hit box, so you take more damage, so it's pointless for the most part unless running with 2-3 other people.

self destruct -- one of the biggest jokes and wastes of nanites. You literally waste 350 nanites to die and do the same damage as a grenade. The blast radius and damage is exactly the same as a grenade. Furthermore, if you are revived, the ability remains on a 2 minute 15 second cool down!!!!

Self repair -- probably the most useful, but nothing close on par to any other MAX ability. Has a massive cooldown, has little self heal bonus. Would rather take a TR or NC MACX ability any day.
    • Up x 2