The NS-7 is not a SMG. It is a Carbine for Infiltrators.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Phrygen

NS-7 is a Carbine for infiltrators. Just saying....

Discuss.
    • Up x 1
  2. CrashB111

I was amazed at how well it hip fires even with extended mag and not a laser sight myself.
  3. RomulusX

I'm torn. Everyone knows it's released OP so no one is buying it in masses bc they are expecting a nerf. But if not a ton of people buy it then it will not meet its quota and get nerfed....which means it will stay OP for a longgg time...which means I want it! such a sick cycle!
    • Up x 2
  4. Phrygen

Well, a lynx or jaguar can hipfire just as well i believe. Still the other smg's will hipfire better.

The point however... is that the NS-7 can get a commentator and a grip with a reflex scope... and its a 125 damage carbine. I'm not against it.. but its a carbine for infiltrators.
  5. Bearcat

1. Release OP weapon
    2. Profit
    3. Nerf

;)
    • Up x 2
  6. lilleAllan

Is it really that OP?
    The damage output is bad and the mag is small.

How does it compare to the auto scout rifles? Those things only cost 250 certs and are basically carbines for infiltrators.
  7. Messaiga

Pretty sure the NS-7 is not OP. ;)
    • Up x 5
  8. Bearcat

I haven't tried it yet - I was just being snarky since my caffein level is low. Still, I would be surprised if it didn't end up being slightly overpowered. I've been bitten too much with post-purchase, no refund, nerfs. Now I avoid brand new PS2 weapons just like I avoid any x.0 Microsoft products.
  9. MrIDoK

It's really not overpowered for once... it's kinda sorta like a jaguar, but worse in almost every way.

For infil it's a solid choice if you want more range and you aren't NC (because the Cyclone is better), but otherwise just stick to the ES SMGs and you'll be fine.
  10. Blarg20011

It's not OP, but it is weird, really weird. Not sure if am comfortable with its existence.
  11. PieBringer

Like the Jaguar you say? This abomination must be nerfed into oblivion.
  12. Makwa

The NS-7 is like the strip club of SMG's. It looks right, feels good, takes your money, but doesnt quite get you there.
    • Up x 9
  13. Serell

It doesn't feel all too effective for Infiltrators, but I sorta liked it with my Light Assault. Though I haven't really played with any other SMG, and 30 min trials really isn't enough time to get a good feel for a weapon.
  14. Phrygen

i'm not saying NS-7 is OP.... I'm saying its a 125 carbine.
    • Up x 1
  15. Xhaleon

People need to use the auto scout rifles more.

Somewhat gimped assault rifle > gimped carbine.
  16. Imposer

I like how accurate it's hipfire is with the adv laser. The reticles are almost touching. That along with it's insane recovery rate means you can Burst fire from the hip at ranges you'd normally need to ADS.
  17. Imposer

I like how accurate it's hipfire is with the adv laser. The reticles are almost touching. That along with it's insane recovery rate means you can Burst fire from the hip at ranges you'd normally need to ADS.
  18. Benton!

Foregrip on it and I can have a better range than a carbine.

Kinda sad :(
  19. ColdCheezePizza

yeah I noticed that last night while watching ItzMurda and TwF go at it on Twitch for the Auraxium challenge. Murda had the adv laser and was shredding people from the hip at 2x ads ranges. TwF on the other hand had a pure stock ns smg because of some lame bug on the gold version and he actually was forced to ads to land those same shots the adv laser was landing with ease and many times the split difference it takes to ads and aim made the difference of life or death. IMO the ability to suddenly decloak and start hip shooting instantly from carbine ranges and be that pinpoint with carbine like damage dropoff might be a lil op, non HA need that split second to react sometimes.

But on paper its basically a crappy cqc smg mated with an equally crappy carbine at range.
    • Up x 1
  20. YoloXXSwag420

Gotta say I'm liking it. For me it just seems to be performing well on all fronts. Maybe it is outclassed in some ways by other guns at various things, but for me it just feels good.