The next hurdle for PS2 is named BF4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Jun 14, 2013.

1. UberBonisseur

So, yeah.
    We've got an elephant in the room here.

If you've watched the E3 demo of BF4, you might have been pleasantly surprised, and by this I mean not a single tomato or rotten egg was thrown at DICE that day.

Yes, BF4 is effectively trying to be the REAL sequel to Battlefield 2; not only in the form of Commander mode, but a drastic regression of the arcadey/fastpaced gimmicks BF3 introduced.

Remember, BF3 was a major disappointment that turned many people I know in search of an alternative, and the announcement of PS2 was nothing short of a miracle. The reality turned to be sour, and if anything PS2 has the credit of creating the Gonzo-shooter genre.

Now that BF4 is catching up on the level of a 8 year old title, will PS2 be able to step up to a 10 year old one ?
    • Up x 2
  2. Hicksimus

If BF4 is a true Battlefield game and Planetside 2 becomes a true Planetside game then Vanu help my wallet!
    • Up x 29
  3. ChaosX5

I wish I could get excited for BF4... and it looks like it does what I wish BF3 did... If PS2 didn't exist I'd be def excited for BF4 mostly in hopes for a 2143 expansion but PS2 exists and has brought my gaming standards way too high.. I mean... STILL just 64 players?!? Filthy casuals...
    • Up x 29
  4. Lord Robert

Will it have huge combined arms battles with hundreds of players fighting over one objective?
    Will it have a continuous fluid war?
    (Honest question, cause thats what I'm here for)
    This game needs competition for sure, but I've had enough 32 vs 32 maps to last me a while
    • Up x 13
  5. Bill Hicks

BF3 was actually good. It just had stupid amount of HDR lightning, EA refusing to fix exploits and balance issues, Origin, constant crashing, and DLC weapons being OP.
    • Up x 7
  6. smokemaker

Its basically BF 3 redone for the PC this time vs. for the PS3.

Sniper scope glare will be included.

I will pass on it.

Especially the vehicle stealing... get out to repair vehicle and some *** jumps in and drives it off...

no thanks
  7. S1eB

I don't think PS2 has anything to worry about when it comes to BF4.
    They are two totally different games, I don't see anyone leaving PS2 for BF4 anyway.
    • Up x 4
  8. Nocturnal7x

BF4 is not going to be competing with this game. Completely different crowds, BF is more of a console game these days, BF4 is much smaller scale.

Maybe a few will go for a month, but BF4 will be done by then for most people and they will come back. I doubt it will even be noticeable pop wise.

Different games catering to different crowds.
    • Up x 1
  9. Phrygen

if it doesn't have 64v64...

mheh
  10. ABATTLEDONKEY

Dont forget the near COD size maps, complete lack of vehicle dynamics, the BS "teamwork" requirements and all of those things. The things you described are pennies on the dollar of the true disappointment that was BF3. BF3 was just a joke of its former glory, and no amount of stability, client programs, seamless gameplay, or balanced DLC could change that. the game was a fundamental disappointment beyond anything else for any true BF vet (no that does not include BF2 which was also a disappointment)
  11. Rogueghost

BF4 isn't going to be any serious competition for ps2, starwars battlefront 3 on the other hand....
    • Up x 7
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

IF (and thats a big if) BF4 is ANYTHING like BF2, then good for EA. Assuming its a carbon copy of BF2 (which lots and lots of people wanted) I would still wait to purchase it just because EA is notorious for DLC programs.

Also, BF3 looked badass when it was first introduced. The dev team, and executive types fed us more BS than a manure facility. I was STOKED about BF3 when it launched due to all of the blatant lies, and deceiving promises that EA fed us. I dont trust a word that EA says and wouldnt even consider BF4 until its a proven game post release.

There is a reason EA was listed as the worlds most hated company by forbes (oh the power of the nerds lol)
    • Up x 8
  13. Loco

I played BF2 ... for 20 minutes. Until people started jumping/laying down so I was trying to shoot a bouncing head silhouette. Then I put c4 on hood of hummer and run it into base get out as it rolls in and detonate killing 5, get booted from server due to "cheating". Yea, that was the first and last day I played BF2.
  14. Macchus

i was just thinking that we are in the mess we are in with the current state of the game , because of bf3 and bo2 mainly .. SOE just had to realease within that same window... so lets hope they dont rush out some amzing content that will be riddled with bugs just so it can compete directly with bf4 and CoD ghosts!!
  15. Macchus

everyone is talking about bf3 ... bf2 is an older game but overall better game in many respects .. either way if you played for 20 minutes got booted and didnt try another server , what do you think you can possibly contribute to this discussion ?
    • Up x 3
  16. Hospitaller_Sarpton

WAT BF4 announced?!!! All of my meh.
  17. Macchus

i mean the maps werent quite as laege as previous bf seies games , but i never got how people can compare them to CoD maps at all ... i mean even the CQ dlc for bf3 the maps are larger than CoD maps .. it actually makes people seem foolish when they compare bf3 maps to the tiny maps that CoD features , and really its not even that all the maps are super small in CoD they are just small for the amount of clutter cars walls etc. that close the map off .

i do think however that the maps in mw3 were a little on the extreme side of simplicity ...
  18. Haterade

2.5/10

BF4 and Planetside 2 are two completely different games.
    • Up x 2
  19. Purg

PS2 has spoiled me for 32v32. Bought the map pack DLC before I even touched PS2. Played about 10 minutes of Aftermath and End Game. Used to think that the battlefield was busy then realised that it wasn't.

Maybe I'll buy it when it's on special down the track or maybe my impulses will kick in nearer to release and I'll get it on a whim. Not excited or interested by it at the moment. Graphically, looks superb. Love the destruction. Enjoy the gun play. Dislike the scale.
    • Up x 1
  20. IamDH

idk why everyone hates BF3 tbh
    • Up x 4