The next best Primary Vanu HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by JesseJet, Aug 3, 2015.

1. JesseJet

So i've been out of planetside 2 and recently came back. Ive read that the Orion got nerfed recently is this true?
    If so i was wondering what would be the next best primary for HA any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

FOR VANU!
  2. AlterEgo

That would be either the LSW, Flare, or Polaris.

But don't worry, whichever is the new best weapon we have may get nerfed...
  3. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's slated to get nerfed because it's overperforming whined about non stop by people that can't track someone moving a very small amount more than every other LMG along with the SVA-88 and balancegoose.

The Pulsar is getting buffed to be finally useful and the Polaris will be a bit better.
    • Up x 2
  4. Mongychops

The possibility of LMG changes (including nerfs to Orion, BG, and SVA-88) were first mentioned in May AFAIK, then in late June there were some suggested changes posted on this forum

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/lmg-tuning.228248/

Since then, there haven't been any updates on LMG updates. There is speculation that the delay is not just due to caution, but due to waiting for art assets to be ready (so there is some actual design diversity), or to await balance feedback from the PS4 version. Basically, the balance update isn't coming next week, probably isn't coming this month, and since every LMG seems to be getting a tweak, we won't know which will be the best-all-arounder until the finalised patch notes go up.
  5. Keldred

people may call this a nerf but it is in no way one. they are removing the .75 ads but are making the Orion's recoil/COF stats match the MSWR(TR equivalent to the Orion), and tightening the hip fire even further. So in essence the Orion is getting a huge accuracy buff. I currently run the MSW-R on my TR alt and it is far superior in accuracy to the Orion. The next best LMG for Vanu will be this new Orion. As a side not my Betelgeuse is going to be a head hunter with unlimited ammo. I'm ready for the tears.
    • Up x 1
  6. UberNoob1337101

Orion is getting counter-balanced, meaning that even though it's getting 0.75 ADS removed, it gets better accuracy, which just makes it an even better weapon. Except for NS-15M or Polaris, you aren't really going to use any other gun unless you are going to get the Battlejuice.
  7. Plastikfrosch

orion/betelgeuse will still be the best CQC-lmgs for vanu. SVA will be better at ranges than the Pulsar LSW (i never understood why it was hated its a good weapon but it got outperformed by the SVA so it was nearly never used) but the Pulsar will get extended mag which will make it a better option for bigger fights with shoter ranges (biolabs/towers/ampstations). Polaris was always a high acuracy gun but it got spa instead of hva which always felt wierd but its a good mid to longrange weapon also the flare.
  8. NCstandsforNukaCola

Orion will still be the most favored LMG even after PTS notes hit live.
    Think about why MSW-R is considered the best LMG in TR. Mobile, moderate recoil(with grip), good CoF, fast reload, and high firepower.
  9. asmodraxus

Orion may be getting equal cof to the MSW but not the SPA, which pushes the 3 head shot range out by 5m (from 15m to 20m), so its already going to be a sub par copy unless it gets something extra.

As to superior hip fire accuracy, lol does anyone actually hip fire LMG's and get kills consistently?

Yes the Orion will still be used, its just that after the nerf, the VS can more then happily claim to still kill TR/NC whiners with the worst CQC LMG.
  10. Ryme Intrinseca

Could be a long wait, some LMGs like the TMG-50 haven't even been released on PS4 yet.
  11. Ryme Intrinseca

MSW-R with SPA and ALS is a hipfire murder machine.
  12. Kulso

So many things wrong with this post. If they're essentially making it a "better weapon" then what's the point of removing .75 ADS and making it more accurate to begin with?
  13. UberNoob1337101

Too many people think and say "75% ADS OP HURR DURR!!!" but it's not that big of a deal, hence it's getting it removed and getting such a buff because people pretend it's huge, but it isn't nearly as big as people make it out to be and shouldn't be removed in the first place. Shield slows you down to a crawl even with 75% ADS but they're making it more deadly by improving it's head-shot abilities and overall accuracy at mid-range.
    • Up x 1
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

Actually, my outfits sources at SOE DBG have said that the LMG changes aren't going through now, so happy 0.75 ADS VS. :D
  15. WarmasterRaptor

There shouldn't be a "best primary" when everything is supposed to be sidegrades. Same goes for "worse/useless" weapons.

Imo, this is a flawed thinking that reveal guns in a faction's arsenal aren't properly balanced between each other, whatever faction it is.

There should be guns that fits a playstyle or a situation, not be the best at everything.
  16. Mikey Two Guns

Ok, I'll bite...

Would you be willing to share the name of your outfit member(s) who told you this? And the name or alias of the source at DBG?