The new user/player experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkQuark, Mar 7, 2021.

1. FLHuk

Silly things that are just silly for no silly reason.

Top guns, name the bloody things with their primary role.... Kobalt (AI), Walker (AA).

Sick to death of talking on voice to people who refuse to use voice. That shooting a Lib 87miles away with Kobalt is not doing my 50yr old blood pressure any damn good at all!

----
    While we're at it, if it hasn't seen us and we can't kill it stop shooting at it. You'll just make it angry and tell it where a snack is.

----
    While we're at it, tell the poor sods another "sniper" in a sea of 87,000 "snipers" isn't helping anyone :D
    • Up x 2
  2. DarkQuark

Of course this scenario is best played from a cloaked Sundy :p

But as to the topic of the thread this is one of a million things that new peeps don't understand. I guess the only way for them to learn such nuances is to be told. Maybe communication with new players is key and that should always be encouraged.
    • Up x 1
  3. Balinor

For me the new player experience is way ot dated, especially considering the new features added with no explanation of them. I read a comment or two about this being a group play and solo players need not apply? I am sorry but that is just defending c'#p of a dying game!! by players that have their rosy tinted specs on. ALL MMO's are a balance of group play and solo play PERIOD!! one without the other is a game so lop sided it wont do anything but crash and burn.
    I have never played in groups in this game and played solo, I just adapted to my playstyle and worked with what was available to me. Unfortunately when i quit this game several years ago, usually due to the low pop and zerg times incompatable with my life, it was still in a good soloable state, usually through expert markmanship or suppot roles but now I have returned it seems the devs dont know what class balance is!! and that combined with no solo play with outfits its just somehow in a worse state than when I left it. The devs need to rebalance the classes so they feel impactful in their relevant class with emphasis on support for medic and engineer, or the game will just limp along till more of the players leave cos they have had enough (I hear that single laning on low pop times is a fun and joyable experience haha) and the game shuts down. Your daily pop on all servers I read is 2.5k players with the odd high of 10k!!! guess there isnt quite as many of you that agree this game isnt for solo play. FFXIV which is another MMO game, not the same but the only closer I know, has a daily of 400k, wow prob the same and someone could quote you cs:go, batlefield, cod etc which I garauntee you is way above 2.5k daily!!!.................so ask yourselves what should the devs focus on to increase this population not keep killing it, I sure think a balance of solo play and group play is a start, class balance and then look at the new player experience some more.
  4. FLHuk

Add personal check boxes that then show to the outside world, etc.
    • I use voice.
    • I want to squad play.
    • I want to gun.
    • I want a gunner.
    • I believe I can fly. ( teach me daddy )
    • I want to super serious sweat play.
    • I post **** in yell for no real reason but I pretend it's faction loyalty.
    • I want to learn x ( range from driving, point hold, etc )
    • I want to be used as zerg cannon fodder for an idiot who has no use for me other than to get a bastion to farm infantry!
    • ETC
    :D
    • Up x 2
  5. synkrotron

I agree but I guess most "veterans" don't have the time or don't care.

If I kill a low BR player, and I'm not concentrating on something in particular (rare) I explain what it was that got them killed. I get the impression that some people think I am trolling them but a couple sent me a FR shortly after.

Of course, some low BR players have higher ranked mains and that may be why some ignore my advice.