"The New Medic Toys"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akeita, May 14, 2014.

1. Akeita

Is an AoE shield charger field, have no idea if it is tool or ablity slot.
  2. VonStalin

Age of Empires?
    • Up x 2
  3. Paragon Exile

It replaces the Medical Aura.

It should be an equipment item, so Medics can choose a support tool over C4
    • Up x 2
  4. Unclematos7

AoE-Area of Effect.

Just some shield regen deploytable and a new AR for each faction. Kinda disappointing if you ask me.
  5. Ronin Oni

AoE = Area of Effect
  6. Ronin Oni

Not all. Triage was changed so it creates an AoE heal aura around the occupied vehicle.
  7. Unclematos7

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. Also, medics got access to battle rifles!

Really redefines the class!:rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  8. KnightCole

Shield charger field? So now medics can regen our shields? That sounds cool and an equal pain in the ***....
  9. Mongychops

I suppose the best counter will be EMP grenades, as they should destroy the shield generators.

It'll be interesting to see how this shield gen works with resist shield, I think they are buffing healing grenades as well (so a single medic can AoE regen HP and shields simultaneously).
  10. Chewy102

I also read that the shield regen will apply ANYONE in the area. Friend, enemy, everyone.

This sounds like an iffy thing for me. Makes your guys live much longer (adding up to 3 bullets in some tests I watched) but if you place it wrong it will help the enemy as well. You really would have to know its range to make use of it without giving the enemy the same effects. Wonder if they also stack.

My god! If they stack. It would lead to immortals holding a choke point. Place a number of them in the back of a room and very few things would have the DPS to do anything to a HA line. No need for cover, no need to think, just shoot EVERYTHING!
  11. Chewy102

Update-

Is delayed to next week. CA is having a bit of a fire problem.
  12. Kulso

Would of been cool if we got an AoE aura for shields. But I guess a deployable is cool too.
  13. Wobulator

I can't imagine it stacking. I mean, do medic auras stack?
  14. Chewy102

Yes. They just don't last long enough to be of great effect. But for when they do it is like an iron wall that needs a LOT of firepower to pierce.

It all depends on how long these things last. Last I looked into them they have unlimited placements and you can have only one at a time. No idea how long they last on the ground. If longer than a minute then there will be problems with stacking. Plus there is no word that I know of if they have cool downs or energy supplies like the aura.
  15. Udnknome

Shoulda been an engineer tool.
  16. Tommyp2006

No, no, that's fine as a medic item, makes more sense since they deal with infantry health. Engineers need an AOE repair item.
  17. MichaelS

The range of the shield generator is only 7m so it isn't really great, but just nice. But it works great with the fast recharging shields in body slot.
  18. Udnknome

A shield is not health.. but I guess it makes sense with the gameplay... just not the lore.
  19. Chewy102

It fits the lore. Medics are trained to deal with all parts of an infantryman's health and their safety on the field. Field dressing, CPR, meatball surgery, and in this case in the maintaining of standard issue personal protection equipment.

Why would a grease monkey be working on personal shields anyway? They deal in metal, mechanical, and systems maintenance. If anything Id like to see a repair box that replaces the ammo box, MANA and standalone versions. Place one down and it auto repairs everything within a small area at 1/2 the speed of their repair tools level. Maybe slower to keep from having a driver/gunner sit on their own repair boxes while farming or to keep camping MAXes in line. Could just make it repair enemy armor as well like how ammo boxes work.
  20. JudgeDeath

New ability for medics is to have constant AOE proxysound playing:
    • Up x 4