The New King of Pathetic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GotBuds, Nov 17, 2017.

1. GotBuds

Have found the king of the pathetic players, a player that appears to only be able to kill, complete directives and Aurax weapons by stat padding and killing the same NC toon over and over (obviously his own alt toon)

Look at PurpleArmy killboard, 6000+ kills all against the same guy, OceanManTakeMe.

Really sucks that DBG allows this kind of stat padding and directive cheating when everyone else actually plays the game the right way to do.
  2. Icehole1999

3. CMDante

Instead of all that. I choose to believe that PurpleWhatever has a deeply concerning hatred for OceanMan and refuses to attack anyone else.
    • Up x 10
  4. Jac70

Recently in the warpgate I noticed the usual tranquility was disturbed by constant explosions. Tracked it down to one of the outbuildings - in there was a MAX shooting weapons at the ceiling. Next to it an engineer throwing ammo packs at it. Turns out the engineer was also logged in on another which was controlling the MAX PC. A PC with the LMB stuck down. He said he was earning 1000s of certs a day.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

I also see from time to time engies shooting at terminals and repair them endlessly.
  6. stalkish

check this guy out, on right now:
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=1qw2
    he is the 'Top Player' on miller for the last 2 hours.......
  7. TR5L4Y3R

i don´t even blame him because directives that require kills are shi t .. ..
    yupp kill a thausand people with a supressive fire weapon .. that sure won´t take long and many deaths ...
    not to forget i need 5 weapons of the same type to even be able to aurax a weapon ....
  8. Liewec123

report both accounts ingame,
    we had a statpadding loser on cobalt a few months back and i reported them, seems to have done the trick, they haven't been online since september.
    • Up x 2
  9. HAXTIME

Or just go there and kill the scum? (in addition to reporting)
  10. PlanetBound

Nothing like stumbling on someone from your faction stat padding with another faction flipping the point.
  11. adamts01

Who cares? If you need to be the best, then you know you're better than these guys, despite what the leaderboards say. If you need other people to know you're the best, then fix your life so you don't care so much about video games. If they're making crazy certs, then who cares? How does that affect or hurt you? I just don't get what the fuss is all about.
    • Up x 1
  12. Longasc

I think this is how many people got their Halloween directives maxed within hours.
  13. stalkish

How does your neibour committing insurance fraud affect you?
    How does music and film piracy affect you?
    How does the corner shop getting armed robbed affect you?

The answer really is, it doesnt, but they do affect some1, so they are crimes and are not allowed by law.
    Same thing in game, sure it doesnt affect you, or me, or johnnyrambo fighting at bunker 991, but it is against the rules of the game, it does affect daybreak and as such should be punished.
    If you want to get technical, all crimes have a cost that has to be recovered, usualy by charging the end consumer more money. Its the same with daybreak, the more stat padders there are earning free certs the less people pay for boosts, less people buy weapons, less people buy membership, Daybreak makes less money, except that isnt going to happen so they charge us more.

I cant help but feel youre just trolling at this point, this is simple economics.
    Also apparantly, according to yourself (below), having a second cont open that lets people 'get free ISO-4' is a problem, but people unlocking free weapons and directive rewards isnt....... I fail to see a difference.

14. adamts01

The simple answer is that insurance companies and such aren't free to play games. Free games are happy to have free loaders because these MMOs need targets for paying members to shoot. How many toys that free member has and how fast they acquired them doesn't really matter to me. ISO matters to me as there's a drastic disparity of dispersement on a faction level on my server, increasing the snowball effect, and planetary bonuses mater to me because it also adds to the snowball effect of a single faction reaching a clear overpop.

You caught me on a drunk night. Celebrated buying a cow with a litre of rum. Sorry if that didn't make sense.
  15. Shibby84

On the note of stat padding, I once saw a well known, respectable player in a spawn room at some random back base TKing low level BR's with odd name's.

Daybreak Games is deff not SOE Games <<