The new changes to map will hurt the game

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Mazdam, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netsky4life

Lol dumb comment really, cause it gives the enemy less options to cap/backcap which makes the zerg movement for your faction easier.......
  2. Ronin Oni

FFS people, quit decrying something until you've at least given it a chance....

Lets see how the battle flows on the test server before you all go crying that there is no place left for small scale operations.
  3. UrMom306

you do realize you can drive off road right? just cause the lattice is connected via the roads doesn't mean you can attack from multiple angles and multple bases. This doesn't change the literal flow, people now use the roads and trail blaze off road, it just affects what bases they can attack.
  4. Klatschnudel

I don't think you get it. Atm this game is broken in terms of tactic and strategy. Outfits aren't really challenged and when they are they get zerged.

The changes which are to be tested will change that.
    What would happen if a zerg fights against a zerg? I will tell you, a "big" fight would happen at the frontlines which is shifting back and forth.
    Additionally it will be easier for commanders and their outfits to make a strategy since they can predict and oversee the situation much easier. It will be much easier to flank and defend which really excites me.
    And think about the concept of supply lines. Tanks need to get to the front line.
    Imagine that there is a big fight in a base or territory.
    Your outfit can make a plan to cut the supply lines of tank reinforcements which makes it easier for your zerg to get in control.
    Or you can start a big operation directly behind the frontlines or flank the enemy forces. Even the concept of having scouts in the platoon would have a meaning.
    Or imagine making a defence and you know that there will be enemies.
    I mean come on. The way you say it sounds like you want all outfits to fight only as a zerg.

What really excites me in an outfit is that you are playing with discipline and teamplay to get your objectives. Zerging doesn't have anything to do with it sinceit is only driving forward. I mean solo players should do the tasks of the frontline soldier!

This update is really important for competative gameplay and at the same time interesting for those that search big fights.
    So let us test it first.

I will test it on the test server and if it matches my expectations i will most likely come back to the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. netsky4life

Indeed a big time wasting fight will happen while other events on the map occur whit you beeing stuck in a pointless fight, there's nothing tactical about that, now outfits actually need to make tactical decissions, that isn't the case whit zerg vs zerg.
  6. iller

Both Zergs are just ghost capping either way, which is also rail-shooter except there's no one to shoot.
  7. Ronin Oni

The only thing "tactical" about the current design is allowing small outfits to avoid battles and hop around ghost capping
    • Up x 1
  8. Being@RT

[IMG]

In this picture the big black X shows a base that cannot be attacked anymore. Also the bottom base should have been green but my Paint skills are rusty.

We get reminded all the time that movement isn't actually restricted on the map. We are well aware of this. There is just no reason to do any movement beyond going around to the other side of the next base, which zergs already do naturally. But they need 50-100m distance to the base to do so, they're not going to visit the next base on their way! Especially as they can't even capture that next base now.

I think that about sums up the Rush Lanes. Remember that the hexes are just eyecandy now.
    • Up x 2
  9. DrPlump

I like the idea of a unified front line because it actually makes it easier to get behind it and cause problems. Backcapping is not the answer the best solution is to offer other ways to effect the frontline battle from behind enemy lines. There needs to be ways to disable the effects of captured territory without capturing it. The SCU is a perfect example you can disable spawning at the next closest base which would stop the flow of enemies into battle. If they can come up with and add another dozen things like this that can be triggered without capturing the base it will allow high rewards for high risk operations in areas you cannot easily respawn.
    • Up x 6
  10. Ronin Oni

I don't like the name "Rush Lanes"

I've been always calling them "Hex Lanes"... I think it's far more apropros.
    • Up x 1
  11. Purg

Here's a radical idea - how about try it first and see how it goes? That's why it's on a *test server*.
    • Up x 3
  12. Being@RT

I just called them Lanes before. Lots of people call it the Lattice. But devs coined the term 'Rush Lanes'. I haven't seen them use it lately though, and the one I saw last was 'conquest lanes'.

The only part hexes play now is the visual aspect, and on that the devs have commented that they're considering a toggle switch between the hex lanes display and a direct lattice link one. Additionally, I've felt like even the live hex system is just using the name to take advantage of the strategy wargame hex grid similarity, even though there was no true hex grid (variable shape and size of regions). "Ooh, it has hexes, therefore it must have strategy" -effect.
    • Up x 1
  13. Badname2490

WAH WAH MY LITTLE OUTFIT OF 10 ELITE OPERATOR SPERGLORD AUTIST NECKBEARDS TRYING TO BE TACTICOOL GHOSTCAPS CAN'T DO ANYTHING NOW!

Sorry kid...this game is about "massive combat" the zerg is there and will never leave. If you think it's shooter on rails you're pretty stupid then...it's not like you can't go outside the hex lanes you idiot.

WHY do you people think Zergs are bad? Zergs are inherently good, they make fights THAT"S WHAT THIS GAME IS ABOUT YOU MORONS! Joe ******* casual isn't gonna sit in warp gate and read a manual...NO YOU MORONS he's going to go and join the wave and FIGHT! Sorry this game isn't your call of duty 12v12.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mazdam

I dont think that u will be able to farm my tank, before trying it u should improve ur skill, a 1.28kdr guy wont farm me :p
    • Up x 1
  15. RadarX

We are going to go ahead and close this as it's heading in a non-constructive direction. Please provide specific feedback on features we are testing versus how you feel they'll affect live gameplay.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.