The new changes to map will hurt the game

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Mazdam, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazdam

It is going to be a zerg vs zerg in every road, one of the best things about Planetside 2 and what makes it unique it the freedom it has now, with fights everywhere. After patch it will be a shooter on rails, just chose a road and fight the enemy zerg.

Ghost capping is a valid strategy, it is realistic and gives you options. Follow the road and spam rockets at the enemy zerg will not.

I also think that it will be a tank zerg vs another tank zerg in these roads..
    • Up x 6
  2. Soundmonitor

It will be great battles, fighting 2 fronts at all times will be awsome... You find Sitting at a point while getting 300-600 exp for picking your nose is great for you?
    • Up x 13
  3. LordMondando

This has been argued to death, by myself espeically.

Number of connections from base to base is apprenlty up for change. Its a test system a work in progress.

Time to actually test.
    • Up x 9
  4. xWarMachine

lol Ghost capping a valid strategy ... lol

Who the hell enjoys ghost capping, your basically avoiding all enemy contact. Go play simcity if you don't want to play against other people. The lattice system is by far the best thing to happen in PS2.
    • Up x 13
  5. Mazdam

I feel that sitting in my tank spamming shells to enemy and getting exp for it ISNT GREAT for me, thats what is going to happen if u dont realize it.
    • Up x 2
  6. LordMondando

Valid as in its doable.
  7. Mazdam

I never ghost capped, but if someone wants to do it, it is ok, beacuse he has freedom to move wherever he wants in the map and do whatever he wants, not just follow the road marked by the devs/game like a mouse
    • Up x 3
  8. LordMondando

Guys, not a debate about the legitmacy/illegitmacy of ghost capping as tatic.

Its just that, nothing in this lattice change appears to inherently stop it.

You can (and I know this because I tried it), run up to a point, flip it, run away cap continues.
  9. Soundmonitor

While you sit on your tank Ill be spamming my mana-turret, RPG, C4, Liberator, Mossie lol pods, on you and get 1K exp... Trust me Im in Squads that do these Ghost Capping nightly and it's tedious... 5 minutes after you leave the point a couple of people will take it back, so how did that change the way the other factions zerg movement? IMO Ghost capping doesnt help anything unless you are reconnecting your factions territory.

While you did all this you and your squad got 300-600 exp now how is this productive?
  10. Soundmonitor

Man I was hopping it would eliminate ghost capping period and only allow to cap adjacent territory that are connected to your faction!
  11. xWarMachine

You can still move around the map as you wish. The front-line is just slimmed down to prevent ghost capping, but outfits that are small and enjoy doing spec ops can still go behind enemy lines to disrupt movements or to prep bases. This does not prevent people from being creative, rather it forces them to be more creative. Lets be honest how creative or tactful is sitting on a point at an empty base only to leave it when it flips?
    • Up x 3
  12. LordMondando

Nope so long as the nodes are 'conntected in' a cap can be inciated.

So on the off hours when theres not as much people, there is still going to be a fair bit of it going on I imagine.
  13. LordMondando

You enclave lads seem to be keen on this matra.

With reference to the current game mechanics as uploaded to the test server this evening.

How can I.

'prep a base'

or

'disrupt movements'.
  14. Soundmonitor

Ive noticed that a lot of BIG outfits on Waterson Ghost cap nightly...
  15. LordMondando

Also lets stayed focused on what we are actually testing, this go around. The lattice/node/lane system.

Hopefully this will be followed by a system that actually means theres something to do 'behind the front line' currently however, its nothing. And the two will go live together giving us an overall better system. thus, is the point of the server.
    • Up x 4
  16. AceMF

I'm glad you and people like you are mad about this.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bankrotas

Dudes and ladies, and other beings, we're here to test things not go on stating **** without testing it. If you have feedback after you tried it, you're welcome to state stuff, but wait other testers to try it and respond, not call doomsday's coming...
  18. Zaik

it's one thing to post omg ruined forever nonsense in the general forums, but it's another to post it in the test forums where it's going to be tested before it's even been tested.

did you just post this because you thought someone would be more likely to read it here?
  19. TintaBux

I think will be good however they made bases more restricted for vehicles, which means yet again the game is going more infantry based.
  20. Ronin Oni

"Ghost capping is a legitimate strategy"

/facepalm

Ghost capping is boring and obnoxious.... it's whack a mole... except it takes 5-10 minutes to swing the mallet.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.