[Suggestion] The Nerf Light Assaults Need

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xMeserionx, Jun 19, 2021.

1. InexoraVC

I dont hate anything.
    Ok, make it other way trow a disk on the rock or safe place near enemy sunderer, jump to an enemy sunderer, shoot rocklet rifle, shoot Hunter QCX's explosive bolts, teleport. Repeat.
  2. DarkQuark

As someone who plays engineer 95% of the time, I can say it's in a pretty good place. I would do a couple things maybe but they would be tweaks.

As for the rest here is my take:

- Heavy
    fine
    -Medic
    fine
    -Infiltrator
    do something with cloak
    -Light Assault
    remove c-4 or limit it's use somehow
    -Maxes
    those are a mess
  3. TruenoCraft

I think they are all fairly well balanced at the moment. You just have to see the circumstance where each one is used. And on the light assault, I would give it a "Fine"

- C-4
    I think the theme of the c-4 is quite good compared to a few years ago when the button to detonate it was very fast, but if it is nerfed more, just think about the vehicle issue, they would have to be retouched as well :D
  4. Demigan

All you've really gained is more time having to move to the Sunderer between each attack? You have some safer time reloading but that is it, I would call that "an advantage". You might as well complain the Medic can heal himself and others.
    Although "advantage" is relative, you just sacrificed your C4 for this which would be a lot faster against Sunderers, and having to move back to the Sunderer from your "safe" space between each reload could simply be more risk and increase the chance of the Sunderer being repaired and defended, you being intercepted or the teleportation disk being found and destroyed.

You are grasping at singular straws. Straws that are on fire.
  5. Mechwolf

Was 100% sure you were going to say shotguns, jetpack is kinda their thing like heavies have overshield
  6. xMeserionx

Infiltrators are fine, people complain about dying to them, but unless they're doing something with Nightmare implant, they're not big of a deal. There are 101 ways to die in this game, and the game isn't balanced around 1v1s. Infiltrators are suppose to be good 1v1 assuming they have the jump on you. Their cloak is frankly over-nerfed with sound effect, but clearly still function, so whatever.

The main issue infiltrators have is the god-forsaken kill cam.

And yes MAXes are a mess:

VS MAXes are meh in general with no viable faction-specfic ability in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. I just wish VS MAXes had more fun weapons not just pew pew guns, like maybe dual Lashers or something. Their weapons lack punch to them.

NC MAXes are alot better than they where pre-nerf and frankly I just don't want any more buffs or nerfs because they're in that sweet spot where they hurt but they're not busted AF. Shotguns are fine as long as their effective range is shotguns.

TR MAXes are fine, but IMO have the most satisfying weapons to use. Dakka out the ***, and fractures just feel so good to use because they have some 'omph' when you fire them.