[Suggestion] The narrow map and uneven populations. No fun at all. Open it up again !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zavatun, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Zavatun

This evening (July 18th here in New Zealand) I logged in, and Hossin had just been unlocked. The map was still locked up in its narrow format, so we were all funneled into the centre base, Nasons Defiance. The population was ridiculously unbalanced, so our side, being the minority, could barely approach the base without being destroyed, and if we were lucky enough to deploy a cloaked sunderer, it was destroyed in a minute or so. Obviously, this is no fun at all for a side in the minority, to just get killed over and over again without a chance of a one on one fight anywhere. In the old days, when the maps were open., we had the option of spreading out, capturing more bases, starting smaller fights. Not everyone wants to be funnelled into one ridiculously crowded battle at the same base for hours and hours. Sometimes it seems we spend all day at Nasons Defiance or TI Alloys and hardly ever see the other bases. The really crowded battles, where you can't get a clear shot without team mates all tryting to get in front of you are not much fun at all. I loved it when you could choose from a number of bases, and fights were more spread out. The way it is now, if you are in the minority, you have no choice but to face overwhelming odds. Some people frown on what they call 'ghost capping', but its a perfectly valid tactic, and a way to start more fights in different areas. I never intentionally set out to ghost cap. I just always follow the miission objectives, and if a base is undefended, thats just the way it is. Usually someone turns up, and a new battle is on. Shutting down most of the maps to force crowded fights really spoils the game. I'm sick of spending hours fighting for TI Alloys or Nasons Defiance. There are outlying bases I haven't seen for months, and some I have only just discovered. What a waste of a great open world environment. ! Open it up. Let people choose where they want to fight, and whether they want a crowded battle, or a smaller more manageable scenario. As an older (60 year old) PTSD sufferer who has been shot and stabbed myself, I can't always cope with the full on crowded thing, especially being in the minority and getting killed over and over. Thats when I'm in danger of going out and doing real harm in the community. I am a recovering psychopath, who uses PS2 as a kind of occupational therapy. It keeps me out of trouble and stops me unleashing my anger out in the real world.
    Many of us have spent a considerable amount of money on this game, and it would be nice to have some choice about the way we play it. It seems we have less and less freedom to choose as the game narrows down.