The n°1 missing feature for squad cohesion is not Gal-deployment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Jan 26, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

It's this:
    [IMG]

It sure is hard to squad lead when you can't give orders and place markers by pointing at things.
    • Up x 19
  2. mooman1080

I duhno man, gal deployed is pretty desperately needed.

But seriously, I see no reason why there can't be more quick buttons for squad leaders, there is currently a quick button system when you hold the spot button, but it's only used for interactions with single players, it could be simple to refit it for squad leading.
    • Up x 1
  3. Hatesphere

this is very much needed, it would allow people to assign orders without having to yell into the mic all the time. I assume it would give hud markers for different tasks to your squad?
    • Up x 3
  4. kadney

Do. Want.
    • Up x 5
  5. Sigmundr Rumare

Omg yes so much to this. We don't need more spawn options for "squad cohesion." If you can't stick together with your squad (which really boils down to "follow the star" for most public platoons) you're just bad at paying attention and should learn to do better.

So yes for more efficient leading tools and less removing of any kind of meaningful spawn logistics.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elrobochanco

Can't tell if joking. That feature is already in. Squad leads can hold Q to mark objective points. Ditto right clicking on the map to request for assistance.

It could be better, and mashing Q on a friendly should ask for heals/repairs/ammo automatically without needing to hold it, but the menu is there.
  7. UberBonisseur

I've never ever seen it (not even in patchnotes) and yet I pretty much spent my last few months leading squad

Care to provide a screenshot ?
  8. Cinnamon

Holding down Q for context sensitive menu wasn't on the patch list because it was there from the start.
    • Up x 1
  9. UberBonisseur

For inviting people and sending messages.

The comrose never was implemented
  10. BengalTiger

I wouldn't call it squad cohesion but squad management.

And yes, this would be awesome.
  11. EmmettLBrown

It would be nice to mark where you want air/tank support for each squad too.
  12. Admiralty

Wasn't that T by default in Battlefield 2 ?

If I recall, the command rose for holding down Q gave spotted, go go go, follow, medic, ammo, thank you, need pickup and maybe one or two more.

That rose you're showing is definetly not shown by holding down Q is all I know. We already have a commo rose in game when you hold it over players and voice commands by pressing v so that already negates the need for the Q commo rose.
  13. Cinnamon

But it has always given a set objective option for squad leaders when targeting flags. And I don't recognise comrose as a term for a gui element, do you mean radial menu?
  14. KAHR-Alpha

Actually it's been there since release, but only really works to designate capture points to attack (and once you do that, you can't cancel it). All the other orders (defend/attack target, nothing else) have never worked.
  15. Sigmundr Rumare

You realize the targeting of a capture point was only added in the last month or so right?
  16. KAHR-Alpha

You realize I've been playing since release?
    Targeting capture points has always been there, and actually you could even target ammo towers the same way before they got turned into static objects (devs probably wanted to make them hackable a long time ago)
    • Up x 1
  17. WyrdHarper

It's been there since launch. You had to cert into it before; they simply made it default and refunded the certs. Just because your SL's didn't know how to use something doesn't mean it didn't exist
    • Up x 1
  18. optimus

squad vehicle spawning is a desperately needed change. However i am Dubious about sunderers getting AMS as common pool
    • Up x 1
  19. Sigmundr Rumare

Then my apologies, I misunderstood the change log on that account.
  20. Nocturnal7x

We have voip and squad waypoints. I just don't see the need. Game needs to give players a reason to lead more than this imo. Right now there is no incentive to lead.