The Most Psychologically Intimidating Sounds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Azawarau

This is why i rarely use the scatter shot

They run and then shoot you until you die and theres not much you can do in alot of these cases
  2. Daigons

Q: The Most Psychologically Intimidating Sounds
    A: Honey do these pants make me look fat?
    • Up x 4
  3. MikeyGeeMan

My wife asking me how long I'm going to play ps2 for
    • Up x 5
  4. Keidranex

Recon or motion spotters' pulse sound. If they're friendly they make me feel safe, but if they're not, I'll become extremely paranoid.
  5. Liewec123

enemy infil decloak sound....right behind you.
    FFFFFFFFFFF! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. Erendil

SCREEEEE!!!
    SCREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you asked what the most annoying sound was.....

My bad.
    • Up x 1
  7. Benton582

How about recon darts? Constant shimmering? No? Okay then.
    • Up x 2
  8. Colonelveers12

Only thing that ever put sheer terror into my eyes was being a stalker cloaker, thinking that I'd fooled everyone in the area because barely anyone has a flashlight.................and that one guy turning on his flashlight sweeping room to room.....that **** has made death feel more real than anything else in any other video game XD
  9. Gundem

Not enough Freedom in that statement.
  10. Kazrak

My favorite:

TR stalker cloak with turned on Chainsaw

Every enemy in proximity gets the shivers ^^
  11. SoljVS

The sound of flak guns firing. Or the ear splitting noise of flak explosions on my ESF. Also the HUD lock on indicator beep.
  12. Reclaimer77

Without a doubt the worst/scariest sound to hear in the whole game is the TR Vulcan-H. When you hear that thing start to spin up, game over, just take your hands off the keyboard and accept death.
  13. MurgNC

For me it's when I'm driving around in an expensive tank and I hear an unseen enemy use their taunt command right next to me. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, my first thought is, "Oh $%#! I've got one second to live before the C4 goes off!"
  14. Imperial Sect

I'm afraid of Magriders...but only as a Vanu engineer.
    • Up x 1
  15. Blue_Shift

True, Totally forget about them.
  16. EclecticDreck

The Saron was always just as lethal up close but had the added benefit of having utility at range. It was far better matched to the Harasser than the Vulcan, too, since magdump and run is better than trying to engage in a slugging match.
  17. Demigan

I never experienced this. The Saron is great no doubt, but it's not the Vulcan's mind-boggling power of destruction.
  18. EPIC389

When a platoon of stalkers uncloak behind you