The Most Psychologically Intimidating Sounds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Blue_Shift

This List is what I think are the most Intimidating sounds. Doesn't matter necessarily the performance, but the impact of hearing them.

1. TR Chain Guns- Vulcan: the HA and MAx variants. These Things sound like death is coming
    2. NC and TR Max Movement: The Vanu sounds like a squeaky pair of shoes.
    3. If Your Infantry the sound of a Magrider can scare you more than the other tanks.
    4. Lib Dalton or Engine Sound.
    5. The Sound of a Harasser. These Guys seem to find you when you least expect it.

I think TR wins for the most intimidating weapon sounds. IMO most of their inf weapons sound evil lol. They seem more intense.

Do you disagree? Would your list be different?
  2. RedArmy

beauty is in the eye of the beholder here. the sounds that most intimidate me are that of the things i die to more often. NC Scatt maxes, the jackhammer, Vanguards, AirHammer, LPPA and Harassers (any). typically most VS weaponry doesnt frighten me cuz atleast i can stand up to them when i need to, even if its a losing battle i can typically do enough damage so the guy(s) behind me can finish him off
  3. ColonelChingles

Even when I'm my TR Lightning, I'll still jump at the sound of a Vulcan firing up if it's nearby. At least more than once I've also reflexively bailed out of my Lightning. :oops:
  4. Peebuddy

The *Pap* *Pap* *Pap* sound of an air hammer
  5. RainbowDash9

i drop everything and run away when i hear scat maxes... NC maxes in general are the scariest thing in the game lol. turning the corner and happening upon a room full of them is an istant "nope" moment
    • Up x 1
  6. ohknoh

GD-7f. I don't win against this gun. It doesn't matter what the situation is, if the person has this, and shoots at me, it's always 2 body shots and 3 headshots and then ded. It's sound has been burned into my mind.

Also the sound of a prowler firing from long range while deployed.

VS weapons just sound wimpy compared to the other factions. They just sound slow, and weak.
  7. JobiWan

If I'm in a vehicle, the screech of Ravens generally fills me with 'oh no' thoughts but the worst sound of all for tankers is the approach run of a Liberator and the start up sound of a tankbuster opening up on you, which pretty much means you're dead, or at least your tank is.
  8. oTec

Indoors, any max or shotgun related sound makes instantly makes me leave the building trough the nearest fire exit. Outside the cloack sound of the vanu gives me the creeps, certainly at night.
  9. Vectore

The sound of a lasher.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Vanu max guns.
  11. FieldMarshall

Being inside a building and hearing a MAX, but see nothing on your minimap.
  12. Regazozo

When you get blind sided by a pump shotgun or the air hammer. I've thrown my headset off I don't know how many times from it happening. Not that it scares me, but the infi sounds do put me on high alert.
  13. Demigan

In the old days: PPA sounds. That stuff just meant a continuous farm and there was nothing you could really do against it.

On the same note: Gatekeeper hits, if you even hear it hit because the rockets barely render at all and you only get a damage indicator. The constant damage just screams "get into cover". And while you can get into cover you can then only repair up and hope your enemy is going to attack you soon, as moving out and exposing yourself to extreme-range Gatekeepers with no real chance of proper retaliation is simply suicide.
    Although I have to say it's less fear and more "well crap, either sit around and hope for a CQC fight or drive around for X minutes to flank them".

Vulcans: Especially after some tries with one myself, these things are god-weapons capable of blowing stuff sky-high. At least they are relatively high-risk on Harassers, but the reward seems out of proportion to the risk even then.

Yeah I can agree with this one. It doesn't matter if it's an NC/TR/VS MAX, if it's hostile and close enough that you can hear it I'm immediately on high alert. If you run into it it means death sure enough unless you can find out which corner he's around and toss some C4 there before he rounds it.
    What I don't agree with is that the NC MAX is more terrifying. TR and VS MAX's kill you a bit slower, but can kill you more easily. I've escaped NC MAX's several times because I was jumping and running around them in CQC and they emptied their mags, which just doesn't happen with TR/VS MAX's because they can keep the bullets/plasma flying.

Any other weapon... Depends heavily on the situation. Starting to hack an occupied turret and you hear the turret power down but the guy hasn't rendered for you yet? Instant brown pants syndrom as I know that guy can kill me while I can't even hit him. Sitting behind an engi-turret and hearing an enemy infil decloak? I'll be off that turret and praying I won't be dead before I turn around. But if I hear a shotgun all I do is "oh there's a shotgun nearby, just keep my distance and it's an easy kill". Sniper rounds aren't really scary unless you are out in the open and cover is 10+ seconds walking away. AirHammer is a godsend compared to other ESF nosecannons. When I meet an ESF that fires on me I just assume I'm dead, the RNG and close proximity required for an AirHammer to work mean I survive more often than other ESF canons and I get kills more easily by randomly shooting them and hoping they crash into something on their way out, which due to aforementioned close proximity means often (not to mention that Rocketpods are a better guarantee for a kill and require less aiming).
  14. Eternaloptimist

Hearing something that sounds close but that I can't immediately see, like an infil decloaking, an aircraft or vehicle engine, a Max stomping around. Also the sound of my wife coming down the stairs 30 minutes after I told her I'd be ready to go shopping with her.
    • Up x 4
  15. Sulsa

When I am out in enemy territory alone, a cloak sound of an enemy infil sends my blood pressure through the roof. Especially when it's 'close'.
  16. Gundem

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *every TR gun ever
  17. Goldmonk

When I'm sniping and I hear any NC or VS spot me, I'm instantly placing a claymore and booking it.
  18. Azawarau

Mag rider

Every sound it makes makes me think im screwed
  19. orangejedi829

At least you can run away from a scatmax that's more than 10m away from you. With TR dual-chaingun MAXes, if you can see it, you're already dead.
  20. RainbowDash9

if all the bullets dont go flying in every direction except where youre at that is.