The most interesting thing to me about GU4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by {joer, Mar 21, 2013.

1. {joer

I haven't seen a single post complaining about hacking since its release. Since they have done nothing to really prevent hacking, the best explanation is that there are so many other issues to complain about now that even cheating has taken a back seat to actual game play problems.

In a way they have solved the perceived hacking problem without doing anything.

So congratulations of some sort are due.
  2. }{ellKnight

200% of the population is hacking!

There, fixed.
  3. Peebuddy

Most the hacks I've seen have shifted to blatant hacks like wall hacking and speed hacks. To aimbots, got hit by a shotgun/ dalton/ tank round? Must have been a lucky shot, it happens so most people probably don't think much of it. But some of these guys push their luck too much and it becomes obvious
  4. ThundaHawkPS

Aimbotters are still in the game with their moronic capslock names and s.hitty excuses.
  5. Ash87

Apparently it's still there, but it's exclusively players with high KDR stats.

Since every single one of them is apparently aimbotting to get their stats up to that point.

Apparently.
  6. Peebuddy

Anyone a BR lower than 1,000 certs to have earned one of these instant kill weapons and doesn't have any camo is suspect in my book. Generally people who buy things with station cash will throw some on aesthetics, if he just has one well knows gib weapon it tells me he only did it to feed his aim boting addiction. So report em all, let god errrr SoE sort em out.
  7. Irrelavance

Hacks are actually almost non existent now. Turns out all but no-clip got broken. Hacks will be seen a lot less now because its likely that only the paid for ones will get updated quickly, and few people would pay for one. So if you're constantly looking for hackers even after the update, and you think you've seen one, it's very unlikely you actually have.
  8. sladuog

That's a huge generalisation and there do exist people who will only pay for guns instead of cosmetics. Then again by reproting suspect players you're probably doing more than 90% of players. Just consider what it would feel like to be under suspicion simply because of the loadout you choose and make sure you have some kind of proof.

Without getting banned or the thread locked can you post some kind of proof? PM me if necessary.

Regarding GU04 hacking, the hackers in the game are probably still there, but causing fewer troubles than the other problems we've had recently (unlocks, ESRLs, etc.).
  9. Irrelavance

Me and my friend are very interested in coding (he is actually doing it at the moment for university), and recently when we were talking about the hacking in PS2 we became curious about how you code for aimbots, no-recoil etc. So after scouring the internet for a bit we came across the basis for this coding on a cheat website. On this forum with the coding a lot of people were praying out for the regular mod creators to make a new one. I'll PM you the link if I can find it so you can see for yourself.
    Personally I think it's hilarious that the devs stopped the hackers in their tracks merely by updating their game.
  10. sladuog

Thanks for the info.
  11. Phrygen

the phoenix and striker and legit hacks frankly.

no need to actually hack with those things in the game:rolleyes:
  12. Alex Heartnet

Some people choose to grab functional items only from ye olde cash shoppe, myself included. Even with 90 USD spent on the game already, I still only have a hood ornament and a one-use camo for my Vanguard (it was on sale!),

And with account-wide unlocks, instigib weapons like Lightning AP or Sunderer Bulldog do indeed get used by BR1 alts. Don't just look at the loadout and BR, look at how it is being used. For example, an AP Lightning will probably be seeking out and flanking enemy armor, attacking Sunderers, taking potshots at aircraft with 2-3+ missed shots before landing a hit, and only firing on infantry in self-defense. These are all indications of a skilled tank driver.

Don't just look at loadouts and BR. Also look at how it is being used. Hacking should not be used as an excuse for losing.
  13. FateJH

I've seen character models zipping around the map, looking like broken black flakes darting around in the air, never hanging around more than a few insignficant frames, but since it's never antagonistic I generally think it's either just glitchy data that was pushed onto the render stack incorrectly or a moderator doing his thang.

Yesterday I received phantom damage as a MAX while waiting to be repaired in the spawn room, enough to eventually kill me. Since it only affected me one bar at a time over the course of about ten seconds, with quite wide gaps in time in between, I think it might have been someone shooting at me outside of the shield render distance, though my platoon channel announced cautioned "might be hacker." It did affect me while I was walking across the base and through a room into the spawn room, however. The guy who killed me was a Jackhammer user, I believe.
  14. AssaultPig

There's no 'solution' for cheaters, especially in a game with free accounts, without requiring a level of monitoring/intrusion that most players would balk at (especially from SOE, my god.) Hell, even in subscription based MMOs people cheat.

The most obnoxious hackers get banned pretty quickly though, and even the ones using it to gain a more subtle advantage seem to be having a harder time.