The mini-chaingun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Jul 30, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

i think its time

i think its time for the mighty Terran Republic to take a stand against the design of the MCG

no human could ever fire the MCG, no human could even pick it up without assitance

TAKE A STAND AND SAY NO TO THE MCG

we have been waiting patiently since beta for an underslung MCG, the way it was meant to be

meanwhile the lasher had its model, bullets, and audio changed, the jackhammer had an audio pass a while back, and the MCG has gotten what? the FRRT? a COF nerf?

STAND WITH ME AGAINST THE MCG!!

this is what we have
    [IMG]

this is what we should have
    [IMG]
    or this
    [IMG]
    • Up x 22
  2. Maljas23

Mmmmmm.... dat model....

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Up x 6
  3. Leftconsin

HEY! Don't touch Sasha.
    • Up x 3
  4. Lightwolf

They tried underslung MCG's early on. The low firing position made them half as effective in combat.
  5. Vertabrae

Then make me taller in game so I can use it effectively....1500SC for a height boost.
    • Up x 4
  6. Ogopogo

Or, alternatively, make it slightly more effective at a specialized task. Seriously, gun specialization wouldn't be a bad thing.
    • Up x 7
  7. Church41349

Yes make it under slung like it was always meant to be!
    • Up x 1
  8. EliteEskimo

Only in indoor fighting, I had the same conversation with T-Ray in person. The thing is that doesn't matter if it's useless indoors if it is an epic outdoors/ non cover using weapon. It would be the signature open field weapon of the TR that way, but nope....
    • Up x 2
  9. ajma

I'm Vanu. I support this. Just make sure it's not as sexy my people.
    • Up x 1
  10. doombro

Just let it go. It's not going to happen.
    • Up x 3
  11. -Synapse-

The buzz. You killed it.
    • Up x 2
  12. Chrispin

Glad you had the guts to stick it to TRay, but I hate to say that he was probably the worst guy to talk to about that haha. Being both the art director and stubborn in his ways, he'll never give in to community feedback like this. We just have to bug the devs via Reddit, Twitter, forums (when they bother to pitch in), Instagram, you name it.

But yea... when is the last time that TR got a unique niche weapon? How about never? I would love a gun like this that was bad indoors but excellent out in the open where I am exposed.
    • Up x 3
  13. KnightCole

They could put our cameras in our heads and not our chests and then the view wouldnt be so low. The MCG worked in PS1, why suddenly not here? I thought PS2 was a more modern game.....I thought perhaps game devs would be more experienced, skilled and able to make stuff work..
    • Up x 5
  14. Tommyp2006

Considering heavys already have overshields, I really couldn't care less about chest high cover. I would much rather have it be underslung.
    • Up x 1
  15. Leftconsin

You want to pay to have a larger player model!?

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. Vertabrae

I would totally pay for that. I'd drop a buttload of SC to megasize my toon. Imagine you're fighting in a 48+/48+, the ground starts to shake. Is it an auraxisquake? Is the end nigh?

Yes!!!!!!!

83 foot tall Vertabrae has joined the fight, carrying his custom made Carv-C99, which fires 16 inch rounds at 750 RPM.

Wouldn't even care how vulnerable I was. The entrance alone would never get old for me.
    • Up x 5
  17. AdmiralArcher

a simple fix for it would be 2 modes

underslung and shoulder mounted or something

it wouldnt affect any stats, but in order to counteract the height problem, just make it so that it can adjust firing postions

personally i wouldnt mind the over-the-shoulder chaingun from starwars battlefront 2

[IMG]

but the original pictures i posted in the OP are what i really want
    • Up x 2
  18. DatVanuMan

Papa V, I've infiltrated the MCG thread. I am now attempting to sabotage the discussion.
    OH GAWD, I've been spotted!
    EPIC DISTRACTION!
    [IMG] I think I evaded their suspicion. Operation: Destroy MCG shall commence!
    • Up x 2
  19. LT_Latency

Are we not all wearing power suits of Armour??

I think basic human strength down matter
  20. AdmiralArcher

BE GONE SEXY VANU BUTT!!

[IMG]
    • Up x 7