The manticore is overpowered because of no bullet drop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Why else would it be vastly over performing at a BR 100 level?

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Campagne

I was going to argue this, but the Manticore has 50m/s less velocity than the Mag-Shot, and is otherwise a carbon copy.

So, yeah. I guess you're right? :confused:
  3. Ronin Oni

All is right in the world.

A proper Balto thread.

Thank you. Your earlier thread threw me off. Have a thumbs up
    • Up x 3
  4. Ronin Oni

Bullet drop always carries a 50m/s velocity penalty. It is the direct trade off, and it's obvious. No drop, but more lead.

I'd rather have the velocity honestly.

No bloody clue why Manticore is doing well. My guess is, and this is because I rarely even see the damn thing, is that a group of VS players decided they needed to get high overall stats on a mediocre (but still decent) weapon to "prove" something (or just for giggles)
  5. Campagne

Ah, that explains a lot. :p

For a pistol, neither trait really matters, but I agree, velocity would be useful.

Maybe. I think it might have something to do with the Mag-Shot being default, where VS must spend certs on it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ballto21

that would only make a difference if it wasnt a BR 100 statistic. At BR 100, it doesn really matter if its default or certed, it will only count the (somewhat) capable players assuming they kind of know what theyre doing
  7. moriarrr-ceres

To be honest, high level players on my outfit (in fact we are all br100) are using it for the pistol directive.Vanu side you need it for making the directive "quickly"(without buying a gold/black skin).
    -commisar
    -sottocapo
    -cerberus
    -black hand
    -manticore
    Since cerberus perform actually bad (not that bad if you play infiltrator anyway) because of his range you can auraxium the beamer instead. Beamer and manticore are more accurate you can score kills at a better distance.
  8. Ronin Oni

yeah, so the avg per user is gonna tank on the common pool (oddly not the case for Orion, but it's the easiest to use LMG in the game probably)

And yeah, pistol matters less, but of the 2 I'd say SPA penalty without the dmg is a bigger deal than negligible drop (if you aim at their chin/base of neck you might get a chest hit instead of head)
    • Up x 1
  9. Ballto21

you
    didnt list the beamer

are you trying to trigger me?
  10. moriarrr-ceres

It depend of the player but in fact if we can avoid it (same for the spiker) It's fine.
    -the manticore/magshot is more satisfacting when going for HS
  11. moriarrr-ceres

Vanu don't like their pistols, it's a fact :)
  12. Ballto21

yes but you can snipe with the beamer and get a higher effective dps and always a 4HK headshot at any range (unless youre going out to 46m with it)

also it pews

but fair enough
  13. moriarrr-ceres

manticore have the same sound, but you need less shots.
  14. Campagne

I disagree. Many players don't know or care that they have a sidearm, and will never, or very rarely use it. Therefore, they would not likely be good with it having almost never used it before, whereas someone who certs into a new pistol not only knows that they have it, but also intends to use it.
  15. Ballto21

the major use of sidearms is them being used to finish off targets if you run out of ammo in your primary without killing the other dude. in these instances, its your accuracy with it that makes a difference. even if you dont use the weapon often, you having better accuracy with other weapons will help you in these instances.

People would spend certs on another sidearm if their starter isnt doing that well enough for them.

Although im pretty sure most of those stats come from stalkers
  16. Kulso

17. Campagne

In such a situation the combatant that is forced to use their sidearm is often in a panicked state, as they are often losing. Pistols also have some rather poor iron sights, the Mag-Shot especially so. Acclimatizing to a new/unusual weapon and its sights in the heat of battle tends to penalize one's accuracy.

Not always true. For example, I spent 500 certs on a Rebel when I had auraxium'd my Mag-Shot, because I wanted to try something different. I had much preferred my Mag-Shot over the at-the-time 8 round, 5-shot kill Rebel. The point being I was very happy with my default, but spent certs on something else anyway.
  18. Liewec123

pff! try the spiker! 3 shot kill, no drop! :D
  19. HadesR

#HigbyWasRight
  20. freeAmerish

It seems some people don´t no what to do with their time.
    Never thought a Thread will happen Manticore-overpowered because it´s nearly a Clone
    of the Mag-Shot.
    But in a Forum where 0.75% ADS on Orion is a game breaking issue, such nonsense isn´t
    dying out.