the little things

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cryosin, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Cryosin

Alright we all know VS i OP(*cough cough*) and there are tough bugs for the team to handle, but I wanted to point out a few little things. Most are easily implementable and would make the game less frustrating and more enjoyable. I will post my own solutions, but please add your solutions and any other "little things" that I didn't cover. Please copy the format if you can (red for problem, green for solution) and after discussion we can add them to the list.

1) Sound Effects for notifications

If I get /tell I usually have no idea. People think I might be ignoring them, but really i'm just focused on taking a base and their message completely scrolled off the list by the time I had a chance to look there.

Solution: A simple little bell or ding like sound when you get a /tell. You should also be able to enable the same bell or ding sound for outfit, squad and platoon chat, but it should be off by default(if left on, could be cumbersome for big outfits).

2) Death Screen:

There are good and bad things about the Death Screen.
    The Good:
    - Shows who killed you
    - Shows their weapon
    - Shows who else shot you(great when you die fast and wonder what happened)
    The bad:
    - It shows you everyone that shot you for the entirety of that life. If your shields recharged and you got back into battle, then you still don't know who else shot you when you died.
    - The fade-to-black and angle make it hard to see if medics revived you.

Solution: I'll be honest, my solution is a bit more work, but it's definitely needed. Something similar to Killzone or Return to Castle Wolfenstein when yo die:

It would show a 360 view "horizontally"(not birds eye view) of your body, and gives you the option to stay and wait for a medic, or "tap out" and go to the re-spawn screen. After a certain amount of time, say 60 seconds, your body automatically taps out and you see the re-spawn screen. The amount of time to tap out can be adjusted, or even be infinite if possible.

The idea is to allow you to see if medic's are nearby, and then wait for a revive. If you know that you won't be revived, you tap out.

3) Flipped over vehicles dying
    It just feels cheesy. I think Halo did a good job with this concept, but flipping over a vehicle by pressing "e" might be cheesy as well. I would at the very least "eject" the pilot out of the vehicle, and then blow it up.
  2. tastyBerryPunch

1. Yes I agree.
    2. I don't really care. I would however make a more noticeable skull symbol for the nearby medics to notice or even an automatic call for help when you're down.
    3. I would rather see vehicles not exploding when flipped, except when dropped from great heights. Just leave them there and deconstructe them in 1 minute or so.