The Light Assault class is BROKEN, and needs a fix ASAP.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by AccelPrime, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Opapanax

Your ability is not voided in low-settings. It's better, since on some people setups. Low settings make infiltrators completely invisible.. Isn't that a "good" thing for you guys?

Idk, people just ***** to ***** sometimes tho.. But you're not making any sense with that since the graphic setting that effects your class actually makes it even better..
  2. iller

You don't understand the core argument then. The shimmering cloak is still highly visible on every other setting that "overall -1" affects. There should be no difference between how vsisible they (due to graphic settings) when balancing a Stealth Class. If you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you.
  3. Undead Clown

The visibility is supposed to be what it is on highest settings, the fact that you are completely invisible on low settings is a bug or oversight. If you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you.
    • Up x 1
  4. Wildclaw

Each level gives a small regeneration increase. Also, level 2 and 6 gives a duration increase as well.
  5. Opapanax

Yea man this..

It's not supposed to be completely invisible.. The shimmering is the intended game design..
  6. Kuriby

Nope, do the test yourself with a stopwatch. Does nothing
  7. Wildclaw

I have measured the regeneration speed. The difference is approximately 6% per level. (at least between level 2 and 5)

The duration is more easily measured by jump height than stop watch. Level 1 can only reach the balcony on the warp gate building. Level 2-5 can reach up to the lower part of the structures on the roof. Level 6 can pretty much get to the top of the structures on the roof.
  8. Wildclaw

And just to make the point more clear. The video below shows what is possible with a level 6 jet pack. You can move immediately from the lower ground at the warp gate onto the landing pad with a bit of a margin.

• Up x 1
  9. waxpants

well that sucks LA is my fav class too .Im just glad I only got lvl2
    I guessing there's no word from the developers if its going to be fixed ?
  10. kersk

Here's the problem. I can reach the same platform with Level 2 Jump Jets. Here's a video:

The difference between our videos is about 1 foot in height and 800 certs. :(

I haven't done any testing yet, but I also suspect that the height you can reach might be frame rate dependent. So if you get very low frame rate you might not be able to jump as high.
    • Up x 1
  11. Wildclaw

Here is a video of me using a level 3 jump jet from the ground. The difference is faily significant.

12. Kershwyn

Did anyone notice that in the second video the fuel on the jump jet had already run out and it still worked? Or is this simply a graphics bug?
  13. SynergyX

yes i just bought cert jj3 and could instantly see that i was using fuel way faster than previous rank so now i just spent certs to be worse kewl stuff.

stick with JJ 2. sounds like 3 is worse and 4 brings you back to 2ish.
  14. Wildclaw

And just to make it clear. My JJ2 alt jumps exactly as high.
  15. Wildclaw

I am running at 60 fps at warp gate, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Still, the fact that you manage to go from the ground (I hope you went from the actual ground and not from the platform as your video didn't show where you stood) is a real concern.
  16. Boron

LA jumpjets are broken. My friend (rank 4) and myself (rank 2) stood next to each other, counted down, and went as high as we could. we went the same height, and our packs were done refilling at the same time. As for these videos, have you guys played during a laggy spot on the server? When the server is lagging a lot many things go wrong, such as medic guns not healing effectivley, and jumpjets allowing you to go much higher than normal (still going up with no fuel) as shown in the vid posted by kersk.
  17. Wildclaw

I can repeat the same think many times though, so server lag is not an issue. Level 6 jet pack goes about 2 meters higher than any previous level every single time.

Edit: I meant, that it is no issue when I am comparing my different characters with different jet pack levels. If what you say is true, it is of course a problem in general.
  18. wubbles

I have JJ rank 5 and I can't even make the same jump as the guy with JJ rank 2. Early Sunday morning, no lag, and 80 FPS at the warp gate.
  19. kersk

20. Pr0ph3tx

Why is eveybody liking this lol!? I posted in the wrong thread it has nothing to do with what the OP is saying!!!!