The Light Assault class is BROKEN, and needs a fix ASAP.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by AccelPrime, Dec 8, 2012.

1. AccelPrime

To keep it short; Jump jet upgrades beyond level 2 are completely broken, as in they have no effect, other than taking your certs.

Seeing how moblity is key for us for who play the LA class, and JJ's which gives us that mobility are broken, it's an easy conclusion that the entire class is broken.

I'm not sure how to forward this to a dev, but if anyone knows, i'd appreciate if they could do so, as it is quite a dire problem.
  2. Pr0ph3tx

I think they should also be equipped with suitcase nukes so that when you die the whole map gets cratered
    • Up x 10
  3. gunshooter

no surprise here plenty of certs do nothing

games still pretty much beta
    • Up x 2
  4. AccelPrime

Dahell i just read?
  5. Pr0ph3tx

LOL I'm getting tired. wrong thread :p
  6. TheBloodEagle

Drifter + Speed cert = Fun combo btw. Felt a bit like I was playing Tribes doing short glide jumps, side-flying past people; spraying. Good times.

Any none of the certs are suppose to give you a big boost. I think you're expecting the wrong gameplay style. The certs just help you further refine the way you want to play the game. They add a little at a time and you decide how much the little extra is worth it. Same thing with the guns. Do you want slightly faster reload? Do you want slightly less recoil? Not, oh hey buy this cert and you get 500 times faster reload, or 10000 more damage.

Albeit in beta the certs actually give you info like how much things actually increase. Now it's vague.
  7. AccelPrime

It seems you fail to understand my utterly simple post. Beyond the lvl 2 cert, there is NO improvement. Doesn't matter if you maxed out, or lvl 3, you'll still have the same jump jets as someone who's only certed lvl 2.
  8. Imij

they're reworking the class. relax until it's done.
  9. Pr0ph3tx

really dunno what everyone is ******** about. to me EVERYONE is OP because I play infil, so I have to kill everyone with a pistol up close. oh wait I can hack a terminal and switch to a max. Not so squishy anymore are we.

My point is change class, finish the job and then go back to your main class
  10. Chubzdoomer

How did you come to this conclusion? What kind of tests did you perform? Just curious is all.
  11. OminousZ

Now, I've mentioned this in 4 different threads...the more people ***** about nerf this, buff that...these things are going to happen. Leave the game alone before it gets worse.
    • Up x 1
  12. AccelPrime

Personally I haven't done any, but theres a dozen that has done tests with stop clocks/timers etc in the thread regarding this matter in the Light Assault class section. The thread is on the frontpage as well. I played with Jump jets upgrade 1 for a quite a while, and certing all the way to 5 in one barely made any difference in my flight time. It's miniscule at best.
  13. KoNNa

As long as JJ's will recharge faster with lvl2+ upgrades.. im happy with it
  14. Uben Qui

It is a diminishing return mechanic. From 1 to 5, it will always scale down. Slot 1 being the best return so that everyone can get a good benefit on the front load and 5 being the least and most expensive to make certing into it balanced and less critical when achieved.
  15. iller

LA has nothing to complain about

Atleast their ability isn't null and voided by a change in graphic setting or scopes that everyone can get pretty cheap.
  16. LT_Latency

It doesn't have to help you fly alot longer. It just has to be enough to make jumps your couldn't make before. or land and be able to jump again.

LA is my favorite class.
    • Up x 2
  17. AccelPrime

How can you not understand such simple english? I'm dumbing it down as much as I can and yet people fail to understand that there's NO DIFFERENCE between cert lvl 2 and cert lvl 6 for jump jets. not even 1% fuel regen or capacity.
  18. TheBloodEagle

Do you have hard facts on this?
  19. AccelPrime

Except for the dozens of people saying they're broken and won't work beyond cert lvl 2, no I don't. I've certed up to lvl 5, and there's no difference between level 2 and 5. As for actual numbers, no I do not.

Wish I could edit the OP, as the Adrenaline Pump unlock is also broken, giving no effect whatsoever.
  20. Wolfwood82

He came to that conclusion the same way the rest of us who play the class did. We bought the cert and realized there was no change.

Tests that have been run were Player A who has lvl 1 cert jumps to max hight, player B has lvl 2 and jumps a little higher. Players C D and E jumped to a hight that matched player B despite having lvls 3 4 and 5 respectively.

As for the rest of you who seem to have trouble reading simple posts. Shut the hell up unless you know what the OP is talking about. More then half the posters in this thread have posted utter nonsense. OP talks about Oranges, half the people start yapping about bicycles, peacocks, and how nuclear reaction powers the sun.
    • Up x 1