The Lancer should be called the Lol-zer. It does 160 damage. one bullet does 167 damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PS2Veteran, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PS2Veteran

LOL noob. the charged shots cost EXTRA ammo.

charge lv 1 = 1
    charge lv 2 = 2
    charve lv 3 =3

so I can only fire 2 charged shots. thats 1600 DAMAGE over 8 seconds or 200 DPS. The NC hacksaw mas has a dps of 9000
    The piston has a dps of 4000
  2. CactusLynx

I'm guessing they will eventually buff this later if it turns out to be a dud, it might actually turn out to be ok depending on how you use it.
  3. Splort

Why isn't anyone talking about the lancer being a portable saron? Yeah, it's going to be annihilator type damage, but come on, did you really expect to get a full damage rocket launcher that you could actually snipe with? With all the heavies running around this was the only way to balance it.
  4. PS2Veteran

so having the damage of less than 1 bullet and 200 dps is fair?

btw, piston = 4000 dps
    Dual hacksaw max = 9000 dps
    lmg = ~2000 dps
  5. Splort

None of that matters, we're talking about damage versus tanks. Did you really think they would release a anti tank sniper rifle that basically had no travel time (or little enough to not matter) that you could just point and immediately shoot something across the map for 1000 damage?

If you think the lancer's bad I feel bad for you son, there's 99 ways of trollin' but pretending to be stupid ain't one.
  6. Delta102

Yep
    /thread
  7. BalogDerStout

While this launcher has yet to be released, current speculation leads me to believe the only two launchers a heavy wants are the Decimator and the G2A launcher.

Sadly, I bought the Anni before they nerfed it to just barely useless. The lock-on is both bugged, AND takes forever.
  8. Gorion

hehe as always....

TR = we have a cool looking plan,
    NC = we have a awesome plan,
    VS = ... hmmm ... hmm lets make some bad jokes about this annoying empire the comunity will not notice! (see VS-CLASS-COLORS, MAX, MAGRIDER now RL)... pls SOE remove VS until u realy have a plan for the whole game!!!!!!
  9. Joram

Yep only usefull vs tanks but as Highby said it will have the lowest TTK vs tanks, the lancer will have low damage vs tanks and vs infantry/max so to be usefull it will need a ridiculous projectile velocity and range.
  10. Lazaruz

It is my understanding that these are Anti-vehicle weapons. If you were planning on noobtubing some infantry, I think you'll be sorely disappointed.
  11. Bill Hicks

is this fourth faction trying to speak to us?
    • Up x 1
  12. LonelyTerran

I believe so bill:eek:
  13. 9Fingers

The Lancer looks like it will be awesome to me. A squad of HA focussing their fire with these verse tanks and liberators will be like a giant magnifying glass frying ants. No warning and then instagib for a Lib that blunders into range. Sure it might sound a bit low damage for a single user but this is a team game and in that context this will be the best of all 3 rocket launchers.
  14. Brusilov [TR]

Did Higby actually give the actual damage? A fully charged shot from a lolzer could do over 900 damage and it would still take 2.5 shots to down a max.

math = 906 + 906 = 1812 + 182 = 1994 which is still less than 2000
  15. DG-MOD-04

Going to go ahead and lock this one up. Thanks for the feedback and for continuing to abide by the forum guidelines when posting to these forums.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.