The Lancer should be called the Lol-zer. It does 160 damage. one bullet does 167 damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PS2Veteran, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty The Pyro

as a note, while maxes do have 2000 health, they wont die in 2000 damage because of resitances. A stock max sports 2666 effective health vs explosives. That alone means the full charge hit is doing a bit over 1000, so a level one shot is a bit over 200.

Also if it takes 4 seconds to fully charge, then its 1.3 seconds to the first charge level, asuming that the first level is not the uncharged level which seams most likely to me. Also reading that second responce from the dev it sounds like a full charged lancer hit will do as much, if not more damage than a decimator to vehicles, with a faster fire rate to boot.

Also the AV turret does 2000 damage, not 1700.
  2. Riftmaker

Well...guess i'm skipping the lancer then. I don't care what damage it does to vehicles anymore. 2 shots at full charge is just stupid... I see no point in getting it as i saw no point in getting the annihilator while on sale. They sound underwhelming
  3. Raigir

Your complaining about a rocket launcher (laser launcher?) being ineffective at killing infantry (which includes maxes) and justify it as being suck because its bad against infantry.

Have you ever thought of, well, I don't know, how it will actually perform when shooting at its intended target. Last I checked the whole reason heavy assaults carry big boomsticks is to destroy vehicles and air.

Even though its already been said that it has a slight penalty so it will be unable to one shot an ESF (thank god) it has no penalties against vehicles.

Just as an aside if this were able to one shot air it would be broken as hell.
  4. gdgdrgdrgdrgd

>weapon not released yet
    >complaining
  5. TheRealMetalstorm

You say: "it's perfectly fine for NC and TR to have rocket launchers that own infantry on top of auto locking and camera guiding it onto vehicles right?"
    I say: NC launcher will not effectively hit air targets, since turning radius is too large + slow velocity means requirement for high leads. Unpredictability makes that amount of commitment to trajectory prediction impractical and unreliable. Tried TV missiles against BF3 Jets? You CAN do it, but you'll miss a large percentage of the time.
    TR launcher? Enemy ESF pops flares. Tell me which ESF doesn't carry flares. LOL!
    VS launcher? You're nearly guaranteed a hit, since it's basically a laser cannon. You won't gib it, but it will do significant damage.

Also, your calculations are incorrect. You are ignoring that each unit in the game can have unique resistances to different weapons. You are basing your calculations off the assumption that they did not lower the lancer direct impact damage to the MAX unit to balance it's long range sniping ability.
  6. JesNC

Hurr. Durr. Looks like the ragetrain is going full tilt, no wonder Higby doesn't do AMAs over here.

The default launcher doesn't kill MAXes in a single reload either.

I'd give this a PSA tag, but that's getting stale real fast: You also carry a LMG!

The advantages of the Lancer are pretty obvious:
    - at least 2 shots before reloading
    - no drop, fast projectile
    - easiest dumbfire launcher to hit aircraft with

But yeah, let's complain! That's sure going to help...
  7. The Shermanator

Funny, just a month ago it was common knowledge that the balance team was all VS/TR based on a Higby tweet.

I don't put much stock in claims like this.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheRealMetalstorm

anyway,

9. Paltry Porridge

That's the tradeoff for being immune to flares, being able to hit both air and ground and having sniper range.

Heck, I like it better than the striker/phoenix, because it gives you the most versatility.

The striker can't be dumbfired, the phoenix is worthless against air, the lancer can damage air, ground and infantry at any range quite easily. You can't expect it to have comparable damage.
  10. Rhinzual

The Lancer, Phoenix, and Striker did a good amount of damage to aircraft and vehicles. The Lancer could drop a Magrider in about 17 hits, a Prowler in 22, and a Vanguard in 23. Of course they were either used in large numbers as a squad/platoon, or along with Lightnings/other armor. Each.... uhhhh, container of energy cells (not the whole box, more like a magazine) was about 6 shots before a reload. The Large Energy Cell was a 3x9 inventory space item and contained 18 shots, so you could manage a few reloads with one. However, you couldn't even kill a full health, non-shielded Magrider with one, but you never really operated alone against armor in a big battle. It was slightly more powerful than the VS' AV MAX, the Comet, but the Comet had jumpjets and could fit much more ammo in it's inventory and was dedicated purely to anti-armor.

However, it only took about one second from the shot to go from charging to firing and it has a very fast projectile velocity, so there was minimal leading involved. Unlike the TR or NC, you weren't very vulnerable when using it (staying exposed to maintain lock, stuck in 1st person guided where anyone could kill you if they got the drop on you), so you could often pop out and see where the target was, fire a shot or two and retreat to cover if you needed. Now there was also the fact that the Beamer, Pulsar, and Lancer used a universal ammo type where they could press one button and go from anti-infantry mode to anti-armor mode. Pulsars, Lashers, and Lancers fired in large numbers against a Vanguard, Prowler, or Magrider would make pretty short work of the tank, especially if someone hit it with a Jammer grenade to disable it's weapons.
    • Up x 1
  11. Garrett24789P

I am pretty sure it has 6 reg shot, 4 half charged shots, and 2 full charged shots. All based on the charges or non-charges your releasing at the time.
  12. Derlandor

Since the TR Striker is a lock-on it is a zero damage against infantry. Omg.. Thats crazy! Its meant to destroy tanks. Get over it.
  13. Maxor

For those that think the lancer will be the best anti air deterent then think of this, if it travels at the speed of the PS1 Lancers then ya people will hit idle/slow aircraft most of the time but if the lancer's shot is even anywhere near as slow as the pre-nerf Saron then it will NOT hit most of the time. The shot in itself is too slow couple that with the 4 second charge up and by then ESF is gone. Plus it'll most likely take more than one shot and you can't guarentee more than one other person to back you up in using a Lancer as it seems to have the least capability on paper compared to the rest of the launchers thus most people will likely not pick it up once they hear what people say about it.

Keep in mind the trailer video for these weapons was obviously editted at the Lancer portion. It starts with the vehicle weakened plus we dont ever see the shot travel so we have no clue as to how fast it really is.

Stop making assumptions.
  14. Imperium Assault

LIes and histrionics

You are not NC.
    1 bullet typically does 143 damage.
    "Slight delay" doesn't mean 2 seconds.

If it did lots of damage it would be ******edly OP. We trade damage for accuracy.

We will see how it pans
  15. Cl1mh4224rd

This is wrong. The Lancer fires after a charge-up time, even if it's a single shot. That 4 seconds would include the charge-up time for 3 shots, so a single shot every 1.333... seconds.

And that's assuming the charge-up time is linear. Like the damage, it may not be. You may be able to fire 6 "level 1" shots faster than 2 "level 3" shots.
  16. Bowtie

Guys, this is a TEAM GAME! You will have ammo packs around!

This isn't COD where you run around solo with your Lancer trying to solo everything on your own!

Get over that mentality. The entire purpose of this game is for massively large squad and platoon based teamwork to achieve objectives!

Vanu, don't be scared! Bring your lancers and some ammo packs and it'll work out just fine!

Also, more !'s needed! !! !
  17. Derlandor

But if the lancer destroys a prowler in two shoots it will still be underpowered because you cant insta kill infantry. All this talk about up and op is more then crazy wait until we know more before all this complaining.
  18. sladuog

omg buf teh lanser i havent even seen any1 useing it yet is muts b cr@p lanser = beemer 2.o

Shut up all of you, the ESRLs will be buggy and broken for the first few weeks anyway.
  19. MrGurrenLemfox

The thing that everyone forget that Lancer have 6 magazine size, with fully charge shot the lancer can generate 800 damage per shot and that is 4800 damage per magazine, and if you shot a full charge shot to infantry he lose 800 health, and 2 more following shot to kill infantry( as 160 dam per level 1 shot) so basically you can kill 2 infantry with one mag ( combining charge shot with no charge) or 3 infantry with a all charge shot. The thing is IT DOES NOT EVEN OUT YET how you can draw and assumption by only chat of a developer , do we know that it will have splash damage, how long is the armed state is, what's the velocity of the weapon, and the most important thing is what is the DAMAGE of it. just calm down we all know that phoenix gonna get the first nerf bat and the second is the striker as soon as Buzzcutpsycho start to exploited it ( every goddamn time the annihilator, prowler HE, most of TR gun, bunny hoping as soon as he exploited it, it will get nerf) . so just relax.
  20. PaperPlanes

Well, the numbers on it do not look impressive, but how about we actually wait until we can try it out?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.