The "JOIN COMBAT" option actively, significantly sabotages Alerts

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

I did a little bit of testing, mostly outside of prime time, since it's outside of prime time that this isssue is the strongest. (because there are less fights).

By testing, I mean :

-> Click on join combat, see what base it brings me too.
    -> Cancel
    -> Do it again a bit later
    -> Do it again
    -> Do it again
    -> Do it again
    (you get the picture).

Now I could provide stats, figures, and a video showing cleartly and in a way that is NOT DENIABLE that this happening. But it's very time consuming, which is ok, because if you don't believe me, all you have to do is check it for yourself.

If you don't believe me, check it, click on "join combat" a few times, see where it takes you.

It's not 100% always, but most of the time, I HUGE majority of the time.

Wait a sec, if you don't know what I'm talking about, this is what I'm talking about :

1. During an Alert (it happens outside Alert but it's not the same is it, outside of an Alert)
    2. Outside of prime time (but it happens A LOT also during prime time, the thing during prime there are a lot more fights, but more importantly, there are active squads / platoons / outfits
    3. Population doesn't matter, it happens with most pop variations
    4. 2 factions fight it out in one big fight, it's usually (but doesn't have to be) a biolab
    5. The 3rd faction conquers all the map, taking all the bases because they have so much more pop.

I used to flame and accuse those idiots in the biolab, but what I've come to realise is :

6. IT IS THE GAME that is PROMOTING THIS. Players who want a fight, click join combat, and it takes them to the biolab. Even if that biolab is being cut off, even if whatever, nothing matters, nothing matters at all, except that there is a fight there, and so the join combat directs people there, makes them spawn there.

7. it gets worse over time, the more people, the bigger the fight, the more the 3rd faction conquers territory, the more "join combat" sends people there.

DO you not see the irony?

I see the irony, DBG, makes content for its game, Alerts (I'm not even gona get started on the sub-alerts, just talking about the main one).

At teh same time, DBG introduces a system that directly sabotages that content

DNG is killing alerts, it isn't )the players, I mean it is, a bit, but mostly, DBG is killing alerts by directing almost all the population of 2 factions to one big fight while the 3rd takes the continent.

_____

You want something even more ironic?

It would be SO ******* EASY to fix, all you need to do is tweak the )"join combat" option.

It's that easy that I'm really unsure as whether DBG is THAT ******* STUPID that they didn't do this on purpose and didn't notice, or if they couldn't care less, or, that's the last option, whether they didn't do this on purpose.

See my signature for any further constructive feedback dedicated to a team of jokers pretending to be devs while killing their own content themselves. I mean you have to admit, it is a big ******* joke isn't it? The game killing its own content? Jesus ******* christ.
  2. Zizoubaba

quick note, since the thread was moved, I don't mind, honestly I don't.

However, I just wanted point out that the issue I am explaining here is "LIVE".

I would have thought the test server forums to be regarding issues specifc to the test servers and not yet live.

Anyway, whatever ! :)

edit -> actually, maybe it's me who placed it in the wrong forum section without paying attention hmm, I honestly don't have a clue lol
  3. Zizoubaba

k so I was thinking, I've made a million threads on this topic. I've contributed a million posts to threads other people have made on this topic.

I have provided pictures, detailed information and so on.

I'm not about to do that again.

It's something that happens every day, many times a day. It really is not uncommon.

Anyway, it isn't much effort for me to copy paste a screen shot, just as a "illustration", to hlep anyone who still doesn't get it, maybe because he or she doesn't play, or only plays at prime time, or only play)s for like 1 hour a month or something.

Except this time, I'm not commenting it.....

[IMG]
  4. FunkFest

I won't deny it happens.
    I just can not add to the discussion to much, because I don't use Join Combat.
    I do however notice it in a way via the map, players constantly funneled to fights you describe. Some may be choosing to stay for the farm, if not all, but it is funny to watch my team constantly hitting a cut off biolab.
    • Up x 2