[BUG] The Impetus Scopes

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Zombo, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Zombo

I don't know why no one has noticed this, or if people just don't care, but the Impetus is highly bugged

Firstoff for a Rifle with no Sniper Scope, it has a horrible Hipfire Accuracy, naming none at all, and the Scope even completely vanishes when you are cloaking

I just bought the rifle and either want my certs back, or it fixed
    I don't know why they leave a bug like this in the game, you can't see the bugged out scopes in the trial, because "duh", who buys a scope for a trial weapon?

Also i can't see any real reason for the weapon to be inaccurate with hipfire, since there is no Sniper Scope attached to it

edit: I love the Impetus to one shot people with a gun from close to medium fights, also the faster pulling mechanism and reload is great, i just would wish it had scopes you can work with and accurate hipfire
  2. Zombo

nevermind, had the wrong name from the rifle, it actuall was the SAS-R -.-
  3. Plague Rat

Seriously? I can't believe people still come on the forums to make demands like this and think something will come of it.

If you REALLY want to try to get your certs refunded, file a ticket. What you're doing right now is the equivilent of standing in the parking lot of a shop and yelling to other customers that you want a refund instead of going into the place and talking to a clerk.

EDIT: And that scope thing isn't 'highly bugged,' it's a minor inconvienence at best. All scopes under 6x are physically a part of the weapon with the sole exception of the IR scope, which along with anything 6x or higher is a fullscreen filter. As such the lower scopes are subject to all lighting and graphical effects your gun is. And personally, I'd rather have my gun cloak with me.

FURTHER EDIT: Why the hell are you trying to hip-fire a bolt action? Is that a joke?
  4. Zombo

So you say scopes vanishing is a feature and not a bug?
    And Hip firing a Bolt action boils down to it being a slower firing shotgun in this game, two shots everything but a HA

I just see no reason in giving infiltrator a seemingly short-range option thats not at all made for short range, and not even for medium range, since the scopes are bugged ad you can't see the reticule, i also don't see any logic in it being inaccurate in hipfiring (just as well as accurate hipfiring with a 6x scope in carbines, btw.)

The so-called "minor inconvenience" is the difference between a lethal headshot and a bodyshot after which every skilled gamer starts spazzing out to not get hit
  5. Plague Rat

Feature? No. Feature has a positive connotation. This is more like a quirk. something to overcome. Adaptation is the halmark of any decent player, and not every part of the game is going to bend over backward to make you happy, but you work with it nonetheless. Not every aspect of the game is going to be a smooth ride, and complaining until they fix every bump in the road is just pointless.

The scopeless rifles aren't short-range options. Our pistol is a short range option. Our knife is a short range option. The scout rifles are KINDA a short range option. A scopeless bolt action sniper rifle is midrange.

Hip firing is not accurate by definiton, and you're firing a heavy, large caliber rifle. There is no reason hip firing SHOULD be accruate. Also you can only pull off one round per second with the SAS-R, which is the fastest bolt action. Every other weapon in the game can potentially kill you in .5 to .75 seconds at hip fire ranges, less if it's a shotgun, so even if you could miracluously land every shot trying to hipfire like that is pretty much banking on them lagging, being afk, too stupid to turn around, or missing A LOT.

Basically, if you want something equivilent to quickscopeing you're playing the wrong game.
  6. Ripshaft

If you're looking to report a bug, there's a bug report feature in game, accessible from the "support" button in the bottom left. Just be sure to disclose the bug, and only the bug, in your bug report.

Edit: also if you were unaware, there is a trial system in place for the weapons, and you can see all the scopes available to the weapon from the cert screen, even without trial.
  7. Zombo

Not sure if you play a lot of infiltrator, but the plan is to be cloaked and take aim to get a good shot, when not being able to see where exactly you are aiming, its broken outright

just imagine your normal 6x scope or 12x would vanish when cloaking, i bet then you'd be screaming "bug!" as well
    right now you're just defending something thats clearly not meant this way, since the other scopes are all not disappearing when cloaking, only the ones for the mid-scope variants

definitely gonna do that, along with an attemp to get back my certs, thanks
  8. Plague Rat

Firstly, I only call actual bugs, bugs. A bug is something unintentional and game breaking that renders a feature useless or ineffective. You can still aim. You can still cloak. With these weapons it's difficult to do them at the same time. This isn't a bug. It's a quality of life issue at best that you're over dramatizing.

Infiltrator is my most played class. And that's YOUR plan, not mine. I use my cloak to get to a good location, lower my profile while I make approaches and flank, and to evade after I've made my shot and people are looking for me. I never use it while I'm aiming, because I want to be able to make my shot the instant a good oppertunity presents itself and not wait for the de-cloak timer. That half second of de-cloak time until my gun unlocks is enough to flub the shot, and then I'd have less cloak time to disappear after, even if I make the shot.

Clearly your plan doesn't fit the game, as is. So you can either change it or keep trying and cry about it, and hope they fix it. But I'd rather change my plan and have fun with what I have then to keep shoving my hand on a hot burner and yelling because nobody has turned it off for me yet.

At close to mid ranges I most often use the impetus, which is one of those rifles with the vanishing scope you hate, and it has never once been an issue with me. I know where the center of my screen is enough to get things close enough and I don't hold breath or make my final final aim until I'm de-cloaked for the same reasons as above.

Simply put, I think you're trying too hard to play one specific way, and refusing to entertain any alternatives.

The best advice I can give is to know, understand, and accept that things might not change, or not in the way you expected or even wanted. So the best thing you can do is adapt and do what you can to play the game as is. Devs don’t answer to the whims of the player. They’re taken into consideration, of course, they want to keep us playing, but at the end ofthe day they don’t really owe us anything. And who knows, maybe down the road it'll get changed, but insisting that something you don’t like is a bug isn’t suddenly going to get it changed.

As for getting a refund, I wish you luck but I'm pretty sure in the SoE Terms of Service they says they won't for game issues, balance issues, or accidental purchase (since it always asks if you're sure) so please don't rage if they say no.
  9. Ghoest

Its not a bug - but it would be better if the description directly spelled out the deal with scopes.
  10. ThundaHawkPS

Listen. Get the 3.4x scope (not the red dot, the other one). This scope lets you pre aim the Impetus in stealth.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zombo

Ok, so
    1) The 3.4x scope goes invisible as well, but its a little better than the 2x Reflex
    2) I wont get a refund, meh
    3)Looks like aiming with the standart iron sights is the best way to go

The rifle is still usefull in some situations, but i will definitely look into every weapon i buy at sme youtube vids or whatever to see their performance as of now

I still think it's a bug, since other scopes don't disappear because they are simple overlays, but i guess its üretty low on the fix list for devs, if at all

Guess if you want to go infiltrator on shorter than extreme long range you need something semi-automatic, so i'll definitely purchase the rebel first with my next 500 certs (about 5 days of play with the premium boost, not the best score, but okay)
    and think about getting the shadow, which seems to have a punch and a high fire rate

the only thing about it that mocks me is that all scopes for every weapon the infiltrator uses that aren't overlay still vanish, but i guess putting a sticker on my screen would be an option ;)
  12. Plague Rat

If you're really having that much of a problem with it, you can probably jerry-rig something together with a laser pointer and something to act as a weighted base and hold it at an angle. Sit it on your desk and line the dot up with the center of the crosshairs in game. I remember back in the 90s when they first started showing up everyone used to sneak them into school that some of the novelty ones even have crosshair filters (or reclining naked women but that probably won't help the aim)

I mean you can get a cheap laser pointer for a few bucks at a pet store or office supply and the base can be as simple as a deck of playing cards, and duct tape. Though it would probably be better to find a laser with an on/off toggle rather than a button to press and hold so you don't have to bust it open and play with the wires.

EDIT: or a much simpler method: Go to an office supply, buy transparancy sheets for an overhead projector, tape one to the upper frame of your monitor and put a red dot on the sheet where the crosshairs meet. then just flip the sheet up to the back of the monitor when you don't need it. This option is more lap-top friendly and won't have you replacing batteries every few days.