The Hacksaw needs an obvious nerf

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Iceuhk

How much range do you get with the slug rounds for it? Im curious about it. I know that with regular slug rounds i can ****** snipe with it.
  2. Ganelon

Oh dear, the NC really have horrible habits on the forums. I better go lock them in their warpgates again.
  3. Vonluckner

With Hacksaws I'd say it shoots minute of badguy to about 50m. Beyond that the accuracy gets a little spotty and you'll be missing shots.

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the thread. Due to a high number of applicants, your request for freedom cannot be processed at this time. Please come back later when I have more ammunition.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zaik

Since it's a MAX, it has to hip fire rather than being able to ADS like normal slug shotguns. So it's nowhere near as reliable as the normal shotguns with slug ammo, however we have two instead of one which is a rather nice alternative. I've killed people at 50-60m with it instantaneously, but it's a bit of luck and usually I land one hit on them and they immediately run away.

The damage appears to be very similar(2-3 hit kill). Some level of nanoweave will prevent the slugs from two shotting on non-headshots at different ranges, but I haven't bothered to test what levels are needed when. Scoring a headshot appears to always result in a 2 hit kill, though it's impossible to tell if you scored a headshot on the first hit.

It has the same weakness normal slug ammo shotguns do as well though, ADADADAD warpers will wreck your ****, you have to either get lucky or just run away with charge.
  5. Antivide

Nerf NC.

NC OP.

User gets killed by shotgun - >

Complains shotgun is OP at close range - >

My initial reaction, of course, it's a freaking shotgun.
  6. Nehlis

As an NC player, I give you respect. I'd give a cookie but I can't send it through the internets.
  7. Qaz

The dual scat-maxes are incredibly strong, but also a bit situational (apart from cap points, biodomes and techplants ... mhm). I dont think they are the issue. The issue are the lackluster AI weapons on the other weapons. The nc max is fun to use. The vanu max is far from that, unfortunately. Conclusion: Laser beams for vanu maxes!!
  8. BadLlama

I think the TR cycler is fine it just requires kitting against NC MAXes however the Vanu AI max does seem to have some issues. They are like suppose to me in the middle range wise between NC and TR I guess? Kind of a bad place to be.
  9. Commissar Gaunt

here is the better question, why the hell did you try to close with a MAX suit you KNOW has a shotgun... if I see a engineer closing on me with a shotgun (unless its the jackhammer then i will stand firm and **** his ****) I will run like the dickens till he is like 3 arm lengths away and rock his world... Play to your strengths, TR cyclers rock mid-range, so keep your targets mid range... NC have shotguns, you know this, so stay like 10 meters away and aerate his suit, problem solved.
  10. A3quitas

Low ammo and short ranged. Balanced. Anyone who claims anything from NC is OP, is unwise.
  11. Dkamanus

As a Dual Grinder User (prefer for the spread and 2 extra bullets per cartridge), anyone who thinks that ScatterMAXes are effective without slug ammo (which costs 300 extra certs) at 20M+, you must be put down. Seriously. And to those getting killed on CQC against ScatterMAXes and complaining about OPness, let us remember that in open areas, 1 Dual Cycler MAX has more deterrent power then a ScatterMAX. "OMG, OP, A MAX THAT HOLDS AN INFANTRY LINE ALONE WITH INFANTRY SUPPORT!NEEEEERF"

Simple, DON'T charge a ScatterMAX and expect to win. That's what grenades and C4 are for.
  12. ytman

Pew Pew Pew.

NC MAXES == Death in CQC
  13. Village

The Hacksaw is incredibly powerful, but dont nerf it just give other maxes a similar burst damage short range weapon.
    • Up x 2
  14. BobFromMarketing

You can balance withotu simply giving everyone carbon copies of eachother's stuff.

Anyone complaining about a unit with two massive shotguns attached to its arms doing well in CQC needs to have their head examined.
  15. Marinealver

So the hacksaw is just a Planetside 2 scatter cannon before the nerf.

So you got stock weapons (crap) and better weapons that look and act just like the stock one but only have more ammo or damage per shot.

Ha some sidegrade
  16. Marinealver

^THIS^, what would be nice is actual diffrent weaposn that other MAXs use. Maybe give the VS som type of scatter shot that bounces off walls but weaker then the scatter cannon. Or give the NC a frag grenade launcher that will kill infantry.

I hate the fact that now we got not new MAX weapons but the same Scat/Falcon Cycler/Pounder Quasar/Comet but with two diffrent stat line upgrade adjustments. They look the same the act the same with diffrent RoF or damage. Heck THEY ARE THE SAME.

We do not need 3 of the same weapons!!!
  17. Jourmand1r

NC has a useful weapon, hurry and nerf it Higby.
    • Up x 1
  18. JDCollie=VX9=

People are seriously complaining because a shotgun is powerful in CQB? That's what they are for!

Here's an idea: Give the Hacksaw's stats to the Jackhammer, and the Jackhammer's stats to the Hacksaw! That way the NC special heavy weapon will be useful, and the OP won't survive the NC Heavies long enough to ***** about the MAX.
  19. Qaz

ha, that'd be an even worse grief magnet than the lasher! i dont entirely disagree with the notion though. PS2 implements asymmetric balance, which means that the NC get the crazy strong shotguns on their maxes, and that TR can spew a million bullets per second. It'd be just if the vanu received a ghostbuster beam!

Basically, all maxes can excel at different things, as long as they excel. TR and VS still need some more love
    • Up x 1
  20. Marinealver

YEah I am just saying if they are going to make difrent weapons for the MAXs they should be diffrent weapons. but all they do now is give the same weapon with some minor you hardly notice adjustments. They don't even change the model.