The HA shield nerf is dumb

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Thats what i am saying lol, Resist even got a significant Buff(50% more duration) to go along with it.
  2. Goretzu

Really the only way to judge the nerf is to look at effective hitpoints as % resists can be a bit misleading to directly compare, look at Kinetic Armour for MAXs.
  3. bLind db

They could drop Resist Shield to 10% and some ****ters would still complain that HA is OP.

Game is going the way of WoW and just dumbing **** down as much as possible to appease the ****ters.
    • Up x 1
  4. Azawarau

Gonna be honest

The buff is nice buuuuuuuuuut wont change much in gameplay

I can think of a single time where i actually ran out of resist duration
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.
  6. Pirbi

I think medkit tanking and server issues have given the shield a bad rap. But I also think playing HA is boring.
    • Up x 1
  7. Savadrin

This is a great point actually. I'd like to see medkits fixed with a hard cooldown before they set the shield on fire.

Also - why would it be so difficult to cap the medkit heal at 500 instead of half second invuln fill?
  8. Gammit

9. Gundem

I think the movespeed penalty needs to be toned back for RS.

Currently, with NMG or Adren, once your shield is out, you get full strafe speed back. This is pretty significant in a 1v1.
    But with RS, you are stuck with a significant move penalty, which means less dodging and more damage being taken.
  10. Savadrin

Why? So you can have a flat 35% damage reduction and less of a penalty to offset it?
  11. Gundem

Because if you are damaged at all before you activate it, you are less effective.

Perhaps after the nerf I'll feel differently. But currently, with Adren you can have more HP, the ability to use re-actively, and faster regen by just getting a kill or two.
  12. Savadrin

Yes and no - it's not like you lose the 35%, you're just at less of an advantage than you could be ;)
  13. Azawarau

Considering its advantages when used preemptively id say its fine
  14. Jubikus

I dont know if i would call a nerf dumbing down because it doesnt make it any less or more complicated. As for you WoW reference i wouldnt even call that game dumbed down really if anything the complication is really kind of the same just in different areas theres plus just so many more tools to know what your supposed to gear in 2015 than there was in 2005 when people were just guessing so the perception is different plus now theres way more boss mechanics than the 1-2 old WoW ever had and way more difficulty settings to do things on granted i will give you that theres alot less tedius ******** you have to do like collecting soulstones for 2 hours before raids so you can summon people but i dont know if this is really dumbing down or getting rid of something that was stupid in the first place i mean it isnt like it was complicated just annoying.
    • Up x 1
  15. Gundem

RS gives less effective HP when combined with NW then NMG or Adren. Meaning that currently, RS has no advantage except for having slightly less downtime when combined with ASC, except that Adren gives plenty of sustained usage.
  16. Savadrin

LFR and the ******** mechanics changes that went along with it was what dumbed WoW down too much for me to play anymore. WoTLK was the last raid set with elitism/HM play as a real option. But after Cata came out, I was only doing pvp and crafting anyway.

I mean they still had HM in Cata from what I understand but nobody gave a **** as you could get your welfare purples a couple tiers below with basically no effort at all.
  17. Azawarau

After the nerf things will be different

Though for now i prefer RS+ Shield Capacitor
  18. Jubikus

Yeah but the actual heroic fights were harder than then anything previous cata wasnt great but even the best guild in the world wiped 600 times before downing heroic ragnaros in firelands. The dumbing down came in the form of making tedious tasks easy to manage like looking for group it wasnt hard to find a group for dungeons before hand nor was it complicated it was just annoying. Plus welfare purples have been in the game forever and at the same time Purple didnt mean good. The game is more complicated now then ever before because there isnt just dungeons and raids theres dungions, heroic dungions, challenge mode dungions, mythic dungeons, LFR raids , normal raids, heroic raids and, mythic raids and if you think they are all easy then do challange mode dungions on gold and come back to me because that **** is crazy. The hardest thing in Vinilla wasnt doing a raid it was simply getting the 40 idiots to get and put on some fire resist gear the fights werent complicated at all.
  19. Savadrin

The heroics (dungeons, not raids) in LK were only difficult with undergeared or bad players. I think when Pandaren came out and the feel of the game became excessively juvenile, I couldn't deal. WoW started out feeling gritty, and it seemed that Draenor might be taking it back that way - but honestly I haven't even bothered to look. I'm not sure I will ever go back to playing - had a golden age with good friends and once everyone quit, the game was a shell of itself to me.
  20. Pat22

It seems, Ballto, that sarcasm does not present itself too well in written form.

You're kidding, right?

Currently, with Resist, you gain a total of 1800 health, while with either NMG or Adren combined with Nanoweave, you gain a total of 2100. Granted, it's more health, but that's pretty much the only part of your statement that is accurate.

First, there's the weaknesses of Nanoweave. Nanoweave does not apply to headshots, so that 2100 is irrelevant when someone is aiming for your head.
    Nanoweave also only protects from small arms, meaning all forms of explosives are unaffected.
    Resist shield, on the other hand, protects against all forms of damage for its full 1800 total health, while leaving your suit slot free.

Both NMG and Adren also have a lengthy recharge time, and if you're running with NMG, then so do your shields. You get one engagement at "2100" health and then you're out of the battle for at least 14 seconds waiting for your shields to recharge. Then you need your overshield to be at maximum to get that 2100 total health.

Resist Shield is the most effective and versatile shield, and it will remain that way even after the overshield changes.

NMG / Adren + Nanoweave is a gimmick that can be useful in certain situations.