The Great Satan Has Returned

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Nov 12, 2015.

1. TheShrapnelKing

2. FateJH

What's he talking about?
  3. TheShrapnelKing

I don't think he knows they introduced victory conditions.
  4. Benton582

Mind explaining who this is? I never seen nor heard of him before.
  5. ronjahn

I'm pretty happy it's up and running again. Good source to look over your stats and performance.

Bittervet syndrome talking there. He sees the game as nothing more than a stat grind and without the premier stat tracking website, he didn't see a reason to play.
    • Up x 1
  6. ColonelChingles

Wow... kinda feel sorry for him.
    • Up x 3
  7. Liberty

Hah! Its been a while since I talked to 50 but I'm pretty sure all he was saying is that for the average player, victory conditions in this game were pretty meaningless as hex population was the most determinant factor in a battles outcome. And unless you were part of a large outfit that could really influence hex population you have very limited impact on the win/loss mechanic of a fight.

The main reason to play the game has always been enjoying shooting dudes and blowing stuff up, but with the W/L mechanics pretty much in the dumpster for the average player the site allowed you to set your own goalposts for personal achievements and give many a reason to play beyond the love of shooting dudes and blowing stuff up.

It is kind of like how MMORPG's that don't offer your typical end game experiences find many players making up their own. Like DPS races, speed clears, etc. If you enjoy the base game and its mechanics, chances are you'll try to set some goals to work towards to keep yourself playing longer.
    • Up x 1