The Great Debate

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Selrahc4040, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Zorro

Actually, in one battle on Esamir we were being camped within the base by the New Conglomerate, outnumbered and cornered. Azure Twilight used a light assault squad to leap over the walls and destroy the main enemy Sunderer, winning the battle for the Vanu Sovereignty.

Light Assault squads can make a difference in their current state, but they are too unreliable and in most instances anything else would be more effective.
    • Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

Why reduce anything? Why not increase both? Since when you can't increase anything without reducing the other thing? ESFs get new weapons, should the old ones be removed?
    • Up x 1
  3. MajiinBuu

I never said we couldn't increase both, I stated that more-vertical-less-horizontal would be better than more-horizontal-less-vertical movement.
    Also there's nothing wrong with the current jets
  4. EMP1RE

That game looks so awesome! Where can I get it??
  5. Midgetdan

You mean when? about 7-10 years probably
  6. Lakora

Did he... Did he just damage the Magrider with a carbine? o.o Me want...
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

i am for longer jetpack duration for normal jumpjets and for quicker movement speed/faster momentum gain for drifter jumpjets
  8. EMP1RE

Aw :(

In all seriousness though, it seems like everything I enjoy doing in PS2 keeps getting dumbed down or nerfed... it's getting quite tragic.
    • Up x 1
  9. WarMan

I don't care too much about the regular movement speed of my guy, that would just be a bonus. I want an actual jetpack, not a jump pack. Something that lets me actually fly a short distance like an aircraft for a brief amount of time, I don't mind anti air missiles being able to lock on to me while doing so, just let me fly.
  10. Takoita

What I want out of the LA update we'll hopefully get sometime? Access to the Thumper six-shot grenade launcher, of course - to better spread the bumache all around.

Very unlikely to happen, but seeing as LA's shtick seems to be 'anti-infantry trooper with unprecedented mobility but limited range on their weapons', I can say that this would fit the theme of the class with a straight face. :)
  11. dvizer

ICARUS JUMP JETS

+Greater speed =God among men
    • Up x 4
  12. OldMaster80

1) adrenalie pump improved.
    2) Increased drifter speed.
    3) decrease accuracy penalty when flying.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lethal_Sting

Ughh, don't see why they can't add those back in.

Lagging hitboxes is a bad excuse, not like we could hit anything either.
    • Up x 1
  14. Selrahc4040

It makes us completely invulnerable for a couple of seconds, doesn't seem fair to me. (Although they'd make one HELL of a fun toy)
  15. Iridar51

I often see people suggesting bringing Icarus jets back, but I honestly don't see how they would be useful aside from very few bases located on cliffs or ravines, and even then I'm not sure losing ability to maneuver in small bursts is worth the added vertical thrust.
    • Up x 2
  16. Laxlu

Light assault class lack of his own role. He have none.
    Medic - heal and revive.
    Engi - repair and ammo.
    Heavy - vehicle and max destruction.
    Infiltrator - enemy spot, terminal hack.
    Light assault - get to the rooftop and be blown up by a tank?
    Yeah sure, he is the best guy to get kills and escape to inaccessible to other classes place. But how is that teamwork? Everyone can get a lot of kills. But everyone else can be helpful to his buddies. LA needs to get SOMETHING to become a teamplayer.
    Maybe he can get an ability to spot enemies for longer time or to the greater amount of ally's. Maby hide auto spot of friendly's on the minimap. Or jam enemy minimap completely. Some sort of device which like a infi dart gun will track enemy vehicle or a max unit. Hell, maybe he can land on back of a max and disable him for a moment what would be totally badass and helpful at the same time. At least give him an ability to remove infiltrator darts, what would be helpful.
    • Up x 1
  17. Midgetdan

Light Assault is supposed to have to role of getting through enemy defenses, he needs somethings that can help, NOT make teammates get through...
    • Up x 1
  18. JeremyClaws

I know there has been some talk about implants recently, and it would be nice if there was an implant for light assaults, where killing an enemy would refund some of your jet fuel back. Although it is kind of annoying that at this point, the jump jets cannot be used for very sustained use and take FOREVER to regenerate. I would like to see more class specific weapons for the light assault that would not be accessible to engineers.
  19. Corezer

Light Assault needs nades that don't suck. Along with their additional effects, both EMP and Concussion grenades BLIND better than the FLASH
    Smoke grenades serve no purpose as long as engineers can get ammo from their own boxes for UBSL
    Frags, when thrown from above, bounce around like flubber, they are the most useful one, but only because they at least have a chance of being useful...
    With stickies and concussions our grenades would actually be intuitive.

A spot removal mechanic is also vital. As it stands, all it takes to foil any LA is to press Q. Once that SR-7 is on you, you are going to die. Even if you somehow manage to avoid dying for the duration, within a 10 second window almost everyone will have noticed you on their map.

CoF should shrink to 3 (from 7) while jets are active. They can shrink a little slower, maybe over the course of a second or less, and still be full size when you initially jump. Or maybe make it so we can ADS with a cone of fire of 3 while flying, this will make it a little harder to use, especially with higher powered scopes. If this is not done LA will continue to be a PA spam class.

75% ADS speed would be nice too, but to do that we would have to make a new class of weapon for engineers, as it would be OP on them for every carbine.
    • Up x 2
  20. Sandpants

Generally get blown up by anything. Spotting kills LA with no shots fired.

This is going into infiltrator realm, but what if LA had a tool that removed him from the minimap, albeit with some heafty functional restrictions. Like having to hold the item to receive the effect. So no guns. And perhaps only functional against opponents out of LoS.
    A notification that we've been spotted would be nice too.

So more emphasis on using the environment as a stealth scapegoat rather than a "I'm totally not here" button. As in a more interactive tool to set a huge difference between LA and Infiltrator stealth.
    • Up x 1