The Great Debate

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Selrahc4040, Dec 23, 2013.

1. VaIhall

Light Assualt is fine I think the only thing I don't like is when you fly the bullets go in all directions.
    • Up x 1
  2. Messaiga

Similar, except that using it would not drain all of the fuel at once, rather you could use it a couple of times before your fuel bar runs out and needs to regen.
  3. Zorro

We need more mobility, that is the whole point of light assault. As for weaponry, all we truly need is a sword.
  4. Iridar51

I'd really dig a sword, but there are quite a few concerns there, like the theme of the game, and one hits being not fun on the receiving end.
  5. Zorro

A sword does not need to one-shot, as long as a system exists so that it is still useful.
  6. Iridar51

[IMG]
    I'm writing those infantry ideas right now, I'll try to think of a way how sword can be useful.
    But "pro-futuristic" players will disagree with this idea no matter what.
    • Up x 1
  7. Zorro

They cannot disagree with a futuristic sword.
  8. Archiadus

Starting from 1:20. I'd love to have jump jets that had enough fuel for 3-4 high jumps before having to recharge.

9. Lakora

I'd just honestly love for the ability to hit F... To drain all my fuel n switch from Jump Jets to Drifters. Just like how Engi's can have use their Ammo pack with the Ace tool by hitting B. :)

Mostly cause when I need Jump Jets I got drifters on n vice versa.
    • Up x 1
  10. DerEchteSpatz

I would like to have the Icarus-Jetpack back. Or at least make the LA shift with a button between Drifters and Jumpers.
    It would be nice if AP would stay a class-specific trait (Yes, the Infiltrators will get that one too when they'll becoming buffed.)
    Maybe AP should get a bit of a buff. I feel like I'm almost the onely one using it.

Almost forgot:
    Why are the Infiltrators always observing our LA-Threads??? (*nervous*)

PS: I didn't see that PS2-Trailer until now. It made me laugh bitterly.
    That's like marrying the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, and waking up at morning in your honeymoon, to find out the ***** actually weighs 300 pounds and in reality, without her makeup, looks like a failed facial surgery...

And they're really wondering why most of the new players quit shortly after the first few games???
    • Up x 2
  11. Iridar51

That's what happened to me. When I saw that LA jet around with his jump jets I knew that I'll play this game, and which class would it be. The one with the jet pack. Too bad it's also the most nerfed, lackluster class. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  12. MajiinBuu

I want faster surfing speed.
    If I am drifting along the ground I should easily be able to pass people, not gradually get ahead of them.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mastachief

Reduce the max height(halve it) they can jetpack to but dramatically increase the horizontal movement speed and duration. Their guns are more than fine.

No matter the base design LA's break a lot of defensive strats. It is already too powerful, buffing it would be a huge mistake.
  14. MajiinBuu

I say increase the height and reduce horizontal movement.
    We have drifter jets for that
  15. Iridar51

And I say screw you guys, and increase both of these things. Why on earth would you want anything about LA nerfed even further?

LA is too powerful? Say that to all those hundreds of people that play LA just because of that, the most popular and OP class of all. Oh wait, they don't exist.
    • Up x 3
  16. Mastachief

If you don't understand what I am saying you are probably a simple run and gun player. Playing the game tactically and competitively you can see the impact this class can have in the right hands.

It is already too powerful in one direction. Why have fortifications built like castles if this one class can negate it at a whim. By increasing the horizontal movement and speed. It brings the class down to earth but gives them a big boost in another direction but allows fortification to work so there is actual defensive benefits for owning bases.
  17. MajiinBuu

How is a vertical movement increase a nerf?
    And nobody says LA is too powerful, where are you getting this from?
  18. Mastachief

I say it and a lot of players i play with do too. It is a very fun class to play and i do sometimes play it and we have a bunch of very good light assaults in my outfit but it is still too powerful for the base design that SOE currently employs.
  19. Iridar51

Seeing as LA that can bypass defenses is 1 out of 6 classes, I don't see the problem. It's not like LA can't be caught while doing so.
    There are tools to prevent LA bypasses: motion detection darts, scout/proximity radar, generally being aware of the possibility of LA flanking attack, deploying your own LAs to counter enemy LAs.

If there was one thing I never would expect competitive and tactical players to have a problem with is LA defense bypasses. If this tactic was as powerful as you make it sound, then the game would be dominated by LA squads, which is not the case. I don't think I've ever heard of even one outfit doing anything like that to any degree of success. Having a few LAs wreaking havoc behind enemy lines is helpful, but it doesn't make or break a battle.

Mastachief does. In this thread. One post behind you. Which you quoted.

This is a nerf.
    • Up x 3
  20. MajiinBuu